Reviews for smoke and mirrors
ccase13 chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
A demon Dean doing good and not letting Sammy know its him is really very sad somehow.
StaleCoffee chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
This was beautiful.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
What a sad ending! I enjoyed this read, though, especially your explanation of how Dean forgets everything that ever made him human except Sammy. Even if, in the end, those memories are a pallid shadow of the past as well.
Startide Risen chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Hey, there, dress-without-sleeves. It's been far too long since I ventured into land, and I see you've been prolific! I'll try to do some catching up...

I really enjoyed this fic on a number of levels. The bravery of "Hell makes demons, no exceptions, NOnotevenforWinchestersdammit!" The fact that Dean's last word to Sam is "dickweasel." The snap of the prose, particularly the fine details of Bela's tells and Ruby taking people out with her stilettos. Loved the callback to the pilot with "I wanted a beer."

But I also had larger questions about this story that amounted to more than "Oh, you missed a comma here." They're kinda pretentious and meta-heavy, and I don't want to pontificate at your fic if that's not really what you're looking for in feedback. Maybe more SPN geekage over email? Drop me a line whenever. Duckie.

Thanks so much for a good read.
Angelbyname chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Love this angle.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Oh, wonderful.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Wonderful story! I maintain though that he is still essentially Dean with all the choices he makes, hunting evil, possessing a terminally ill host and giving him the choice to be possessed and a chance to live longer.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
That was different. I would hope Dean would be a demon who would kill other demons. And will Sam realize it's Dean by the use of the name "Sammy"?

Good story.
psiChic chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Aw crap. You made me cry. Like seriously...Crap. Great job.
thevigilante15 chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Very unique! Loved it!
cozmikfaerie chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
this was so good...but so sad!:(! I really enjoyed it!
Lilia Lasia chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Aw...that was so sad! But I would love it if they did something like that, if they end up killing him. But they better not becauswe then I'm pretty sure they would have riots at their door! Hehe. I'm also obsessed with Supernatural, incase you couldn't tell. Didn't you love Jus In Bello? There was one moment where I kept rewinding to watch again, and drool. I'm pretty sure you know which one I'm talking about. Hehe. Anyway, that was a good way to think of him becoming a demon but still kind of him.
Nyx Wings chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
This story is wonderful and beautiful and sad. Even after all that, he can still remember Sam. Good move using the kid with cancer, they both get to live. The interactiosn with Ruby were cool, and hey, even Bela makes an appearance. Neat. Nice lines too, Dean's "I wanted a beer" is totally something he'd say.

I think Dean is wrong tho. He still has some of himself left. The memories may be faint, but they're there somewhere. And he still hunts, still does what he did in life. Hunting was a part of his self, an important part. He may have forgotten his music and his car, but I think there's still a few embers under the ashes.
mirewen chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
That last line absolutely KILLED me. Beautifully, beautifully done.
irnan chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Oh, dear God. Not fair. Not fair at all... but somehow, at the same time... yes!

Is that crazy?