Reviews for Shade of the Leaf
Sweety chapter 6 . 12/6/2019
Okay but why is this so freakin good? The fact that I'm not a narusaku shipper and head over heels in love with this fic is doing me crazy. And I wish this never finished. Good job ️
Sweety chapter 1 . 12/6/2019
Holy shxt this is so good! I can totally imagine myself reading this as one of the canon novels.
JintoLin chapter 6 . 11/23/2019
I enjoyed this story a lot and wish it was longer because you done such a great job with the characters and nothing seemed out of place. I loved the loving relationship you built between Naruto and Sakura as well as getting me to like Sasuke as the Team 7 banter was amazingly funny :D
Spirit Seer chapter 6 . 10/28/2019
I've hardly read any NaruSaku fics, but I found myself dragged into this one. As others have commented, Naruto was an older, more mature version of himself without losing his distinctive characterization. They were all so wonderfully characterized for this new scenario, and I loved it. All the emotions and interactions played off each other, and I spent most of my time laughing at the bantering. They were very alive, probably the best thing I could say.

Some rather noticeable typos now and then (like Shikamaru's name being misspelled at one point), but those are just distracting. A bigger thing for me (and this is just my own reaction) is that I felt that the worry about Akatsuki attacking to get Naruto was played up and then nothing happened. I kept expecting an attack in Sand right as Sakura and Naruto finally got together and/or on their way back and Sakura being used against him (or something, but just that they'd attack), but then Naruto and Sakura just return and learn that the council's being replaced and there's no attack. I loved the political battle that went on (because Akatsuki does tend to get used before intra-Konoha politics, so I LOVED that you included the politics, don't get me wrong). It was just built up in my own mind and then I felt like it didn't follow through. Again, this was just my own reaction, but I wanted to share it because that's what I felt.

I also see the future that's being built (the council now likely to vote Naruto into Hokage, Sasuke having his seat, Naruto and Sakura eventually marrying), but like others, I also feel like, in terms of the background, there's a lot of loose ends: Akatsuki, the intra-Konoha politics, the council, Sasuke's clan revival. That leaves me feeling like the story's unfinished, if this is a romance within the adventure. However, if this is adventure within the romance, I can see this story as complete, where the story is just how Naruto and Sakura get together-largely how Sakura realizes that she will give Naruto a chance and then that she IS in love with him-then, yes, this is finished. They've progressed to being together forever, from that question of what they were to being officially in love, and the background is now settled enough that they can be safely together (well, as safely as with Akatsuki still hunting him and the aftermath of the council not having fully settled, but still). In that sense, with the story no longer being their relationship trying to survive the outside forces but rather just how they're finding and establishing their relationship, then yes, this is a full and complete story. I would still love to read more, obviously, because I really enjoyed it. But it IS complete.

Thank you for writing a very lovely story. I wish you the best with your future endeavors~
CoffeeHandShaky chapter 2 . 10/3/2019
This is boring. I'm hoping some mature slice of life instead what I got was a garbage nonsense about D rank mission and an apartment.
CoffeeHandShaky chapter 1 . 10/2/2019
Somehow this sounds so gay
Guest chapter 6 . 7/12/2019
SO GOOD
Wes1382 chapter 6 . 5/23/2019
Great story... Nothing else to say... except, that it was a great story...
SkullVenom chapter 6 . 5/8/2019
i love this story and love to read it over and over
alleemaria chapter 6 . 2/3/2019
Noo why is it oooveeer...

This was amazing. Ah, they're together, this is canon, I can rest in peace. This was funny (never underestimate how much people like a laugh 3), sweet, realistic, endearing, and was everything about NaruSaku. Kudos for sharing :)
alleemaria chapter 4 . 2/3/2019
I totally should have reviewed earluer. I'm sorry I didn't haha

I love all the NaruSaku scenes of course - the sexual tension, the pure friendship, Sakura's adult realizations, Naruto's beautiful eyes...

I've also always hated Sasuke as a general rule but I lile how you wove him into this story, and how you depicted him. Like I really, really like it. It's a great addition to the love story and it makes Team 7 believable in a way Shippuden never did. And it justifies Naruto and Sakura's quest.

Mostly I love your attention to detail. It's excellent how you've managed to include almost every important character from the manga- down to Hinata and Neiji. And I love the political power plays you've included (I'm a sucker for those, you have no idea, and they're done so well here. The Hyuuga family struggle, Shikamaru and Neiji being informants, Tsunade's careful political manoeuvre...)

I can't wait to finish this and go on reading your other stories ;)
Kiria4L chapter 6 . 1/3/2019
Sweet, precious moments Been a while since I got back into this fandom and your fic is like slipping back to a nice, comfy dream. I adore your characterizations and interactions between each character. The clan mechanics and political scenes is quite interesting as well, would like to see Naruto as hokage tho, with your intent of him.. :)
Rue chapter 6 . 12/4/2018
Nice, good gob.
Ashleymeowtese chapter 6 . 12/2/2018
This was my first Narusaku fic and I must say I enjoyed it immensely! It was so cute! Thank you so much
Iris chapter 6 . 9/14/2018
Omg please add some more chapters! PLEASE!