Reviews for The Mistletoe Promise
eckles chapter 2 . 2/28/2008
This is an intriguing start to what is presenting itself as being a very entertaining story. To recap-

* all of the usual 'evilly' suspects have alibi's in one for or another during the time of Ron's disappearence.

*He departed his room only in his 'Mission' Clothes leaving all other belongings behind, including the watch and Rufus.

*He has made no contact whatso ever with his family or friends in that time.

*And the united resources of Team Impossible, Global Justice and Wade Load have been unable to locate any evidence of him out-and-about in the World.

If Ron was kidnapped, why hasn't there been any ransom note, or atleast gloating from the one who had done the 'snatch'? All evidence actually points it's fingers to Ron's disappearence as an intentional and deliberate thing on his part, but if so then why did he not leave behind any reassuring words that he is 'going away for a while and that he'll be okay'.

My thoughts are is he was kidnapped, but instead he kidnapped himself. My theory is that Zorpox emerged from the recesses of Ron's psyche and took what he thought he needed from Ron's room. Leaving behind his watch (because he knew it was a tracker) and Rufus because he knew the Mole Rat would only try to hinder or sabotage his future schemes. But this is just a theory and it doesn't change at all my enjoyment of this story thus far. Can't wait to see how Eric uses any of the personal information he vies from KP to forward the schemes of both Dr D and Shego.

Good stuff.

Wayne
Drakonis Aurous chapter 2 . 2/27/2008
Whoa! Wait a minute! Eric's here? But he doesn't look or act the synthodrone we all know. He seems kind of nice in the way of helping Kim to talk about what's going with her when Ron's gone missing. But maybe that's what he wants us to believe. Hm

Excellent! Still no hints on where he's at (all the villains have alibis) but he's not where I thought he would be. And Sensei doesn't know either. Whoever's got Ron is hiding him very well if someone got him...Very intriguing mystery.

Very eagerly awaiting more...and wondering what you meant by "Mistletoe Promise"...

- Drakonis Aurous
Ran Hakubi chapter 2 . 2/27/2008
So far, so good. I am a little worried about Ron though. I mean, Kim has exhausted all options as to where Ron could be. Except Bueno Nacho Headquarters. And really, why would he even be there?

Keep on writing in the free world.
CajunBear73 chapter 2 . 2/27/2008
Kim's spiraling now. No contacts she has knows anything about his disappearance.

Her visit to Yamanouchi left her even more distraught and at a loss.

But the 'timely' introduction of Eric, his offer to talk and familiar scenes taking place in the periphery of her life kind of give a timeline to watch...

So now she's going to talk to Eric about her sitch with Ron's disappearance? Dun, dun, dun...

CB73
General Quin chapter 2 . 2/27/2008
Great story you have going on here!

It is interesting that Ron would just disappear so randomly. Could it be that Ron has feelings for Kim and he can't face them. I don't know where this is heading, but it sounds really great.

Update soon!

General Quin.
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 2 . 2/26/2008
lxk,

Uh, oh...Eric? Why do I have the feeling this is a set-up for another 'So the Drama' rewrite? Since some scientific devices can apparently block Sensei's search methods, it smells like another Drakken plot more and more...

I hope it's more than this. However, if it *is* such a re-write, I look forward to how you wrap up this story.

Your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
Drakonis Aurous chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Whoa, this is a great start to a great mystery and story. First we see Kim's frustrations because Ron's gone missing. Luckily Monique's there to sort the matter out. Wade and her family got her back as well.

The flashback does shed some light on why Kim is reacting the the way she is at th beginning (lashing out at Tara of all people) and Ron's mysterious disappearence.

Hmm he gets the chip extracted and within two days, he's gone and without a struggle...Coincidence?

You've definitely got my attention. Greatly anticipating the next chapter...

BTW how does Mistletoe tie into all of this?

- Drakonis Aurous
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
lxk,

This is a good start to the story. I am suspecting Ron's journey taking him to Yamanouchi.

I do wonder about the title. The only mention of Christmas was in teh 'back-story' behind having Ron chipped. Where does the mistletoe or a promise come into play?

Unless...oh, no! Don't *tell* me it will take you until next Christmas to put another chapter out there! I am a patient man (for the most part), but that patience does have its limits.

I look forward to your next chapter of this tale and/or 'Commencement'.

Your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Intriguing story you've got here.

Ron's gone missing and Kim's really having a very bad time of it not knowing why he's gone. I think that talk about his chip may have been heavily involved in the disappearance.

Now Kim is a powder keg of emotions with her BFF/sidekick's disappearance. Wonder if she realizes all the emotions inside about him just yet.

Just before StD, huh? This will be an interesting take on that passage of time with Kim, her missions, Ron (when he turns up), and you know who...

And the mistletoe? Can't wait to see how you tie that in.

CB73
Ran Hakubi chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Mysterious beginning. I likes it. Now I'm really curious as to where this one leads. Great start to what I'm sure is going to be another great story from ya.

Keep on writing in the free world.