Reviews for Golden Lights Go Dark Tonight
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 6/7
I know this story is old but it is also GENIUS and I figured if no one has reminded you of that lately, you should know. ). Seriously though, spectacular job- I caught onto where this was heading and immediately started grinning because I can't get over how clever it all is. So cool.
Thriving Willow chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
I could gush. And gush. Anddd gush, but really. I loved this so much. I also just so happened to be listening to My Body is a Cage, too.
psquare chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
This KILLED me.

There's so much I want to say, and I won't, because lingering might reduce the horrible, spectacular impact this piece had on me.

Still: what a take on the show's mythos! "Dark" doesn't even begin to cover it.

The way you write, the words you choose... amazing.

Take care, and Keep writing!
MadCapMunchkin chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Sam is Azazel? OMG!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Okay, I'm now officially confused. First it's Sam, and then it's Azazel? I'm discombobulated. Great job though. Catch ya on the flip side.
kirallie chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Great he's created a timeloop. He's the one who killed his mum and never realised it. Poor Sam.
corneroffandom chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
... I literally squealed at the end of that. holy crap. That was... oh. ow. Lol. *applauds*
tink chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Wow. This was absolutely fantastic. The ending just hits you in the gut. I was sitting there going "Oh my God" from this point: "Right then, he knows what he can do to save Dean." on. It all clicks, everything that has been said, what he's doing, it all clicks after that. It's mind blowing. How did you think of this plot? It's amazing. Thank you for writing it.

-tink
SomeoneElsesDream chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
There aren't enough words in any language for how amazing this is! It's so perfect and sharp and wow. I'm so glad you came back and decided to write this...I really don't have the words.
TraSan chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Wow - what an incredibly well written piece. And exactly what at heart, we all fear for the boys. Both of them - lost forever.

Great job. Though...I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of reading right before bed! I'm already sensing wonky dreams. :D

Thanks for writing.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
I read this story on a recommendation - I've been trying to read some of your work for a while as I've seen a lot of praise for you - and I've got to say this is probably one of the most ingenius stories I've ever read in this fandom!

Sam's disintegration both physically and morally (some might say) as he becomes focussed on saving Dean and nothing else were really quite distubing but so incredibly plausible from the character we know and love. We saw a little bit of this in Jake - how a good man can turn bad to protect the ones he loves (his mother and sister) - and I think this would be multiplied exponentially in Sam's case because of the strong bond he has with Dean - basically he's all he has left in the world.

As soon as his eyes turned yellow and he realised he could time travel, I kind of figured what he was going to do but really couldn't quite believe he would go as far as killing Mary, but it all really made sense in that this was the ultimate way he could see to save Dean. What really surprised me was when Ruby called him Azazel - really quite shocking but entirely possible. Your characterisation of Ruby was particularly good by the way - she totally sounded in my head as I read her dialogue the way she does on screen.

Absolutely fabulous! Thanks for a cracking read!
Duffster21 chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
huh

interesting

i like it
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
I'm not usually attracted to stories involving character deaths, but yours came highly recommended. Can't say that I enjoyed all the scenes of hell, but I loved the ending. So, the whole Supernatural Winchester saga is just a mobius loop. Who would have guessed it? Thank you for an interesting read.
carocali chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Um, Wow! I have SO missed your writing! No one does one-shots like you do. There is so much thought and determination in your stories it just blows me away! This is truly incredible!

And no, no one has done anything like this!

I can't even think where to begin. I truly believe that Sam will stop at nothing to continue to try and save Dean, and I think you're right that Dean will probably die. Ruby seems to be counting on this as well - using Dean to get Sam to be who he's meant to be (in their eyes). She has faith in him that he CAN turn askew to the dark side and do what she needs - I just don't think she realizes how far he'll go to save his brother.

The change in Sam is frightening and amazing. His self-taught control over his sleeping powers is overwhelming and the trip to Hell was gruesome!

The loop around to Sam finding that moment in time where this could all change was simply brilliant. It all makes sense why Mary would say 'it's you' as she watched the blood drip into her son's mouth. The connection there is absolutely fantastic!

You never disappoint, my dear! I hope this inspires you to continue to write great things!

:D

Caroline
Shade chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
That was amazing and twisted! LOvE!

Later