Reviews for A Stormtrooper's Story
Takiki16 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
"when said source is your commanding officer being dragged away by Public Enemy Number One..."

"If you don't know what it is or what's going on, shoot it."

Great lines! I love outsider perspectives on canon characters, most especially Vader/Anakin. Nice touch weaving Jedi mind control throughout the whole thing - how Luke told the shuttle pilot to let the stormtrooper on and let him save Vader.
Hawki chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
The Empire might have soldiers in limitless supply (or something, forget the exact quote) but that doesn't mean that Palpatine's cannon fodder don't have individual stories to tell. Suffice to say, this story represented that fact quite well.

Anyway, story was short but sweet. I haven't considered it an enigma really in regards to Luke dragging Vader's body through the Death Star, given the panic and possible lack of second glances to ascertain Luke's identity. Still, it's heighlighted well here, along with the interaction. Goes to show that even in one of the most bloody battles of the Rebellion's struggle against the Empire, mercy is still possible.

Anyway, good job.
ImagingThings chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
That's great... and... Yeah... I've been wondering too why no one seemed to notice...
Jaeh chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
aw, I like it. it made sense - its kind of impossible that no one noticed them...

nice.

-Jaeh
Zizak-Tel chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
It's too bad this little gem was tucked away, hard to find. But it was well worth the read. This stormtrooper has come to life in these few words.
Comrade Claus chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
This is pretty good. Maybe a little more could be added. Please? _
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
I liked this POV.
KatrinaJG chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
I found this story to be humorous in that kind of way that causes to you ponder it after your chuckles have died down. I found the lines :"...will try their hardest to evacuate the moon-sized battle station they’re standing in if it’s about to become a moon-sized explosion." and "If you don’t know what it is or what’s going on, shoot it." Isn't that just typical Imperial training, the subtle kind, like in 1984.

Excellent ending, although I must admit the alternate title is much more amusing. I have wondered about that myself, but only after the drama is finished. I can't help but be drawn in every time I watch the movies. I still feel horrible when I watch Vader cut Obi-wan down, even though I must have watched it 200 times... I'll stop rambling now. Fav-ing this! Cheers!
frodogenic chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Amusing. In a poignant sort of way. Especially about the scuff marks. :)
stargazer chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Great story. I'ed say it is a good thing he was inclined to evacute, becuase he's to strong minded to be "perswaded". Also I wander if the pilot realy dosen't know what posessed him to let him on. If so, I think Luke had a hand in that.
zedille chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
ha... very funny. "If you don't know what it is or what's going on, shoot it."

nice ending.