Reviews for Officer Material
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 3/30
Still rereading - while I wait for the snow to melt. There's still nearly a foot of the white menace in my front yard. I've always thought this was one of your best short stories. What an insight into why Spock felt he owed Pike, and held him in such high regard. And by the way, I really am an old timer. I read it first in Masiform D. Much more convenient to
Read on the iPhone, but I do miss the illos.
Linvalay chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
loved this as well! Pardon me while i continue to make my way through your stories.
ritratkitkat chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I love this and I am now very curious to read other stories of yours. Exceptional idea, exceptionally written.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Go, Spock, go. Brilliant. Thanks for the read.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
That was superb! We definitely need more Captain Pike stories, thank you.
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
This was a cool story, thanks.
Indygodusk chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Aw, yay for a Spock champion! That was very nicely written and fun to read. I totally empathized with both Pike and Spock during this. Thank you.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I feel that young Spock may have been slightly OOC, but it was a well-written story of his younger days and a pleasant read.
Atlasina7 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
This was excellent. Thank you, I really enjoyed it.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Yay! Loved it loved it loved it! Whoo! What an interesting take on young Spock! Awesome job. Thanks for sharing it. :]
Beatrice Otter chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I enjoyed this story a lot.
carpetinflight chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Very nice - especially after the recent movie, it's fun to think about TOS!Spock as a young cadet, and I think you did a great job showing both his own potential here, and the way that Pike views him.
Rachel Indeed chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
I enjoyed this so much such a lovely description of Spock, his guarded intelligence, courtesy, backbone, and brilliance. It's interesting to see him before he developed enough confidence to be sharp or wry in his conversational tones. He's so serious in his Starfleet youth :) It's endearing.

I really liked Pike's voice in this, too. I've always thought he was a man of integrity, and I really enjoyed his portrayal in the recent movie he came across in your story as he later did on screen: an inspirational, fair-minded, charismatic man who believes in the pursuit of excellence. I love that moment in the movie when he tells Kirk that what Starfleet does is important that focused dedication really came through in this story. I can believe he both recognizes and elicits the best in people.

Great job with everything, especially characterizations and the tenor of your dialogue. Thanks so much!
jmvv chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I really enjoyed this story and the insight into how Spock was treated in the Academy and how Pike took him under his wing and sponsored him for his future in Starfleet. Spock has a lot to learn yet, but now has a teacher who will champiom him to success.

Thanks, jmvv