Reviews for It's my First Day
YelloMage chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
The main character was definitely pretty realistic, along with the dialogue. I loved the humor in this, too. I almost wish there was a continuation...
But anyways, this was a great read.
firemeta chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Brilliant:)
R. Seldon chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Excellent story - and very funny, though my sense of humor may be moderately skewed. Loved the "...I'm free! Freedom, sweet and beau... _shit_." line. The first person & present tense were very vivid and immersive, and this was just really well-written in general. Nice work!
The Pirate on Wheels chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
I feel all n00bish now...excellent work on your part. I always found it weired how people get so emotionally involved video games, as if their going to die in real life...except in this one they can...but that's not the point. This was very funny, and you made excellent use of the first person. “I can still appreciate being…y'know, not-dead…” "One swoosh later, somebody screams like a little girl. It takes a second to realize that that wasn’t me this time." Those were my favorite lines. Good luck in the contest.
xXYumikoXx chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
I really enjoyed this chapter, I hope you write more soon, I want to know what happens next! :) People should really write more .hack/GU fanfics...*sigh* theres just not enough on here. I love .hack/GU more than the other .hacks.
piewacket chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Oracle-

What an unusual story, unusual but good. The humor made me laugh out loud a few times. At first the formatting bothered me a bit, but by the end it seemed appropriate for the story. Two of my favorite lines-

/I officially hate rocks./

/This might just be a feeling I have here, but I think that giant sword-chainsaw-thing pressed against his chest might have something to do with the whimpers/

Good job with the challenge.

pie
DevilWearsJeans chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
A very nice idea. And you managed to describe emotions very well.

Good luck with the challenge! ;)

DevilWearsJeans
AC2 chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Man, Oracle, this is... interesting. The first person narrative definitely gets us into the action, and it makes us feel like we are the noobs caught up in the game.

Yeah... not what I'm used to, but this is a good story. I like it. Good luck in the challenge, mate.
Vividus chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Interesting.

Good luck with the Challenge!

-Blackie