Reviews for Old Legends Die Hard
Carottal chapter 25 . 9/13
Hi! So it was last year when I read Legends from you. By the end of it, you said it was a bit unfair to compare it with this one, because as it is longer, you had more time for character development and epicness. Obviously, after reading your words, I wanted to try this one and see for myself what I thought about it. But this story is long so I had to have time to read it. Well, as you can guess, now it's done.

And as you think it unfair to compare Legends with this one, let me tell you that I disagree with you and think you're unfair to Legends when stating so. Actually, I preferred Legends. But I'll get to it later and I'm pretty sure I reviewed it when I finished it so you can also go to that review and see what I though.

This story was good, nice, action packed, and it was a pleasure to read it. However, there were some moments when I thought things were underdeveloped (mostly with your side characters) or repetitive (well, it's more like some information was unveiled more than once, and it was frustrating to see that characters that were present and conscious during the scene didn't notice. The princess of destiny and the hero's true names for instance, Shade more or less telling Zelda he was a hero and her not picking up when she was already trying to determine if her guess was right...).

The characters were nice, but I have to confess Shade completely stole the spotlight (ironically enough). To the point that in the end, I wanted an epilogue about him more than one about modern Link and Zelda (don't get me wrong, I was still happy to see what they became after their adventure. I would have been frustrated not to know what Link decided to do once free of his duty. And I'm not such a spoiled brat) In fact, I liked the story a lot more when he arrived. He brought something so interesting... And it was when things became uncertain. In the first part, the way your story goes, characters are never really lost, everything happens according to the plan, the worst that can happen before goddess day is for Zelda to fail university or be grounded by her father. They have doubts about how they'll succeed but they don't dwell on them too much. Even the prospect of dying didn't look so overbearing to them when I read.
Well, on that last matter, I guess I'm biased. As a Matt Mello fan (Death Note), I've read several stories about them spending their last day, and some were completely heartbreaking. (there's that one in which they decide that they'll live the long and happy life they wish they had in one day. An hour equals several years. It's innocent, beautiful, but oh so heartbreaking because they know there may not be a tomorrow but they can't run away from their duty).

Once they get in the sacred realm, things are less in control so I could feel the stakes a lot more. It made all the emotions easier to feel. And Shade was great. And I wonder what that fic was about, because if I look at the title... Then it may have been even more about Shade than about Link!

So yeah, I liked this story but I preferred Legends. I don't know about the epicness, but the tension you created in it (I reread the scene at Ganondorf's ball, when Link has to sign the contract with his blood... The tension there is one I rarely read on this website) was epic, much more adrenaline inducing than this story's epicness, and add to that the way the story moved forward, the themes you breached with it... They grabbed and kept my interest more, I was hooked to your words. To put it simply, this story was nice, I wanted to see how it ended. Legends was very nice, I had to read how it ended.

Anyway, thank you for this story and I wish you luck in you life if you're not around any longer on this site :)
Dunkachunk chapter 1 . 7/9
1. What happened to the master sword

2. Is it safe to assume that they both still have awesome powers

P.s. At the end I think it would be cool if link puts the master sword back in the temple of time right in front of the priest
nocthart chapter 25 . 8/14/2015
Gosh I really loved this story! Thank you so much for sticking with it. I'm literally drowning in my feels right now. It was an emotional roller coaster but I'm glad everything fell into place in the end :) I feel like this could be it's own game! Keep up the good work :3
BlaineWeatherbee chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
Now this isn't as much a review for the chapter as it is a review of the story in general. This is an incredible piece of writing and I believe I've read it about 4 times and fallen in love with it every time. This story inspired me to write my own LoZ FanFic for my creative writing class this year. Keep up the good work!

-Blaine Weatherbee
Axel'sChakrams8 chapter 25 . 3/27/2014
Amazing! Still one of the best stories I've ever read xD

Time does nothing to change how much I love it. It's been years, and suddenly last week I felt the desire to come back to this story. It deserves to be printed, seriously :D

Well, anyway, thanks for making my life. I will enjoy trying to put Shade's battle techniques to use against some friends of mine that love swordplay! See ya!
Axel'sChakrams8 chapter 3 . 3/23/2014
I'm back for more! Best story ever xD
Komo Pineconeseed chapter 3 . 3/19/2014
Loving the story so far. They way you describe the Twilight Realm makes me think more of Purgatory from Bayonetta, which was surprising, since I was expecting it to be more like the Dark World from A Link to the Past.
Sunny chapter 25 . 1/6/2014
This was a truly wonderful piece of work, and I hope this review fully reflects my appreciation for how much thought you've put into this. Link and Zelda are portrayed quite well; I especially liked how Zelda, the Triforce of wisdom, "fails" at school but eventually finds her time to shine. The sages were also done brilliantly, though I had hoped a little more interaction with Saria and Nabooru, but no harm done. I would just like to emphasize that Shade was BEAUTIFULLY done. It's (arguably) common knowledge that the Hero of Time suffered much more (and went though more emotionally complex trials) than the other Links in Zelda games, and Shade's character reflected that perfectly. I cried inside when I read the scene with Shade's memories. He was my absolute favorite character in your story; the amount of detail with him was amazing. The only thing that could be added is a scene when Shade goes back to his Zelda, but really, this story is strikingly close to perfection. Great work!
Finisher7119 chapter 25 . 12/9/2013
Are you going to write a second story? One that revolves around Majora's mask? You've certainly got a very good start. Maybe, instead of MM, you could use Skyward Sword, or the newest game? Link between the worlds? Or what ever it's called?
Total Romance Fan chapter 25 . 12/9/2013
Awwwww! What a lovely ending, you should make another one! Your stories are amazing! Hope to read more! Good luck!
Total Romance Fan chapter 15 . 12/8/2013
Omg! This is horrible! I hope that this will be a nightmare and not the real thing! :(
Total Romance Fan chapter 14 . 12/8/2013
Oh, I really hope tat Link will be alright so he can be with Zelda again!
Finisher7119 chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Very well written. I enjoied it very much.
Y1'148 chapter 25 . 8/19/2013
Damn! You were so good at writing this fic 8D. I liked it a lot!,* tnx for entertaining me :3*
Diwieo chapter 9 . 7/5/2013
Hey fin guess what. What? We found a demenchion up for sale. Where? It's in sector 14363748,365363636.5736363626262626273839352157384 67273783.12242626463064857290060.