Reviews for Thicker than Water
RadioShack84 chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
What an awesome story! All the snark was great and perfectly in-character. :)

"You're right," John grinned devilishly, "I could always be your grandfather."

Rodney's face scrunched up in disgust. "That's almost worse than the thought of your father Kirking my mother."

LOL...'Kirking'...so funny!

Loved this story, and your ending is perfect foreshadowing for a sequel like Dr. Dredd suggested. I'd definitely read it, so I hope you decide to write one! Thanks for sharing :)
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Ooh, I liked this very much. I'm glad you didn't go the route of having them be instantly overjoyed that they were brothers. It's a lot more complicated than that. Interesting that John wanted to be the one to explore the relationship, whereas Rodney seems to want to let it drop. Wanting to hold onto family would fit with John's abandonment issues.

Now, as for the good doctor. My first inclination was, like the boys, to be angry and think that Carson was meddling where he didn't belong. After all, he does indeed have a bad habit of opening Pandora's boxes. But as both the boys' doctor and the CMO of the expedition, he does have some responsibility to investigate issues that could affect their health.

At the end of the story, you hinted that things might come back to bite them all in the rear. That got me thinking about the time when I donated bone marrow two years ago. I was a perfect match for a guy I'd never met. I wonder what John and Rodney (and Carson) would do if a medical situation arose that could only be solved by acknowledging the family connection.
Elisa chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Oh, WOW! That was great story! So glad you decided to answer the challenge, we are all the better for it! Very believable on how Carson found out John and Rodney are brothers and then showing Rodney's past! Again, great story! Thanks for sharing it with us! Hope to see another with John and Rodney as brothers!
Deana chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Excellent story! Great job!

Can you write me a Carson angst h/c story next? Please? LOL ;)
highonstargate chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
That was very good! It's like those one of a kind storys that seems so alive. Like a part of their lives in the series. Hope you make more like this.
captdeb chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Wow, this is wonderful. A very Rodney solution, shove it down and ignore it until it bubbles over. Would love to see a sequel.
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Perfect response to that challenge.
kiku65 chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
"Stupid ATA retrovirus," Rodney muttered to himself. "Knew it was too good to be true. Before you know it my hair is going start standing on end and I'm going to begin hitting on anything above a B-cup."

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL...
corneroffandom chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
...I... demand a sequel! Please?
LinziDay chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Holy cow! That was fantastic. The only thing I didn't like was that it ended! :)

I burst out laughing at this: Rodney quickly grabbed one of his crutches and smacked it against the floor, trapping part of Beckett's lab coat beneath it. "Run, Colonel! I've got him pinned!"

And I loved this line: "Now look what you did," Sheppard tossed to McKay, "you gave Beckett a headache."

Excellent story well written. Great ending with Sheppard's protective insistence that "WE've decided..." despite the fact that he really might like to do something different... but it's what McKay wanted/needed. Loved the whole thing.
25 | « Prev Page 1 2