Reviews for desert sands, ocean sands
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
I have to say that this fic is the fic that got me hooked on fanfiction, and inspired me to try on my own. I loved this story! So, I figured I would review, even though you wrote this forever ago. I really like the way you write it, especially the tense (whatever tense it is, I don't remember what it's called). The whole story is awesome.

I did notice a few small puncuation errors, though, after I read it like the fifth time through. :) In the first Allan section, you're missing a "was" when he's talking about Djaq. And at the very end, I think you meant "flicker" instead of "flicked". No big deal, I loved this story anyway.
wild-springflower chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
well, i like it! i hate what happens in the stupid show, but i really like this! im not sure cause i haven't watched Robin Hood for a while and i mostly just watch the first season so i kinda remember what happens in the third season, but im pretty sure i like this better! although not a lot happened, no offense, they had to make the show exciting, right? (sigh) anywho, this was very good! :)
Jammeke chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
This might just be the most beautiful story I've ever read.

I'm serious.

Your writing style is wonderful, your characterization is close to if not perfect, and... and... and... this story just made me want to cry.

I'm really sorry BBC did, in fact, go down this road... at least with Guy. But that does not make this story any less wonderful.

Thank you for sharing this.

Jammeke
88Mary88 chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
I know it sounds cheesy but I just have to say it 'This is such a fine piece of art'! It's really perfect! It's simple but nevertheless amazingly deep and meaningfull!

I know it sounds cruel and maybe unrealistic but I wished Robin would be more like this in season three, because you show without many words just how he suffers and what she really meant to him!
indescribablyBee chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
This is perfect.
Antilochus chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Oh, I really got chills reading this. Wonderful use of organization, characterization, and terseness. The first few sentences sucked me in.
bethellie chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
That, was insanely awesome. Fantastic story. Robin's words to little baby Marian were beautiful and heart breaking at the same time.
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Oh this was brilliantly done! I'm so late coming to this fandom, but I've definitely enjoyed it so far (despite them turning the one happy couple in medieval legends into a tragedy blah lol) Your fics have all been beautifully written and very insightful- this one especially!
readeradv chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Interesting...

So who does want to be Robin's target? Guy?

In the scene where Robin finally picks up his bow, Oceana isn't there, but Djaq, Will, and Saffiyah are there... Where is Oceana?

I like the mirroring of the paragraphs between Guy and Robin...

I don't think she's dead either. She died in season one, too, but she was not dead...
lyin chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
ooh, this is an excellent piece- i'd like to think robin would recover a little faster than he does here (or, at least, i expect as much what w/ a series 3 approaching), but you're able to bring out what marian really means to him. terrific ending, love the woods/sand imagery in all the excellent will/djaq scenes, eve staying with much is a wonderful touch, and i don't think anything can top the excellent 'allan-becoming-known-as-friar-tuck' idea b/c ten-year-olds can't grasp sarcasm. wonderful work :D
Windracer Leopard chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
I just watched the season finale (like two hours ago) and I hate the BBC. i don't want to believe she's dead either. Anyway, this was well written and poetic and beautiful, but frank and realistic. To sum it up, it was awesome. Loved it.
greenfly chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
I NEARLY cried. Very well done old chum, very well done!
Casey chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!I knew if anyone could pull off the aftermath of Marian's death it would be you!I'm crying as I type this because it was so beautiful, so believable and so incredible that im having a hard time being coherent!Robin Hood angst at last! YAY!None of the other fics i've read about this subject have done it so well(though there are a handful of decnt ones floating around cyberspace)Hopefully you'll be writing more soon, once the bbc get around to resurrecting her! Beautiful story, i loved it(as if you couldnt guess!)
MAR17ian chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
part of me doesn't like u much cause i am sitting in my living room with tears streaming down my face, u wrote that so well and so beautifully. The other part of me bows down at ur feet cause u wrote that so well and so beautifully. It was extremly real and the emotions that came across were intense. i was doing so well, i haven't cried over marians death in ages, its like i diet i was on that u jsut broke so gr ;)

u r an immense writer don't ever stop!
hoodie622 chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
WOW -

The grief is palpable!

I refuse to believe that she is dead as well.

Your writing is lovely, though, of course, I wish that the BBC had never inspired you to write this fic in the first place. Let's hope is is AU come next October.

You are only 16! Amazing.