Reviews for His Mother's Son
Guest chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
I love it. Cool. Thanks, you rock!
SeverusFreakingSnape chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I love it! Wow the end was really dramatic and made me think a lot about what's going through Snape's mind at this time. As someone has already said, a lot of fans don't think about what Snape perceived of Harry before he met him - and I admit to this myself.. I never considered what Snape might've hoped for Harry to be, but now that I DO think about it, this is exactly what he must have thought. Brilliant! :D
Librasmile chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Piercing and poignant: very nice. Emotional punch in a short length. Nicely done!
clearwatercullener chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
that was really good the last part is sad!but very well written.
Phoenix Antonia chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
this is excellent! i love it because it points out something that i think a lot of fans never realize. i dont think we usually contemplate what snape might have been thinking about harry before he actually saw him, only after. i suppose everyone assumes he already knew what he looked like, though there's really no reason for him to know that harry looked like james and not lily.

this is wonderful because it shows us how snape might have been so excited to have a young copy of lily running around, that he could dote on, teach potions and DADA to. and then harry shows up and he's a spitting image of james, and snape would be so disappointed and furious he wouldn't even take the chance to actually get to know harry, cause if he did, he'd probably see that harry is actually a lot more like lily than he is like james.

this is one thing that i find so heartbreaking about the relationship that harry and snape had, they hated each other so much, when they could have had a nice father/son relationship. and i think you've really shown quite well how and why snape was so cruel to harry while he was at hogwarts. harry was just a symbol of what snape had lost, instead of a reminder of what he'd had.
shiftyless chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Have 2 say this is well written & fits Pof. Snape perfectly unfortuately 4 Harry Potter he's not a very 4giving person is he? Instead of letting the hate go he directs it 2 poor Harry just because he looks like his father James
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Well, hell. You're trying to make me want to kick Sev's ass. I'll leave that to Lily, though. *sighs* Excellent plotting for such a small snapshot in time. Perfectly in-character.
PyroChilde chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
What a wonderful story! I love how we can see, in this brief glimpse into Snape's thoughts, how everything went wrong. Maybe he should have looked into those brilliant green eyes first! I love it! Awesome little fic!
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Fantastic one-shot. Thank you for sharing. :]
NadaZilch chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Blind. He was too blind and never got to enjoy who Harry really was. He missed out and it turned tragic for the both of them. That's what happens when we judge on outward appearance.
tnr chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Sad. Makes me wish HP was a Slyth.
Emawa chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Wow! Nice description! I can totally see Snape thinking this! Fabulous!
Megan chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Oh wow, that was fantastic!

It's really amazing how you kept Snape so in-character.

I wouldn't doubt that what you wrote was exactly what was really going through his mind that day.
CheeseFace chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
loved it. its really good even though its short.
Miss Sammi Potter chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
aww, how sad. it was good though. you could feel the emotion. nice work