Reviews for Nothing like the Sun
lynna.4 chapter 7 . 3/2/2010
A very good idea to allow us to see other characters, and more preciously these ones. Their vision of events and characters are different from the adults one. And they're funny and really credible.

I've read your first version a lot of times but this one is really delightful. The development of your characters and the plot is a real pleasure to read. I feel like I'm reading a new story and I'm waiting with great eagerness for the next chapter. Thanks for not letting it down !
lostmyangel chapter 6 . 2/7/2010
this is a very well-written story. i enjoyed it. you should write more.
skinnydipping chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Oh, I wasn't too keen on Hagrid being Head of House either... He's not the acedemic-responsible type is he? And didn't MM disagree with AD when he appointed RH as a teacher? Or am I fandoning it? lol
skinnydipping chapter 6 . 10/16/2009
FRANK! You have to continue this! It is very enjoyable and very believable.

Things I loved: The bit of Lawrence, the way Snape stood in the shadows on his first talk with MM (and she said "come in the light"), MM's crush on AD, MM and RL's interaction (although I don't reckon they were THAT close as shown on ch5).

Things I don't like so much: MM being addressed by her first name by RL (idn, sounds odd), the explanation about how AD was dying (I know this is preDH, but still), and MM being a legilimens (wouldn't AD have MM teach HP if she was one? Even if she wasn't that great).

I love your stories and I'm very fond of this plot! Please, please, continue this story! Let legal stuff rot in some very undignified place!

Kudos from Brazil!
Jaely chapter 6 . 9/28/2009
Please continue this story. I find it very interesting, and would like to read more.
gigi9315 chapter 6 . 7/19/2009
This is a wonderful story! Please update it!
Kristine Thorne chapter 6 . 2/27/2009
I love this story. It really is truly brilliant writing. Can't wait for more. Smile!
ScullySayer chapter 6 . 11/18/2008
This is absolutely wonderful so far! I read and thoroughly enjoyed Minerva McGonagall and the Half Blood Prince, and I'm finding the added level of detail in this fic makes it even better. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens. I know real life is probably keeping you busy, but I'd love to see this updated soon. Thanks a bunch!
slyhuff chapter 6 . 10/19/2008
well i have read the other one and liking the extended version, it has far more detail, i bet the ending is better in this one
LinZE chapter 6 . 10/18/2008
Stunning!

I'm think this is possibly the most interesting period in the saga and the way you're portraying it is fascinating.

I hope you get the chance to update soon

xLx
Mo II chapter 6 . 9/23/2008
Hi sounds interesting. I'm exited how it goes on, please go writing, you've got talent.

Sorry about the englisch, it's not my mothertounge
Silverthreads chapter 6 . 9/5/2008
Oh, good chapter, too short! Nice tensions.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 9/4/2008
I don't blame McGonagall for putting Hagrid in charge of Gryffindor-he will tell her the truth, even if she doesn't like it, and doesn't have the habit of forgetting important potions and trying to eat the students. Remus already has a long history of covering up for his friends, whether back in the Marauder days, or during his last stint in DADA.

Very good scene between her and Snape, too. I suspect that even being somewhat torn by a dragon was probably an improvement over being Headmaster with the Carrows in tow. He's already hated by everyone, of course.
Tomkiv chapter 6 . 9/1/2008
Thanks for the new chapter:) I have published the prolugue and "Bereaved" already. Tomorrow will send you the russian variant, OK?
Chemistress chapter 6 . 8/28/2008
Just like with Lupin and Moody before you are able to bring Hagrid alive by a short conversation - wonderful! What a picture of him you create in my mind: such a dear, humble, honest, caring person...

And Snape: his wounds sound just terrible - but he doesn't want to make them an issue...too proud to show any weakness, especially in front of Minerva?

Minerva's reluctance to see the portrait of Albus wake up anytime soon still sounds not quite right to me - but I understand the reasons you gave me in your PM perfectly...so I do accept it here and now :-)
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »