Reviews for Harry Potter & The Fifth Element
dumbledore is a tool, a dick, he just likes fucking with harry,
i dont think dumbassdoor is a dark lord no matter how is is wrote about, hes a dick.
Hankton chapter 3 . 9/11
I don't think the Penney was a mistake. dumbledore made a portkeys that worked in Hogwarts to the platform. crouch layered one to little hangleton on top of the original using its access through hogwarts wards.

A good explanation is he couldn't create it if he removed the original portkey.
anonymous472 chapter 46 . 8/16
I think you should call this Harry Potter - the boy who can't get laid.
Honestly, I think you have really cool ideas and also an excellent control over english but I think you just take some things too far. First one is of course the Harry - Hermione arc in which all though they love each other and want to be together, and on top, everyone around them thinks they're together or should be, they just can't BE. Initially, it was suspensful but at chapter 44 it is tooo much. Another thing is Harry's powers. I like an over - powered Harry but not so much that the oppositon feels insignificant. The enemy - hero balance is delicate but when not maintained accounts for a bıring story. Anyway, this is just how I feel.
I know, this review looks harsh and I am not going to continue this story any longer, I've enjoyed the ride. Thank you for all your wonderful ideas
Charlesdalby chapter 88 . 7/3
Thanks gor your wonderful novel !
Kieran chapter 14 . 6/12
Really annoyed that it wasn't finished. All that for a cliffhanger..
Bar Sira chapter 1 . 5/5
Dear bexis:

"H struggles for magical control over a mysterious, powerful fifth element": I would recommend writing out Harry's full name here. Saying "H" in connection with "fifth element" irresistibly suggests some cosmic battle between hydrogen and boron – as I think I may have already suggested under another name.

"The most sane member of the American opposition" – "the crazies have only gotten crazier": While I of course entirely concur with this assessment of the U.S. Democratic Party, I'm a little surprised that Madame Maxime does. One doesn't think, somehow, of continental Europe in the mid-'90s as a hotbed of Gingrich sympathizers. Not exactly a criticism, just a remark.

"Liechtenstein, Saudi Arabia, mainland China, South Africa, or, less likely of late, Switzerland": Not the Cayman Islands? I thought they were pretty notorious for that sort of thing, too. Or do goblins not like Caribbean weather?

"Later, they were heavily involved in the creation of the British merchant marine…": Half a moment. According to R. J. Cornewall-Jones, in 1340 – 145 years before the end of the Wars of the Roses – the British mercantile marine was not only already in existence, but supplied the vast majority of ships for the Battle of Sluys. Are you and Lupin using some alternative sense of this phrase to which I am not privy? (And, while I'm on the subject: by "the ensuing struggle over Protestantism in England", I take it, you specifically mean the Roundhead-Cavalier fracas, rather than the entirety of that Protestant Reformation in England and Ireland upon which William Cobbett was so eloquent? Since one could hardly describe the latter as "ensuing" from the colonial trade that arose more or less simultaneously with it – or, indeed, from any event that significantly postdated the Tudor accession. It was, after all, only the second Tudor monarch who provided "your English religion" with "the only firm rock it is built on", n'est-ce pas?)

General: An intriguing and well-constructed alternative picture of the Department of Mysteries aftermath. There are a few details – Sirius's wand core, notably – that strike me as a little gratuitously romanticized, but, in general, it would seem that this story deserves its four-digit Favorites count as much as any story that has one, and more than some (*cough* "Methods of Rationality" *cough*).

Sincerely,
Bar Sira
Alderin chapter 6 . 3/31
Alright, I'm stopping there. Not that your writing is bad, or that you lack interesting ideas. Just that each time you use those to make Harry more and more like a demigod in a matter of a summer, learning hundreds of speels in just a few weeks ? Learning in his sleep without any effort ? (Come on what is Hogward for now ?) Mastering occlumency so quickly ? There is already no challenge at that point. Too bad cause I really liked many of your ideas, you just push them too far every time...
aalens chapter 6 . 11/4/2020
I love your story but I’m beginning to dislike your Harry. First of all was the incident where he nearly threw Hedwig’s cage through the window, and then, even worse, he practiced spells on the kneazle. The reprimands from Mrs Figg were a bit weak since they did not even mention cruelty, and the one from Bill was worse, it should have been far far stronger, and brought Harry to account for animal cruelty.
It’ is great that Harry is vehemently not racist, however anyone cruel as he has proved himself to be should be serving serious time in jail.
I read that you were writing this for your daughter, so I’m surprised that you wrote your Harry that way, both from the implied lesson that animal cruelty is acceptable, and that it makes me think ill of your daughter that she, apparently, accepted it.
aalens chapter 1 . 11/3/2020
A fan-fiction author who has the storytelling gift and also writes in standard English.
I loved the ‘reign of error’ description of Fudge’s rule.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 29 . 10/4/2020
OK, last comment before I abandon this pile of...

I vaguely wonder just who is the Demigod that downed that plane?

ONE spell cast, from the ground, at 747 airliner flying at about 8000ft.(that's what its altitude would be, for where you had the crash occur, flying out of Heathrow.)
ONE spell, that cuts both engines on one wing off.

Then this same caster CATCHES both of the (7-ton) engines, and directs them to impact precision spots on the ground, 4 miles apart.

Any wizard that is capable of such GINORMOUS feats of power could just stroll in to the Ministry and seat himself upon a Throne, no-one could resist him.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 28 . 10/4/2020
WTF?
WHY would a large fire in London, be preventing the use of apparition 60 miles away?

this is contrived bull!
marvinkitfox1 chapter 23 . 10/4/2020
"you cannot get lost"

words said by Lao King (king? WTF? when did he change his name? Is this Lao Kung's brother?)
when he MEANT to say "you must not get lost" as a safety warning.

"you must not get lost" is the **exact opposite** of "you cannot get lost"

Can we get the original teacher back please, his brother, this Lao King person, is an idiot.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 22 . 10/4/2020
At least Harry gets his girlfriend...

The one that is a bit nervous about his fame, but accepts him.
The one that is willing to risk her career to help Harry.

Not the one that told him he was an evil slaver, just because he stands to inherit from a non-relative who's distant ancestor was a slaver.
Not the one that told him to his face that she cannot be with someone with his fame and money.
Not the one that went into a screaming hissy-fit at her father because he was enamored of Harry's wealth.

I think Harry is the winner here, even though his heart may think otherwise
marvinkitfox1 chapter 19 . 10/4/2020
If I was Harry...

And Dumbledore was to my face telling me that I had no right to know about my unborn sibling, no right to know even IF much less WHERE my parents are buried...

AVADA KEDAVRA right up the old meddler's sinus!
1,023 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »