Reviews for Officer Material
Atlasina7 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
This was excellent. Thank you, I really enjoyed it.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Yay! Loved it loved it loved it! Whoo! What an interesting take on young Spock! Awesome job. Thanks for sharing it. :]
Beatrice Otter chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
I enjoyed this story a lot.
carpetinflight chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Very nice - especially after the recent movie, it's fun to think about TOS!Spock as a young cadet, and I think you did a great job showing both his own potential here, and the way that Pike views him.
Rachel Indeed chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
I enjoyed this so much ~ such a lovely description of Spock, his guarded intelligence, courtesy, backbone, and brilliance. It's interesting to see him before he developed enough confidence to be sharp or wry in his conversational tones. He's so serious in his Starfleet youth :) It's endearing.

I really liked Pike's voice in this, too. I've always thought he was a man of integrity, and I really enjoyed his portrayal in the recent movie ~ he came across in your story as he later did on screen: an inspirational, fair-minded, charismatic man who believes in the pursuit of excellence. I love that moment in the movie when he tells Kirk that what Starfleet does is important ~ that focused dedication really came through in this story. I can believe he both recognizes and elicits the best in people.

Great job with everything, especially characterizations and the tenor of your dialogue. Thanks so much!
jmvv chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I really enjoyed this story and the insight into how Spock was treated in the Academy and how Pike took him under his wing and sponsored him for his future in Starfleet. Spock has a lot to learn yet, but now has a teacher who will champiom him to success.

Thanks, jmvv
Gwen Kathleen chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Great incite, as usual. You really bring these characters to life with all the attention paid to detail and considerable knowledge bestowed upon the reader. I also appreciate all the dignity and respect you faithfully give them.

From someone who takes her fantasy life very seriously, THANK YOU!
Mariole chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
I found this a fascinating glimpse of the Starfleet culture at that time. You've given me new appreciation for Pike as being able to see beyond the prejudices of his time. I'm enjoying these stories very much. Thanks for posting.
evercharmer chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
It is always pleasant to see a bit of interaction between Pike and Spock. Well written.
Ariana Deralte chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
That was, for lack of a better word, adorable. Seeing Spock at such a vulnerable point was great, and you really made me understand Spock's later loyalty to Pike. Cheers!
cobalt-blue chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
This is an aspect of Star Trek history not often explored. You did a very good job of it. I'm really enjoying your stuff.

Danny
n9voc chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Excellent backstory for the Spock we saw in the 1968 series. This also shows a bit of the Spock as seen in pilot that was reworked to "The Menagerie" - a bit less controlled than the Spock of the Kirk Era.

Super story, well told - holds together in the canon.

Again, excellent story that is well told!

'nuff said
Euphoracle chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I highly recommend this fic to anyone who loves Spock. Everything in here seems like canon to me. Fine job.
civilmary chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
I've just started reading on this site and this story is very good. Spock's past, like him, is a mystery but, you have done a great job of piecing it together into a well constructed, well thought out story. You've made sense of it all and left the reader with empathy for the characters. The characterizations are right on. You've nailed both Spock and Pike excellently. I'm going to look up some of your other stories.
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »