Reviews for Did You Ever Wonder .....
XellosNoHimitsu chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
heh

* Why Rezo didn't cast a control spell over Lina to make her give up the stone?

it was easier to use zelgadis

Maybe he had sex with his daughter... or hes just so old and back in the line it doesnt matter

Cause the fangirls would drool/faint and not watch the rest of the series

it was a vision putting the people she cared most about in danger?

He didn;t think she could do it?

* Why Xellos burned the papers Zelgadis had stolen from the bandits?

He was ordered to destroy CB copies?

or just to piss zel off...he got the munchies, ahh a nice snack!

He didn't want them to know, or it was classified, or he just wanted to drop the bomb himself so to speak

* Why Naga really left being a princess?

She spazzed after he mom died or she just wanted OUT

* Why Xellos said, 'Now that's the Dragon I love." ?

He didn't...that was dubbercrap for F/X fans

he really said thats the drgon I know...though it could have been sarcasm as in "ah. now thats the dragon we all know and love"

* Why no one seemed to get it through their head PHIBRIZZO killed Gaav?

Phibs dead and rumors spread

She was too pathetic

* Why when Valgaav was turned into a Mazoku he grew a horn on his head?

just an artistic outward sign of his change?

or mebbe gaav wanted him "horney"

* Why they never bring Zelas or Luna truly into the series?

A)theire too sexay for teh screen XD

B) They were too busy &(ing (for all you BMZ/LUNA fans)

C)lazy screenwriters! *bi**slaps

D)they don't really show up in the arcs that were actually animated u_u

Cause the LON didn't want them to

trauma of passing from Sea of Chaos back to normal world?

It wasn't that they weren't allowed...They didn't even try...

It prolly fell and Xel found its sig on the astral plane...

* If Xellos was ever a human before he became a Mazoku?

...NO he says in the manga and in the Novels that he was created by the Beastmaster. he was made from part of Zelas substance

A swirly black cone _

* Why Lina never hurts Zelgadis for teasing her when she usually beats the hell outta anyone else who does? Cause rock hurts to hit...

(This was donated by someone, can’t remember, if they’re reading this please tell me so I may give you credit)

These are from Shura Chan:

* Why did Armace bleed when Valgaav hit him but not when Eralogos Killed him?

Different forms of injury

* Why Valgaav’s goal to kill Lina change in the end of the series to only destroying the world?

He's a combo of Volphied and darkstar they probably influence him, PLUS what they tell him makes sense in his mind...in a way he thinks hes doing better by "cleansing" the world

* Why when Zelgadis was attacked by the lava monsters his hair didn’t melt since it’s wire?

Might have been hisw Blau demon heritage protecting him somehow...or its magic wire. after all rezo didn't need xels hair melting at first fireball

* Why the Mazoku Zorum went after Lina when Rezo ordered him to kill Zelgadis?

Cause he's stupid

* Why the heck they wrote the word ‘Loop’ on the sketch Zel made when he shot Amelia back to the cave? (Slayers Try)

I have no clue...mebbe they looped frames for her flying?

* What or who was the kitten-rabbit meowing at Zel at the spot where Xel had disappeared? And why does it reappear when Martina disappeared under Gourry?

er Xellos has been watching too much tenchi muyo?

Or mebbe its a ninja trick..crouching cabbit hidden person

* Is Martina the kitten, then why can't we see her transforming, why is there no more hint and why did the critter first replace Xel?

Er see above

* If Bless Blade was originally from a shrine and girly-girl snitched it, then why had it suddenly become the "base" or source of the Flagoon’s power? maybe the shrine was to flagoon?

* Why Lina has those two marks on her forhead?

The moles I believe they were just to make her forehead not look huge with her headband off...though they do look deliberate

(Note to this: Some have assumed it’s the mark of L-sama. *Shrugs at the stares of disbelief* Come on! What ELSE could it be? Chicken pox marks?)

* Why they always draw the rocks on Zel's body (not face) differently - that bathing episode, I think it was Episode 6, he was COVERED all over and in 18 (Ms Lulu), he had almost none at all.

Maybe he gets alot then they recede...like acne!

New Rock strength clearasil! or mebbe they shrink in cold water XD

...wishful thinking? fanservice? or mebbe his clothes are magically slimming?
hysteria82 chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
* Why Rezo didn't cast a control spell over Lina to make her give up the stone?

when he made zel, he added a little something extra that would allow him to control him

Porbably screwed around with his daughter...that would explain why zel was weak before teh change

Cause all teh fan girls would be upset

i think it was a possible future, not past.

smae reason why the villains wait around for sailor moon to do her speech

* Why Xellos burned the papers Zelgadis had stolen from the bandits?

Just to p*iss him off most likely.

probably jusy didn;t want anybody to know anything, so he could use teh past to his advantage

* Why Naga really left being a princess?

would you want to stay at the place you say your mother murdered in?

* Why Xellos said, 'Now that's the Dragon I love." ?

the japanese version said "that's the dragon i know." they probably said love just to give teh fans soemthing to talk about

* Why no one seemed to get it through their head PHIBRIZZO killed Gaav?

Rumor most likly. after all, gaav and phibrizzo aren't around to correct it and no one bothers to ask lina and her group

* Why Valgaav never hurt Filia?

he doesn;t feel she's worth teh time

* Why when Valgaav was turned into a Mazoku he grew a horn on his head?

need some extra space to store all teh extra power i guess

* Why they never bring Zelas or Luna truly into the series?

too much trouble to write them in...after all, you'd have to pay people to do their voices and stuff

to make x/l fans happy

who said they weren't allowed to follow? they simple didn't

xellos probably grabed it when gourry dropped it

i don;t think so

a cone i believe

cause hitting a rock would hurt

These are from Shura Chan:

* Why did Armace bleed when Valgaav hit him but not when Eralogos Killed him?

he just wanted to make val feel special

he didn;t knwo about the darkstar plan to begin with

the same reason his body didn;t melt since it's made of stone

* Why the Mazoku Zorum went after Lina when Rezo ordered him to kill Zelgadis?

wouldn;t most guys go after teh pretty young girl instead?

um...maybe the paint fumes were getting to them...

i think it was just there and they just like having rabbits meow in animes

no, i don;t think she has any real powers besides curese

it was used to defeat the bad guy once before, so it was used again. where it was didn;t really matter till battle

* Why Lina has those two marks on her forhead?

their moles. the artist put them there cause 'her forehead looked lonely without her headband on'

maybe they chip off and regrow

i think he hunches down some when he's dressed...
Saki3 chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Heeheehee...that's so funny! Here, I'll try to answer some of your questions.

Rezo didn't cast a control spell over Lina to make her give up the stone because guys only think with half of their brains, whereas women use their whole brains. So, you see, it was a lapse in judgement.

Zelgadis's clothes didn't burn up completely in the lava when attacked by Shabranigdo because the creators of the show got angry at all the Zel fangirls.

They never bring Zelas or Luna truly into the series because that would completely ruin their trademark mysterious-ness and creepiness.

As to why Lina never hurts Zelgadis for teasing her when she usually beats the hell outta anyone else who does, that's because she's getting smarter. She now understands that if she tries to punch him, kick him, etc., she'll end up hurting herself as well. If you watch, she hits him quite often in the first season.

The Mazoku Zorum went after Lina when Rezo ordered him to kill Zelgadis because the Mazoku Zorum was having an affair with Zel and would've been banned to the couch if he'd attacked Zel instead.

As for the question "What or who was the kitten-rabbit meowing at Zel at the spot where Xel had disappeared? And why does it reappear when Martina disappeared under Gourry?", it was just a normal, curious bunny that was constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Juu-Ou chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
Oh! I'm not sure which episode it was, but in the first series during the battle with Kopii Rezo, the blade on the Sword of Light is actually moving off the handle! I think it was a mistake in the animation or such..' But anyhow, that is a really cool list of points!

(Oh, and Lucy is short for Lucifer in my fic.. yes, that is why Xellos named the cat! T'is evil! )
Mika-chan chapter 1 . 11/20/2001
I had a lot of questions like these at first. I visited a page by QP/Diana and lots of the things here were explained. I can't wait till the Slayers Premium movie is out! It should prove interesting... _
Mynuet chapter 1 . 10/18/2001
Some questions I don't know, some have been answered already... But I just gotta chime in! Zel's clothes didn't burn because he shopped at the same stores as the bandits Lina fireballs who come out of it with just a coating of soot. Xellos burned the Clair Bible papers before Zelgadis could read them because he's a poop. Armace didn't bleed after he was killed because bleeding requires there to be a beating heart pumping blood through the veins. Once the heart stops beating, all that would force blood out would be the effects of gravity. Auntie Aqua showed Lina a fiction. Not being L-sama, Aqua could not accurately predict would have/could have happened, or what would happen. She just wanted to scare the piss out of Lina, and including all of her friends helped her with that. And then there's the Zel/rocks thing... Has anyone else noticed he's less and less rocky as time goes by? It's my theory that Rezo's spell is wearing off as time goes by since his death. All Zel needs to do to be cured is wait. And then Lina will start beating on him whenever their paths cross and she feels the need to whup somthing, although by then she'll have married Gourry, so blissful happiness might dimish her homicidal urges.
cassidy dell chapter 1 . 9/22/2001
lol so true...
Fireball4u chapter 1 . 9/20/2001

(this was a way of breaking zelgadis mentally so rezo could control him more easily)

Why Naga really left being a princess?(she witnessed the murder of her mother and saw all the blood that was around her-it was supposed to be the prince(phil)but they got the mother instead and that is also why she faints at the sight of blood!)

-otherwise the rest were good questions!-correct answers submitted as well!
Crystal Dawn chapter 1 . 9/20/2001
* What Rezo did to screw over Zelgadis, I.E. the Grandfather and Great Grandfather thing. How the heck did THIS happen? (*chanting* "Incest is the best, put your kin

to the test!")

* Why Zelgadis clothes didn't burn up completely in the lava when attacked by Shabranigdo? (much like dungarees, they are made of flame retardant material. :P)

* Why in the episode where auntie aqua shows Lina how the battle with Shabranigdo might have ended, why was Amelia with them? Last I heard only three people fought Shabranigdo...(Yet another Alt U?)

* Why Shabranigdo didn't just blast Lina to oblivion when he realized she was calling on the creator of their world to kick his ass? (possibly the same reason James Bond villians decide on using an impossibly slow means of killing Mr. Bond while divulging their entire plot to him and somehow still believing he won't live to stop them?)

* Why Xellos went nuts when Valgaav started explaining the order of how things worked?(because it invalidated his existance. No, really. O_o How would you feel if you found out that the past 1,000 years of your life were meaningless?)

* Why Xellos said, 'Now that's the Dragon I love." ?(Freudian slip, maybe? _ Awww, c'mon, they make pencil boards, trading cards, and action figures of those two together... The least people could do is acknowledge the merchandising)

* Why no one seemed to get it through their head PHIBRIZZO killed Gaav? (everyone knows little skinny red headed girls are always more important than the dark lord of the underworld!)

* Why Valgaav never hurt Filia? (because he was around her a total of about 3 episodes out of the entire series? Did he even remember her name by the end of the show?)

* Why when Valgaav was turned into a Mazoku he grew a horn on his head? (he's ... *singing* , , , ... *wait, that's the Martina song... never mind*)

* Why they never bring Zelas or Luna truly into the series? (well, at least you get Zelas' legs!)

* Why Lina and Gourry don’t remember what happened with the L-sama incident when Gourry went to rescue Lina?(say it with me, children: Romantic Tension! Very good.)

* Why the others (Sylphiel, Amelia, and Zelgadis) weren’t allowed to follow? Perhaps it was a test for Gourry and how much he truly cared and wanted her there. (I always thought so. And in giving up the Sword of Light *his most important possession*, he was saying that he would give up the world to be with her as well. _)

* Who took the Sword of Light from him, why, and if it was Xellos how did HE get in? Wouldn’t L-Sama have stopped him too?(My guess is L-sama, for the reasons stated above. And as for how Xellos got it, who the hell knows? O_o)

* If Xellos was ever a human before he became a Mazoku?(probably not, no)

* What Xellos’ TRUE form is?(a cone. A black cone. Has anyone ever figured that cones are phallic symbols? - In that aspect, perhaps he doesn't consider himself very asexual at all, now, huh?)

* Why Lina never hurts Zelgadis for teasing her when she usually beats the hell outta anyone else who does? (cuz he's made out of granite? I'd figure that might have something to do with it. That, and his hair's kinda pointy, too.)
Ameria chapter 1 . 9/20/2001
* What Rezo did to screw over Zelgadis, I.E. the Grandfather and Great Grandfather thing. How the heck did THIS happen? It didn't. Mistranslation. Grandfather OR great grandfather. (Author eventually decided on "great grandfather.") Isn't it more fun though to give Zelgadiss mental trauma?

The Mazoku are not supposed to question.

* Why Xellos said, 'Now that's the Dragon I love." ?

He didn't. That's only in the dub. He really says: "That's the Filia-san I know."

* Why Valgaav never hurt Filia?

He did. He hurt her severely mentally by forcing her to open the gates.

* If Xellos was ever a human before he became a Mazoku?

The Japanese Slayers fans are 99.99% sure he was not human.

* What Xellos’ TRUE form is?

Mazoku do not truly have form. They are blobs of negative energy. Xelloss tends to take the shape of a cone, though.

Hit a ROCK? Are you nuts? She tried once, though. _ Only Ameria is strong enough to get away with that.

It appears the blade came from the tree and was taken to a shrine. Shilfiell took it away from the shrine.

* Why Lina has those two marks on her forhead?

Absolutely no reason. Seriously. The artist just drew them there for the fun of it. ::shrugs:: Geuss they are evenly spaced moles.

They want to psych out the Zelgadiss fangirls. _

They want to psych out the Zelgadiss fangirls. _

Lol, good questions. Quite fun. _
laura chapter 1 . 9/20/2001
Hold it! Exactly where does Xelloss say "Now that's the Dragon I love"? I don't recall seeing that and I've seen all of TRY...,but seriously, it would be rather OOC for Xelloss to be so blunt, ne?
Xellina chapter 1 . 9/20/2001
LOL!
HanaKirei chapter 1 . 9/20/2001
*decides to try and answer some* v

* Why Xellos said, 'Now that's the Dragon I love." ?

Cuz he luvs his lil dragon maiden! . Hehehe...

Cuz they felt like it! _

* Why is Zelgadis smaller and more petite with his clothes on and bigger when he’s naked?-

Ahhh...the magic of anime! _

*points to L-sama* Blame her. ;

Well...urrr...he probably would have had to have had a child with his daughter..()()

* Why when Valgaav was turned into a Mazoku he grew a horn on his head?

Cuz he's a lil...never mind...;

Maybe...he's sorta like a rock filled lava lamp? ;

He got it fire-proofed after the last fireball incident...;

* Why Naga really left being a princess?

For one thing, she did go kinda nuts...sides, not sure her daddy would approve too much of her fashion sense...()

Because they are very cruel to all us viewers...:(

Sore wa himitsu desu! _

* Why Rezo didn't cast a control spell over Lina to make her give up the stone?

Because he wanted to test the puppet mode on Zel's new body before the warranty ran out...;

Awww, but wouldn't it have been more fun to have Amelia lecturing him about the unjustness of his ways? _

Just cuz he's a dark lord dun make him a smart guy..; Maybe the brains were in another of the six pieces?

Cuz it surprised him an' stuphs..; Yeah...

Maybe it was Xel's diary? ;

Like she can beat the hell outta someone made of stone? ;

That's all from me! _
Sylphiel Ul Copt Doesn't feel like signing in chapter 1 . 9/20/2001
* What Xellos’ TRUE form is?

His true form is a cone... I know it for a fact and I have a picture of him in his true for. Plus when he attacked Valgarv he used a little cone attack.
Unlucky Fungus chapter 1 . 9/20/2001
Yeah, you're right, I too was wondering about those things. And if Zel's hair's wire, why didn't it melt all over his face?

Or... Why in the heck was Valgarv only planning to kill Lina in the beginning and forgto about that and planned to wipe out the entire world instead...

Or... Why did Armess bleed when Val hit through him, but not when El Logos killed him?

Or... Why did Mazoku Zorom go after Lina when Rezo told him to eliminate Zel?

Or... Why the heck they wrote Loop on the sketch Zel made when he shot Amelia back to the cave?

Or... What or who was the kitten-rabbit meowing at Zel at the spot where Xel had disappeared? And why does it reappear when Martina disappeared under Gourry? Is SHE the kitten, then why can't we see her transforming, why is there no more hint and why did the critter first replace Xel?

Or... If Bless Blade was originally from a shrine and girly-girl snitched it, then why had it suddenly become the "base" or source of the Fragoon's power?

Or... Why does Lina have those two horrible spots on her temples? Where they from Zanglus' electroshock-thing?

Or... Why didn't Zel say what he wanted and said, "Show me them all and I'll show you the one"?

Or... Why they always draw the rocks on Zel's body (not face) differently - that bathing ep, I think it was ep 6, he was COVERED all over (horrible...) and in 18 (Ms Lulu), he had almost none at all?

Or... Why is he smaller and more petite with his clothes on and a fat or at least swollen up guy when naked?

Or... What did the guys and Amelia do in one and the same bathroom when those are usually seperated to Boys and Girls.

And so on...