Reviews for Community Disservice
Ms. Kinnikufan chapter 2 . 8/17/2003
It's a shame that this fic is not animated.
starah chapter 3 . 3/9/2003
*laughs* You write purely Daria material. It's like watching the actual thing! Kudos, kudos, kudos. Perfect. I wish I could watch this thing, but hey. life isn't *that* fair. _
Juno chapter 3 . 10/10/2002
Hilarious as ever, and I really can see Quinn with the fuzzy, wuzzy animals!
CherryCoke chapter 2 . 10/6/2002
That is probably one of the best Daria fanfictions I have ever read! The characters still had their personalities, it was a moving piece, and there was still humor in it. All your work fascinates me, because I never knew it was possible to write so well. Even with other people's characters.
Roger E. Moore chapter 2 . 6/7/2002
The part contains the most amazing Road Trip from Hell I recall reading about. Reminds me a little of "Bless the Beasts and the Children," except this one is funny and good, and it's not required reading in school. Dramatic conflicts are resolved in fortunate and logical ways, with an infectious, cheery air to them. Jane's revenge is also a nice touch at the end. I can only quibble about a misspelling of Jimi Hendrix's name. Sandi alone experiences no growth. Stacy's personal growth reminds me of what happens in "Life in the Past Lane." Excellent character interactions, clever (if startling) solutions to big problems. Lots of fun to read, much enjoyment had. Thank you, Mike!
Roger E. Moore chapter 1 . 6/7/2002
A rare and wonderful treat: a "Daria" story with fresh, snappy dialogue, clever comebacks, and everyone perfectly in character. The usual suspects get roped into doing various sorts of community service around Lawndale, confronting situations they did not expect. We are treated to Daria working with obnoxious gifted children, Jane whitewashing graffiti that she secretly loves, Quinn and Tiffany helping at an animal shelter with too many unwanted animals, and Stacy and Sandi quilting at an old folks' home. Every plot line approaches a crisis point as we steam through part one, with every character undergoing logical and appropriate change through conflict-though none do it happily or painlessly. Excellent.
Jaime chapter 3 . 1/23/2002
It took me quite literally forever to get back here and read the second chapter. Awful of me, I know. But yay! I'm so glad I finally did. :) I just love that they did that for the animals, because.. well, I would have done the same. Only I probably wouldn't have pulled it off as well. And squee! Trent and Link are super friends! :D The chinchilla on his head was just adorable. Hee..
Juuhachi chapter 3 . 11/3/2001
That was sooo long, but totally worth it!
Mystik Slacker chapter 3 . 10/30/2001
I waited entirely too long to get around to reading this story. Excellent work. I think the characterization is spot-on, even the bits that aren't seen in the show (Quinn crusading for animals, Trent mentoring Link) are extensions of known behavior (Quinn's attitude to her petstore job, Trents "parenting" of Jane). Don't worry about comparisons to The Old and The Beautiful; merely sharing a concept has nothing to do with plagiarism.
Ruthless Bunny chapter 3 . 10/19/2001
I like very much how you marry the improbable situation, with the very probable outcomes. I love how you portray Quinn as a caring person, so often she's made out to be shallow and selfish and nothing more. I also like the relationship between Trent and Link. I've always thought that Trent would be a good role model for a kid. Everyone remains very true to their characters, I wish I had that knack. Thanks for the nod. Bunny :-)
EmilyB chapter 3 . 10/19/2001
It was most definitly worth the wait to read this fic. Sorry I reamed you about posting only the first chapter, but the results are worth it. Good dialogue, cool plot, and the characters weren't two-dimensional. Sorry, bad joke. Anyway, I like and good job!
Jeff Cuscutis chapter 3 . 10/18/2001
Cool story. I liked Stacy getting some confidence and Sandi having a breakdown. Link was cool. Jake and the animals was great as well.
Destiny Dingle chapter 2 . 9/29/2001
aww thats so cute. Write more! I want more! I was expecting a puppy to urinate on either quinn or tiffany but its good anyways :)
D. T. Dey chapter 2 . 9/24/2001
Wow. The first interaction between Jodie & The Fashion Club...and the President of the FC at that. I would've thought if they encountered each other they'd make some comment about her outfit and try to give her some "advice," but anyway this is too good of a fic to ignore. I want to see part three, and if you have anymore afterwards, them too.
Rendia chapter 2 . 9/24/2001
I liked this story so far... You're going to write more, right? RIGHT? ::anime eyes:: I like where this is going with the pets, mostly because I'm a softy, but I can't imagine Daria not knowing they didn't euthanize the animals after a certain period of time... Other than that, good show, ol' chap! ... Umm, I mean, good job!