Reviews for What's In A Name?
Koean chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
If you check the pretender Season 1: Episode 8; Not even a mouse episode you will find a hit to Miss Parkers first name on an ornament that Miss Parker held up (To Catherene from A. Parker)I know I miss spelled her name!
edised chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
you see the first leeter of her name on a tree ordament
Sara chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Lovely story, and a nice concept.

The show's creator stated in an interview that Miss Parker's given name was Monica (I believe this is also stated at IMDb). Kind of boring for such a character. I guess the reason it was never used was to establish two hings: a heirarchy, and perhaps a sense of ownership.
Squint-1121 chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
Beautifully written. Thats all I really have to say. You hit it spot on. Great job. :)
Katescats chapter 1 . 2/29/2008

Just read your story it was good.
maestra chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
I liked it, I never had thought of her name being something that simple, but it definitely fits in with the mood of your story.

I look forward to reading more of your work.
AJeff chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Beautifully written. "Hope"...I like that. Waiting for more "Pretender" stories.
Nancy chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
This was a very enjoyable read; the name conveys the thinking of MP's mother: Hope. The essence of the name is endearing and enduring. Thanks for sharing!
anamcharalove chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
I really liked this story, especially because it answers why Miss Parker's name is never used. Great job! It certainly makes sense as to why Mr. Parker didn't want Jarod to know her name, afraid the meaning would put him in the frame of reference to have hope. Of course it didn't work, but thats what happened. The jerk. What kind of father wouldn't let his kid be called by her given name? Rhetorical question:)
disagd1 chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
I like that idea. I think that was what disappointed me the most over the show ending. We never did find out her name. Even her mother never used it in the flashbacks.