Reviews for Insider Trading
Another Guest chapter 1 . 1/10
Hey, I don't know if you read reviews to sever years old stories, but Ijust wanted to say that you're an awesome person! As nice as fluff is, it's also great to read authors like you who treat topics with complete seriousness. It's not just a story oozing with excited fan-ness, but treats the plot with a degree of maturity. And your knowledge and research of the topics in this story is truly worthy of great admiration. It add a great degree of believability and realistic-ness and your characters hold a weight to them (Iinstead of light, fluffy Mary Sues we sometimes see. I can't help but wonder how old you were when you wrote this, because I refuse to believe anything under early, maybe mid-twenties. If so, you are a genius writer. If not, you still are! XD
If there are any criticisms to be made, I think some of the time skips in your story are a bit abrupt, especially when they begin to set up their loaning business. We see the planning of things, but it skips to when they've already begun. Maybe some quick summaries about how, for example, customers started to trickle in? If you even still have this problem, that is... Well, you're a great writer, hats off to you, you give a story a world outside the original without going completely AU. You give it it's own life or body, I suppose is what I'm trying to say. Best of wishes for your new fics!
Greysh chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
a very nice romance :) I liked the art information too.
It was interesting to see how different Japanese justice system and prison was. you wrote it well :)
drama, humor and romance :)
two very powerful man.
The Logical Ghost chapter 6 . 10/9/2012
I owe you a massive thank-you.

Four years ago I was still living with my parents, who had banned fanfiction as a "waste of time." However, I had just gotten my hands on my father's old cellphone, which, while useless for phone calls, could be used with wifi, and so I huddled under the covers at night flicking through on the tiny screen.

YuGiOh was my first fandom, and this was the YuGiOh fanfic I read and re-read the most.

Now independent and watching the latest episode of YGO Abridged, I remembered your fic and had an aching desire to read it again, as well as give you the heartfelt review I had never had the patience to type out on those cellphone keys. Of course, the cellphone is long gone, and I had a minor panic attack when I realized I had forgotten the name. (Half an hour of googling until I remembered how I had found it in the first place, setting the "word count" to "60000".)

So now, four years later, I can say thank you for such a wonderful story. Thank you for giving me exactly what I wanted to see out of this pair: two strong people who understand sacrifice and survival, working seamlessly off each others' strengths, slipping under respective shields only after trust is earned, and never compromising who they are. Thank you for angst, drama, and love.
4EverReading18 chapter 2 . 1/13/2012
Just wanted to let you know that this is one of my favorite Fanfiction stories. There is so much detail and it is put together so well I absolutely love it. I must have read this all the way through at least five times and I have never read a story with more depth.

Please never remove this story because I know I will keep reading it. Thank you and great job :D
dancing elf chapter 6 . 6/27/2011
very nice work had to read to the end liked it very much
silvers-edge chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
I think you almost gave me a heart attack with Joey almost cutting off his finger there. Love this story so far.
OnePlotThickens chapter 6 . 8/9/2010
I'm commenting on the last chapter because until now I've been too lazy to get an account. I really enjoyed your story, but there are two things you really want to watch out for, that I've noticed. one is misspelling of Japanese words. For example you refer a lot to a drink called saki, what I understand by reading into context is that you really meant the Japanese rice wine Sake, which is pronounced, sa-keh, and is commonly mispronounced in America. Another thing along the same lines is spelling a word two different ways in two different chapters, or areas of a single chapter. I believe in chapter 1 you spelled the word wakagashira as wakagishira, and corrected it the next time and kept it consistent afterword. The second thing to watch out for is two words without spaces between them. It's really something to watch out for in editing. It didn't effect the overall meaning of the story it just interrupted the pace a little.
ai-08 chapter 6 . 4/7/2010
this was very interesting to read, and a great take on these two. also, i like that it wasn't just cut and dry "i'm always seme you're always uke" that stuff gets old haha

also, learning about the prison systems was very cool :)

i enjoyed this a lot~
DeviantLucidity chapter 6 . 3/14/2010
I think this story is already on my favorites list, but I just wanted you to know that I love your work and style. I've read this story at least 10 times as well as To Serve and Protect. I don't have anything constructive to say; i just wanted to express my appreciation.

Kitty Caesar chapter 6 . 6/21/2009
Aw, it's done. I really liked this more than I thought I would! :D I'm not really fond of prison fics, but I like your other stuff (as you can tell) and decided to read it anyway. AWESOME choice on my part! The shift from prison to their normal lives was interesting since I didn't expect for that much of it to be focused around Jou being a painter. Nice and welcome surprise.

As always, keep up the wonderful work!
Kitty Caesar chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Let's see here, let's see. First of all, great as always. (This was on my list to read before you suggested it. :D) But the emotions between Jou and Kaiba are feeling a little rushed... then again considering the circumstances and the time between everything I'm starting to think that the emotions make sense and feel "real." Kudoos.

I always get a kick out of your writing. It's always well explained and wonderfully detailed. Also, I have to say that the beginning was a real heart wrencher for me. Just to imagine Kaiba in a court room getting sentenced to 2 years in prison really made me want to cry. I didn't, but I was close. He's just too pretty (and awesome and powerful) for jail, dangit! lol But once I got past the beginning it was great! A lot of sections just made me laugh so hard! Great! :D

Once I finish the story I'll leave another review, but until then... *reads*
Silver Cateyes chapter 6 . 5/25/2009
...I blame you. Totally and utterly blame you. I was content in my fandoms, happy with the stories I've read, and then I noticed this story. So of course I had to read it- and now I'm totally hooked on this new fandom, had to go find and watch the entire thing online, and am scouring the net for more stories. And I'm blaming it all on you and your totally wonderful writing and story telling-skills. :grumbles and stomps off to go work on a "Why Joey should also go to Hogwarts in the YGO/HP crossovers" essay:

On a more constructive critisim note: now that I've read a lot of your work, I'm noticing a certain similarity in the characters you write. This isn't to say that you don't write three-dimensional, realistic characters; you do. But they all share a certain... 'go-get-'em'ness. They decide what they want, or who they like, or what needs to be done, and they do it, or go after it/them. No questions asked or hesitations registered. This is a wonderful trait to have, but people aren't necessarily like that. They hesitate, have second thoughts, don't immediatly talk out an issue with someone, etc. I think adding in a little more in the way of internal views, of the doubts or hesitating thoughts that your characters might be having, would help to add further layers of interest to your already wonderful stories. That's my thoughts on the subject, anyway- take it as you see fit, since it is your work and not mine.

Anyway, Ill see you later!

Silver Cateyes
Shinigami-chan chapter 6 . 4/2/2009
i loved this story! you seem to know alot about the various penal systems and you seem to put it in your stories a lot. i loved the price they paid and to serve and protect and it features heavily in all three of them. i also love the length on them. this one was shorter chapter wise, but the length of the chapters is nice and long.

anyway, i loved it and i so have you on alert!

Iceheart chapter 6 . 1/11/2009
...WOW..i don't know why you only got 37 reviews..that story was a masterpiece O_O this is going to be the 1st long story im gunna read more than once (and ive read hundreds of thousands of fanfictions and books, THATS how good it is) keep up the good work, im SO reading anything you write!_
Reviewer Who Begs For Updates chapter 6 . 7/3/2008
I just love your Joey, especially the way you look at him as something other than a duelist. Your Seto is exceptional as well, he is a more well rounded character than I usually see him written as. You show a nice degree of awareness of his position, and I love his loyalty. *sigh* The only negaitive I see at all is the tightness of your stories. There's no room for prequels, and you usually tie it up too tighly for a sequel to really seem likely. Leave it to you to make such a positive thing, writing so well that there aren't holes to fill in, something I sigh over! Oh well. I look forward to reading more stories from you. May your plot bunnies breed rapidly, but not so quickly they smother eachother!
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »