Reviews for One Moment of Greatness
finalfantasy876 chapter 40 . 9/12/2014
okay so I came back to reread your story a little over a year later, and it's still one of the best takeson FFXII that I have ever read. I know it's been a few years since you've written a story here but I hope you don't give up this talent, you're very creative and it would be a waste to not pursue what was gifted to you. good luck in your ventures and I will keep watch to see if I ever seen of the story from you. let's hope so! Good luck & thanx again for a great story! :)
Paul Barden chapter 40 . 5/25/2014
Wow! This is probably the best game novelization I've ever read! I have a tendency to hate a lot of fanfic writers because they don't know how to use things like grammar, correct sentence structure and they don't seem to know what adjectives are. You are a fantastic writer! This is my favorite game so I really appreciate being able to "read" it. Five stars!
Doctor-River chapter 11 . 11/24/2013
I am loving how you've written this so far. I just love how you've added all of these extra parts to give characters more depth and to add your own little plot elements into the story. This chapter in particular, so far, really has impressed me. You've given all of the Judges their own personalities and back-stories which is what unfortunately lacked in the game and I also love the hint of Gabranth and Drace having a relationship. I definitely believe there was some sort of relationship that the game just missed out on including.
Pirate King Ray chapter 11 . 2/21/2013
very good story. However, Basch's mother was Arcadian.
finalfantasy876 chapter 40 . 2/18/2013
Thoroughly enjoyed your take on FFXII. Hope you will eventually return to share more of your creativity. :)
OMNISENSE95 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Uh, pardon me, but I beleive you have the Dawn and Midlight Shards mixed up.
varr chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
this was perfect. leaving magic to the absolute minimum was an inspired touch. it made everything more believable. i think the changes you made served to make it a near perfect story, allowing you to resolve conflicts in a much more logical manner (vayne's death at lamonts hands was poetic). please write more words.
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 40 . 7/5/2011
Thank you for writing such an epic tale. I look forward to any other novelisation (hopefully more final fantasy) that you may write in the future!
Lemonsnaps chapter 40 . 7/4/2011
A little short for my tastes, but I'm glad (and also a little sad) that this epic tale has come to an end. I did like the last paragraph though. Very much so. You should keep that if you are ever going to write a second draft. I also loved how you had a closing for balthier and Ashe xD I hope to see you write something Final Fantasy xii again, for this was a very enjoyable story :)
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 24 . 6/30/2011
I cringed at the nick name Monty when he first appeared as I am so used to Larsa or Lamont. But I love the spin you put into his character, and he is by far my most favourite character in this story!
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 21 . 6/30/2011
My favourite chapter yet! Just started this a few days ago and now I just can't put this down! I love the wrote the story in your pace and given all the characters a deeper character then they usually do. It makes me feel like I'm watching a movie with all this images spinning my head.

Very well done! I wish I couldn review every chapter but it's just too interesting to stop reading!
clow-san chapter 40 . 5/5/2011
I don't have enough words to express how epic this is. I love the your overall pace, the characterizations that are spot on and of course the imagery. It feels like I am experiencing the whole game again and then some.

I love the you have added so much more meat and development to the characters but not so much that they will appear out of character. You made them so much more alive. I love the relationship between Basch and Noah. So much tension there that I just want to hug them both.

Fantastic chemistry and dynamics between Ashe and Balthier. You have developed their relationship so gradually and realistically. There is nothing rushed in it, so wonderfully written.

I really didn't mind the changes you have made but I kinda miss Balthier's gun and the magical aspect of the game but all in all it is nothing compared to the genius of this story.

Can you write more of the epilogue? hahaha. It is kinda vague for me, or that's just me wanting more Balthier/Ashe interactions. Great job.
KiaCoral chapter 40 . 5/2/2011
a great story overall, although i do admit that some of your 'tweaks' were a bit...interesting, it made a very unique variation to the FFXII story. i enjoyed reading this, and found myself laughing and smirking more than once at the character's new 'roles' and 'personas'. truly a nice job.
summerdream chapter 39 . 5/1/2011
Oh! This chapter was everything I wanted it to be! But it's so sad! I hope there is going to be a happy ending for Ashe & Balthier in the end.
Lemonsnaps chapter 38 . 4/6/2011
Wow... another great chapter :)