Reviews for For the Good of the Service
bexxe chapter 1 . 10/18
Great back story for Spock and Pike. It's easy to feel sad for Spock but we also know how well it turns out for him...and how poorly for Pike. I appreciate how Number One mentions Pike's good luck knowing how it will soon run out. All in all, very well done. Tkank you!
Very good.
scwusa chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Just read this story again.. Its a rainy night in Georgia perfect for curling up with great fiction and great fiction it is.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Poor Spock. Everything he relied on, pulled out from under him. Not really fair, is it?
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
I really enjoyed this so in character tie-in thank you.
Glae chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Great story!

I've been reading all your stories. They so good!
n9voc chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Very engaging, well written study into the character of Spock, and what He went through to remain when he could have moved on. Follows nicely with the character as I understand him. Well Done! Recommended Read.

'nuff said
bina W chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Hello. I really liked this story. It also shows what I think is a realistic Spock, younger. Would u please write a story where Spock has his first command under Kirk? It does not have to be too many pages if u are busy.

AAmuse chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Ecellent characterization. A story of high quality both in writing and in plot. The moment of the change of command intrigued me, too, for some time, though I must confess I never really liked Pike, probably because what we saw of him in The Cage was no more than an image of a man. Here you give him a measure of humanity which would correspond with a real person in his position. Thank you very much for the story!
CheetahLiv chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Excellent job! This was amazing, as it was mostly canon and explained Spock's more emotional behavior under Chris Pike's command. I love how you wove everything together to explain Spock's sudden shift in behavior and his aloofness to Kirk early in the first season of TOS. Thanks so much for sharing this, and again, great job!
mirth513 chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
ooh, a sorta continuation! Enjoyed this story just as thoroughly as the last one. I like Bryce bringing Pikes attention to the repercussions of his actions by keeping his most able senior staff on Enterprise. Really hope that your next post will deal with Spock's intial reactions/responses to his new Captain. Thanks for the excellent entertainment, it is appreciated.
Billie chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Excellent story! You captured the young Spock so beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
trecebo chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I could see Pike's POV at first, but then, Boyce made his crystal clear, and boy howdy, was Pike in error! Yikes. I wish the canon holders of ST could hold down a single story line of thought as well as you do.