Reviews for Breaking the Silence
AquariumJello chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Whoa.

I never expected something like this. In fact, I was a little bit wary since a part of me was on alert for yaoi, which I was not looking for. However, you may imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a long conversation (and I do love my good conversations) that revealed so much emotion and wondrous stuff. You may have given Tseng another dimension for me just now. And I feel as though I am starting to see past Cloud's angst-y self on Aerith. The way you just described both of the men's emotions there was something that I have never been able to find in fan fiction. It's great.

And to top it all of, you kept the two of them so much in character that I imagined it as a continuation of the story some sort. How wonderful.

I just absolutely love this.
Rain Misoa chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
This... was truly a beautiful and emotional fic. I'm in awe at how wonderfully you portrayed these two characters. You were able to capture them in such a light that no one else could possible even DREAM of doing.

I love how you kept them to their true character and you didn't even change them in the least. That ending... that gorgeous, amazing ending was so emotional for me that I was even in tears. I love how you were able to make that one scene work so well!

I congratulate you on a spectacular fic so beautifully written. This fic even helped me see things a bit more clearly, as well. For that, I thank you. Keep up the fantastic work. We all appreciate it.
N.T. Embe chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Dear... I didn't mean to get caught up in a tale like this at this hour. Yet here I am, reading something so... captivating. Entrancing~ Soft, somber, yet so... Oh, how it caught me up on its words and quietness. What you portrayed here is unimaginable. No one else has ever done such a thing, conjured up such a meeting. Less than that, few-so very, very few-take the time out to explore any minimal amount of potential these two have together. Oh, I hardly mean the aimless pairings that run so rampant on this site. I mean -truth-.

Taking something so inconceivable, and from that~ This. This eloquent and touching, painful and yet so poignant, dramatically espoused and yet gently, gently unfolded scene~ I- I didn't know they could cry like that! I didn't know they could bond like that! I didn't know! I didn't know, I didn't KNOW! And you took them and their hatred and their chaos, all the pure INSANITY of their lives and pasts, their muddled, ever-restless and undoubtedly tumultuous souls and you MADE. IT. WORK!

I can't even BEGIN to tell you how carried away I have become by this story! I can't even FATHOM now how to think! You have set my mind and heart ablaze with the TRUTHS you have evoked in this tale! ...and you have brought them both... so much the clearer to light... than ever they have been before in my heart, and mind.

I don't think I could have ever have seen such an exchange pulled off well... and I was-am, actually-looking through my current play through of FFVII for anything-anything-between Cloud and Tseng... if only to further understand~ There is... so little... in all respects. Yet you~ From fragments, merest slivers of what is there... you made it work, and brought it together, and from what you knew~ You have made... a silent, and probably under-appreciated masterpiece. So if I go out of my way alone of all these to give you this review-lengthy though it might be-I know in my heart of hearts that you deserve it. And I thank you, from that silent, tearful and grateful portion of my soul, for giving me such an insight into those that I so love, and allowing myself and all others who read to share in it. -Smiles and bows- Thank you, Summoner Luna.
Chibi Taryn Demon chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
In such a beautiful piece, it was hard to pick a favorite line, but these two jumped out at me: "Her freedom, her happiness, became secondary. The only thing that mattered was keeping her close...even if it meant she would hate me."

Now that's some good writing. :) I loved the whole thing: the prose, the expansion on canon events, the sense of loss and the eventual coming together of these two very different (but eerily similar) individuals. I'm convinced that you write Tseng like no other.

Also! You have great taste in music! I love Loreena McKennitt and find her music really inspiring for fics...and suitable for fic titles.

Finally, I hope that everything is going well for you otherwise. Good luck with whatever you are dealing with in real life.

best wishes!

ctd
regenerate chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Nonsense. It was lovely, pure and simple.

We all thought we had more time...-That was so good.

Again, I'm drowning in your stories.