Reviews for Officer Material
bina W chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Hello,

I like the story. I also like that u mentioned Spock being bullied and harassed at the academy. I think some teachers woiuld see him being Vulcan as a threat. U wrote a realistic story.

Bina
rhea77 chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
wow, I have read all your pre-Kirk and early-Kirk Spock stories, and they are amazing. The characterization is so well done, I can really feel how hard it must have been for Spock after 11 years under Pike. It makes absolute sense, I love it. Are you going to write any more of those? I know you covered the first Kirk-Spock-meeting in the Roses-Story, but one can always hope. Personally I do wonder how these two unlikely friends got along in the very beginning. And Mitchell ... so many possiblities ;)
Radon65 chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
That was a pretty amazing oneshot. You are one of the best fan fiction writers I have ever encountered. I love your portrayl of Pike and the build-up created with Spock's computer abilities and Commodore Ellingsly's opinion's. Pike's discussion with Spock was wonderful, very well done, and quite enjoyably characterized. I loved this.
CheetahLiv chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
I can totally see this as having happened to Spock early on in his career. Darn Starfleet and their prejudices...thank goodness for Pike! Although I'm not terribly fond of Pike-era fics, this was fantastic. I loved how you wrote his character and had him keep an eye out for Spock. And that bit when Spock was translating the computer code directly was genius-I always wondered how he did it in the series! :) Great job!
Shaharazod chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Prejudice in the 24th century is prejudice just the same. I found myself being infuriated! Thank heavens for Captain Pike! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! For an excellent story!
mirth513 chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Well written, well thought out piece of Star Trek past. Enjoyed that you factored in such things that were off-handly mentioned, such as Spock's being disowned by his clan and the fact that then they tried to strong-arm Starfleet into dismissing him. Love your rendition of Pike and just really enjoyed the story. Thanks
trecebo chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Yes, those Xenophobes who wish to cowtow to the Vulcans... This was pretty dang cool. I always liked the idea of Pike. Better than the image of Archer they forced upon us in the past years. Excellent story.
kangeiko chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I just had a v. long, v. trying day - nothing like being surrounded by exasperating people at work to make you want to drown yourself in a v. small bucket - and then I saw this, and it instantly lifted my spirits. I love young Spock - especially when other people see just how special he is - and I have a secret weakness for Pike!era fic, so this hit all my buttons. Very well done - and thank you for cheering me up!
Firewolfe chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Pat,

As I have said before this is a wonderful peace. It shows why Spock was so loyal to Captain Pike and it showed how far he came as a person. Nicely done. I am so glad you are writing again. I look forward to seeing more of your works.

Lisa
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
This is awesome. I love the glimpse into the Federation's development, into Spock's problems and reactions, and into Pike's command. Keep writing.
40 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3