Reviews for Shades of Black
Deathra chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
I like me some Lifetaker Lads, especially well-written ones. Nero just happens to be a well-written Lifetaker Lad; he's fast, he's deadly, he's got the air of an anti-hero. Therefore, this story is love. Nice!
Danjo3 chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
This is an alright story, but besides certain similarities, I’m not quite sure what is has to do with Gunslinger Girl. You might want to consider moving it to another category.

I would give you a 1 to 4 star rating, but I’m strictly a GSG reviewer, so I really can’t help you.
Nachtsider chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Eleven kills, a sheaf of important documents retrieved and a hostage rescued, all accomplished with naught but a pair of handguns - boy, is Nero one smooth operator! Although I'm a wee bit nitpicky about the choice of weapons you've given him (Sintendo's Baldo uses an M1911 and my Liesel uses a Glock 18 - I always get nitpicky whenever someone's OCs use the same firearms as canonical characters or someone else's OCs), that's just a minor gadfly in a sea of ointment - this story of yours is a solid introductory tale; I particularly love the tack you've taken by making them a sorella team and a foreign one to boot. Future installments to the saga are something I'm definitely not going to miss - I'm adding it to my Story Alert list that I'll always be in time to catch the fun when it starts. Great work!