Reviews for The Life and Death Of Rio Hikari
YukiGirl21 chapter 8 . 4/12/2013
So far, I still kinda sorta don't get the story. I'm confused...but good description talents.
WolfGirlLovesSatoshiHikari chapter 13 . 9/3/2012
I love this story back many years ago I started reading and I love this story so much that I went on a rampage to find more great fanfics like this, I keep coming back to this story I read it though about three times now and it makes me cry every time.
Not going to push but I hope that one day I see a complete on here, even though I don't want to see it, because knowing what's going to happen to Rio in end is just saddening as it is. And because of this story I really like how you portray her, I've gain respect for a character that was only mentioned through out the D. story line.
So thank you for starting a love of reading fanfics and continuos burning passion of dnangel and Hikari clan fangirl.

Sorry for rambling "
Mools chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Ahaha, checking in is my pleasure :D I'm glad if it helped any~

Sorry it took me so long to review. I've been super busy with school and stuff, but at the end of each day I read a section of the chapter (not to criticize the length or anything, of course. I actually really like it when chapters are really long I think I've mentioned this before? Besides, it makes me happy to get a huge amount to read after a long time :D)

This chapter was a really good one to pick up with. I liked the whole story of it with Rio's choosing a husband, and I liked how Sayuri is willing to put aside her evil tendencies for the moment to make sure the family goes on. That's a vibe I've always (somehow) gotten from the Hikari family; that continuing the line is important.

I'll miss Ken, like I'll miss every other character that has been killed off. However, since he's gone I feel like it really emphasizes the theme of isolation that surrounds both Rio and Sayuri, since now they're all each other has in that huge house, and even then for Sayuri, it's pretty much just a matter of time.

Great chapter, and it was worth the wait But one other thing...

"I didn't like 'Satoru' as a whole. I would like a variant of that name better, something like—Satoshi."

Could I not help but smile?
sostrangechild chapter 13 . 4/7/2010
Wow, it's been a while, but it's definitely been worth the wait. I really do love this story - it's different to anything else out there in the terms of D. writings. Please don't abandon it!
Safire Lupe chapter 13 . 4/6/2010
FINALLY! I've been waiting for an update, like, forever.

Nicely done chapter. Can't wait for more. Seriously.

Hmm... this Satoru guy... I can't shake the feeling that he could be Satoshi's biological father... there's just SOMETHING in him, especially on Rio's part of viewing him. Or maybe she'd end up with this other guy and just use Satoru's name as an inspiration or some sort of crap like that. How nasty is my thoughts in an attempt for a teaser?

Anyway, hope you'd update soon. keep up the good work. I'm dying to know more!

S.L.
Ai Star chapter 13 . 4/6/2010
YAY! an update! welcome back! - I hope Rio finds someone before miss evil gets worse then she already is, keep up the good work! update soon! W
Thyemiricklantern chapter 13 . 4/5/2010
Labeling their ages wold help some, but I rather like where this story is going, it's beautifully, realistically staged, good job my friend

~The Lantern
simply.asha chapter 12 . 9/13/2009
love this ! plz update !
Ai Star chapter 12 . 5/15/2009
man! that was sad! the story is really good, keep up the good work! update soon! -
sostrangechild chapter 12 . 12/20/2008
Gah! Not long enough!

Still, it was a very good chapter...can't wait for more.
Mools chapter 12 . 12/20/2008
The end of the first passage with Ken telling Rio she needed to get pregnant (despite her being 12 at the time, I believe?) had me on the edge of my seat. Although I was a little sad that you didn't expand upon it more in this chapter, but I understand you needed to do an in depth chapter about how they are dealing with the loss of Souta. Now with this cliffhanger I'm excited to see what happens (As always xD) and I hope there will be more plot in the next chapter. _ (Still curious about the pill Sayuri put in Rio's water though...xD)

This was a really good chapter, I loved your description and the mood you set, especially with the strong wind. But be sure to write 'a Hikari' rather than 'an Hikari' although I only found one case of that.

All in all, great chapter, and of course, I can't wait to read the next one. X3
Sheepsama13 chapter 12 . 12/20/2008
Glad you updated! I like the details a lot. Please continue with more! W I look forward to it.
Mools chapter 11 . 9/5/2008
Woohoo! New chapter! _

Aw, I miss Souta! TTnTT You killed him off really well though. I'm kind of upset we didn't get to see more of Souta when he had Krad, but it's not that big of a deal. Anyway, you did a good job.

I really wonder how Rio's going to keep going on now, even though it's 2 years after Souta died. Lots of questions are going on in my head right now as to what is going to fill up Rio's future, so keep going strong with this story! I'm loving every word _

By the way, was there something in that water Sayuri gave Rio? I don't know, to me it just seemed like there might have been... xD

Also, why did Ken and Sayuri lie about the ambulance? Just some things I was wondering.
Berlioz II chapter 11 . 9/5/2008
As I expected the massacre had a big impact. So now Souta is dead and Krad is gone I guess. I wonder how that actually works in relation to Dark. Can Dark come out without Krad being there, or does the vice versa principle have any relation. Particularly as concurrent to Rio is Emiko who of course couldn't host Dark since she's a female, so I wonder what's Krad's deal in all of it in how things really work out.

Hmm, it's a bit of a convoluted thing I guess since the generation of today is Satoshi and Daisuke, the generation before that was Emiko and Rio (in which Dark doesn't appear) and before that Daiki (Daisuke's grandfather during which Dark appears) and according to Daiki an unnamed "female Hikari". Did Krad appear there? And here with you with Souta Krad did come, but obviously without Dark because Emiko is the only child.

Anyway, nice chapter as usual, and certainly one with some big happenings. I also liked your differentiation between the grieving of Sayuri and Ken (one hopeless and one hopeful).

Also when you recounted the Hikari misfortunes, I was funnily reminded of the local von Nottbeck family who were the aristocrats of 19th century Tampere with connections up to the Russian Tsar. Following the death in 1885 of Ernst von Nottbeck from stabbing, it wasn't long until both the main heads of the family died quite broken down, after which the sons Peter died in 1899, Alexander in 1900 and Wilhelm, who moved away soon after, in the 1920s in a car accident. Just kind of reminded me of the Hikari misfortunes as quite similar.

Until next time.

- Jani
Sheepsama13 chapter 11 . 9/3/2008
Wow, I've really been looking forward to more of this. Great job on Souta's death, although I was almost crying as I read this.