Reviews for Coming Home
paulc5 chapter 3 . 5/24/2014
Salvation for Archer!
The bridge scene and later in the ready room were LOL funny.
Malcolm playing devil's advocate was truly in character, but the nod in the direction of TATV, an episode I found spiritually repellent, was somewhat disheartening.

Still, you say there might be a sequel eventually...

Thank you for a wonderful piece of thoughtful, moving fiction
paulc5 chapter 2 . 5/23/2014
Woman wearing a man's white shirt - Oh God! It's in the DNA...

Really, they are still talking around their relationship...and they know it.
AND they are still misunderstanding each other.
Totally within character
...Sash weight for Capt. Archer...(on principle: I'm sure he's done something or will do something to deserve it)

...and a cliffhanger...
Another polished chapter.
:-)
paulc5 chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Phlox is good. The 'voice' sounds right and his concerned interference is perfect.
Archer, aside from needing further application of a sash weight, seems a little 'off'. But this might be because 'Tourist Archer' is a little hard to pin down.
The interaction between Trip'n'T'Pol is leaving enough 'unsaids' to carry the story through to the next chapter.
The 'shower scene' (with a difference - what a difference!) - with Trip realising he is lost and confused, and then having Trip beg T'Pol, "Please tell me what to do." is a masterstroke. Pushing more of the onus for the relationship onto her, inviting her to become proactive in determining what she wants to happen.

Great setup for the next chapter.
twin1 chapter 3 . 2/3/2013
Enjoyed this too. It isn't marked as complete by the way.
Jamieson Zed chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
Ah, great stuff. Lovely heart-warming sequel to a heart-wrenching story. My fave line for sure was "One could...if one were really determined to take all the fun out of everything" - that's a Trip line if ever there was one D

I know it's been a few years since this was posted...but any chance you're still considering that sequel you mention in the author's notes? ;-)
Whirlwind421 chapter 3 . 6/29/2011
Once again I like your fixed version of the evil last episode! Great story! I love romance! :D
Moichino chapter 3 . 11/21/2010
This and "Almost Home" are just fantastic - I love your Missing Scenes series but I do hope someday you come back to this story line. Just excellent!
Writer's Grove chapter 3 . 3/23/2008
All I can think of is WOW! This is an excellent sequel to the other story, but I wouldn't have felt too lost if I hadn't read it. Everything involved in their relationship makes perfect sense while staying in character. Wow!
DinahD chapter 3 . 3/3/2008
Nice exploration of some of the problems Trip and T'Pol would face if their relationship became known. It would undoubtedly be a challenging union on a variety of levels.

For once Archer isn't totally clueless. Good. He's the captain; he's supposed to be observant.

This was an outstanding story! Good job!
evcake chapter 3 . 3/3/2008
I really like your story.

Nice touch of verisimilitude:

Trip looked flabbergasted. “It’s that obvious?”

“Let’s just say you both might want to take a shower next time.”

Trip cringed. “Oh.”

And you do a good Malcolm, I think.

Looking forward to more stories from you. :-)
bina W chapter 3 . 3/2/2008
I liked this story. Starflrry cannot really tell its officers that they cannot have a relationship can they? Vulcan could interfer ont heir behalf.

BW
Bluenblack chapter 3 . 3/1/2008
You are so evil.

:D
evcake chapter 2 . 2/28/2008
Wow. I'm really enjoying this, and hoping for more soon. :-)

I like the white shirt scene especially.
LadyRainbow chapter 2 . 2/27/2008
Awesome story so far, Alelou. I love the "back door" analogy. I love T'Pol's line: "If you want this relationship to work, perhaps you could speak plainly instead of using obscure metaphors related to domestic architecture.”

*big grin*

Update soon, please! :)
skypilot-dlm chapter 2 . 2/27/2008
What a wonderful piece, and very well written, too. You've got a wonderful grasp of the characters, well done. I eagerly await the following chapters!