Reviews for Thicker than Water
imperfect-lover chapter 1 . 1/23
OMG. This was the story I never knew I needed until reading it!
Agent ERA chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Very hilarious and charming...You should do a follow up on this one...
Infinitechange chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Pure awesomeness!
Irlandaise chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Interesting take on something I hadn't considered before. And was that a Monkey Island insult-sword-fighting reference?
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
I liked how this avoided being twee; there was no neat solution. There shouldn't be either for two people with family issues without finding out a bomb shell like this.
Zirra Nova chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
First...all of your Atlantis stories that I've read...and I've read most of them...are excellent! I'm just too lazy to review them all. Sorry. XB

Second...this...is...awesome! And, as so many other reviewers have said, this really seems to scream sequel please...and I know I'd love to see a sequel. 83

The reactions are excellent, and the way Sheppard uses Carson's advice is hilarious. XD

Ooh...please say that you are thinking of/working on a sequel. -puppy dog eyes-

You write Sheppard and McKay snark so well. XD
flowerfaerie17 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Dude that was ending made me a little sad. You just gotta do a sequel please don't leave us hanging.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Awesome story! It's really cool! Lots of emotion! I like the problem you chose and you applied the characters nicely to it!
7693847 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Wow, this is excellent.

I have read a couple of fics before that have explored this theme but yours is far and away the best, helped in no small measure by the realistic way in which they discover their relation and how it came to be that they are related but both are completely unaware.

I'd love to read more of these two as brothers, it did feel like there could be more that needs to be worked through. Is a sequel something that you have considered?
The Cat's Whiskers chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Hiya, me again! This is an amazingly well-written story - it has only one thing needed - sequel! How can you leave it hanging...but it's a very refreshing take on the old 'unwittingly related' saw and I think you've nailed Rodney's reaction right - he's grown up believing himself to be essentially unlovable, and worthless as Jeannie's brother - because he and JOhn are friends he would be desperate to ignore the reality of siblingship because his massive inferiority complex means he is convinced he could never live up to the 'brother ideal' he's probably worked up in his imagination after "assuming" that John had the perfect apple-pie childhood. According to the show, John had a brother David Sheppard and McKay's got a sister - how would they react? Sure Carson destroyed the paper, but what about the computer data? What would happen if, either by accident or through someone's else career-climbing attempts it was made public that McKay and Sheppard were half-brothers, someone trying to make political gain or "get ahead" as it were? What would the reaction of their respective parents be - given Mrs McKay's lack of parental skills, not pretty I'd say! And finally there's John - he is hurt no matter how he's stoically hiding it, at what seems to be McKay's flat out rejection of him as being someone 'good enough' to be part of McKay's family, though of course Rodney doesn't mean it like that.
countryldy chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
That was very hilarous! The ending was sad, though. Hopefully you will make a sequel if you haven't already.
Space1Traveler chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
Boy, that was really good. Thanks. Is there a sequel, when things 'reopen'? That would be swell! Thanks again for a great read.
MaggieL80 chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
What a wonderful story. Loved it from beginning to end. An elusive Scot is never a good sign but I must admit I never saw this coming. Loved the change up in POV, and Rodney and John's handling of the big reveal. So true to character. John wanting to the beat the crap out of something or someone and Rodney's inner turnmoil and escape into avoidance. This story screams of sequel. As with Carson's closing thoughts, secrets such as these will often come back to haunt us at the most of inopportune time. Despite John and Rodney's "agreement", this can not that easily be put behind them. There will be consequences.
Yllek chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I love this. Their snark and banter are hilarious, followed by truly raw emotions at the end everything stays recognizable and in character. Fantastic.
angw chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
You had me in stitches with all the bantering. Oh those boys can snark! Poor Carson. LOL.

I like the point when Carson's tests are exposed how Rodney and John deal with the revelation. The "That was the day his father realized the son he was raising wasn't actually his." was a real turning point. I want to hug Rodney.

Are you thinking of continuing this?