Reviews for Shade of the Leaf
heavydestro chapter 6 . 1/17/2015
Despite not being longer this is definitely the best romance fic iv read
MonaBee chapter 6 . 1/15/2015
Oh my goodness. Please say it isn't over. (silently hopes Hinata marries Neji)
annie chapter 6 . 12/23/2014
this was great - and i mean, really great! thank you for this story and how realistic you made the characters seem :)
Sezony chapter 6 . 12/3/2014
That was just absolute perfection. So in character! I hate it when people put Naruto in ANBU and use it to completely change his personality. I loved Sakura's POV in this and how we got to see her slowly fall in love with Naruto. It was also great that there was more to this story than just the romance. Thanks so much for writing! I really enjoyed it.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/26/2014
I really love their relationship in this!
Hanane EL Mokkadem chapter 6 . 11/20/2014
loved this. Naruto was hot.
John Smith chapter 5 . 11/15/2014
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO AND THEY'VE ONLY KISSED ONCE? YOU'RE KILLING ME. I just wanna skip to the next one without reviewing but I REFUSE to do that. Augh!

The highlight of this chapter was definitely the Sasuke and Hinata interaction, but I also loved Tsunade and Shikamaru at the beginning. I'm really impressed with the way you've portrayed politics here and shown how much the characters have had to mature but they are STILL themselves. That is so impressive and awesome to me. This whole thing includes SUCH good writing it almost hurts. I just adore it!

Great job once again on the buildup. I am really excited to see how things go. Now that Naruto knows Sakura is giving him a chance, he's being pretty risque. xD I was NOT expecting that, but I can totally see it happening ahaha!
John Smith chapter 4 . 11/15/2014
This chapter is killing, frickin KILLING me. You're building it up so much and putting them into the perfect romantic alone situation. BUT THEN NOTHING FRIGGIN HAPPENS. Just kidding, a lot is happening so please ignore that comment, I'm just so intensely invested in this, and you're doing SUCH a good job of getting me hooked. I adore how you threw in the ShikaTema and the interactions between the sand siblings are glorious. You also kept Gaara perfectly in character while showing his close friendship with Naruto. Great job on that! Love it!

And then, of course, you showed us how both of them are moving forward with their relationship but on an internal level. It's so great how you showed that for Naruto it's a matter of finally just DOING it, but for Sakura it's so very complex and full and aaa. It's beautiful. You really did a great job portraying their character types in this. Sakura is especially well done throughout, and this chapter is no exception. The way she realizes that this is all on her, and her feelings for him, and her reservations, and her history, and her fear for their friendship... it's just perfect. And it's not heavyhanded exposition either, you portrayed it smoothly and gently. Great job, seriously. Love this fic so far! ;D
John Smith chapter 3 . 11/15/2014
I just love how you're bringing this forward at this point. You are allowing both Naruto and Sakura to stay in character WHILE taking the romantic interplay somewhat slowly. I find that it's really hard to keep them both 100% in character without making it an "oh, we're in love aren't we" moment. I FIND THAT HARD. But somehow, you've managed it perfectly.

Naruto is not someone to beat around the bush, but he does take things moderately slow with Sakura. Okay, EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW. But here, he's finally letting go of that (with Sasuke's advice) and moving forward. Sakura, on the other hand, has been feeling confused about him for so long that she's completely in stasis about it. She thinks about it so little because she's pushing it to the back of her mind and chastising herself whenever she DOES consider him an option. But she isn't pushing him away, either.

I just love how well you've shown their budding relationship. You are positively MASTERFUL. Oh, and the way he had Lee and Gaara look after her. xD I'm DYING. That is so friggin cute it hurt to read. Oh! And I just LOVE how you skipped over the action of the jounin exams yet managed to get across to us how they went PERFECTLY. Seriously, you are phenomenal at this. :D Great job, and once again I cannot wait to get to the next chapter.

Thanks for writing!
John Smith chapter 2 . 11/14/2014
AH. Sasuke getting possessive over his NaruSaku when Rock Lee tries to butt in? I'm DYING. This chapter was absolutely amazing. I adore how well you're portraying the clan conflicts. It feels so real. You have a great grasp on politics and how serious they are. I ADORE how Naruto is still himself and yet he has to campaign and work in order to achieve hokage. I don't think this sort of concept is explored quite enough. I'm reminded a little of Girl from Whirlpool in which Minato goes through some similar campaigning and such. Very well done, very well thought out.

Sakura's characterization is what's getting me here though. You are just superb at showing how strong, clever, loving, and somewhat clueless she is. She's completely in tune with Naruto and yet doesn't realize how much she loves him. She keeps comfortably drifting away from her feelings for Sasuke, but the idea of Naruto in a towel bothers her, ahahahahaha... girl, you've got it bad. xD And the way she pulled off blowing herself up to warn them-that was BRILLIANT. Great job showing her intelligence and her lack of self-preservation when it comes to her boys. Wonderful job on that!

Finally, that little piece at the end. Uuuuuuggghhhh I'm DYING at how sweet and romantic that is, and how OBLIVIOUS she is. But I'm hoping this will move things forward a little! Ah, thanks for writing, seriously!
John Smith chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
Wowwwwwwee, I just got this fic recommended to me by an anon on tumblr and I am SO GLAD they did it. This is phenomenal so far! I'm really excited by how close you've displayed this friendship. All three of them are EXACTLY as I'd imagine them to be as adults returned to the village. Naruto and Sakura are so incredibly intimate with one another, but it's not quite a romantic relationship simply because they haven't acknowledged it as such. That take on their budding relationship is SO FRIGGIN CUTE.

You have taken them one step up from their canon relationship, which is platonic husband/wife. It's the same here, but you've taken a tiny step to make it non-platonic husband/wife, and I cAN'T FRIGGIN GET ENOUGH OF IT.

Thank you for writing this! Super cute!
wee woo wee woo chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
I can reread this over and over and over and over and over and over and
YokoElric chapter 6 . 11/6/2014
I might be coming a little late to the party (and this account is so old, eez), but this was beautiful. One of my favourite fics. Thank you!
01Trycia-chan01 chapter 6 . 10/31/2014
This is like the only sakunaru I've ever liked! You write those two so well!
leahpeahhh chapter 6 . 10/28/2014
I usually only read sakurasasuke fan fiction. Actually I thought that this was a sasusaku at first lol I just clicked I didn't even read the pairings. Bit ya know if I read it I wouldn't have read, so thank u for breaking my sakunaru cherry. I'll have to read more
723 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »