Reviews for Voyagers!: The Origins of Phineas Bogg
BKN6006 chapter 3 . 10/1/2010
Bodyguard? Oh the plot thickens!

The sound of that meal was great, too.

Very well researched and believable!
BKN6006 chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
Great capture of what is easy to see happening. You can almost imagine Jeffrey standing in the shadows and rolling his eyes!
BKN6006 chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Great start! I like it. Can't wait to read the rest of it! I think you've created a very plausible origin here!
Margaret chapter 10 . 11/7/2009
OMG! I love this chapter! It always makes me feel better when everything comes out and everyone knows the truth! The suspense was killin' me! lol.

The end of the chapter was the bestest! How you had it merge into the pilot episode of Voyagers! Pure genius!

You have GOT to publish yur stories Ginger! Especially the "Voyagers!" ones! ;)

Gonna read some more now...
Margaret chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
WOW...That was an AMAZIN' story! I absolutely, positively loved it! It gives a great glimpse into what Phineas' life might have been like before we got to "meet" him as our dashing Voyager! :)

I loved this line: “My son, many men have fallen and will fall by following the biddings of their treacherous hearts. Do not kill for the sake of the sport or unjust gain; neither kill for unbridled revenge, because that belongs unto the Lord. I have taught you what is noble and just. I endeavored to train your heart to follow an honorable path…” -Beautiful!

I really liked it how you made Phineas a MAN of honor even back when he was a boy and maybe a bit more..for a lack of a better word, hormonal. lol, even with all those trials.

I'm lovin' it G! Now I'm gonna go read some of yur other stories!

P.S. I have a lil' bro named Jeremiah! :D
VoyagersFan chapter 9 . 6/8/2008
OMG, they both got a Dear Jon, i mean Dear John letter? This takes the Slagroomtaart for sure. I can't believe this... Dida is gonna get the girl, c'mon now...it ain't right! Ok, finally he got what he deserved. Yay! I love the tie-ins to both your previous story and the original series pilot. Great work and another great piece of work!
VoyagersFan chapter 8 . 6/8/2008
I really don't like this Dida character. He's well over-due for a rude awakening and I hope he gets it "in buckets!" It was sad about Jock, he had one last chance to make it right, before he went to the great beyond. At least he was able to make his peace with Bogg before he died. Another excellent fight scene.
VoyagersFan chapter 7 . 6/8/2008
I was about to say, what about that book? There just has to be something scandalous in that book. Bogg's warmth and compassion toward AnneMarie is compelling. What else could be a better token of their love for each other than Sonora's locket. A beautiful and breathtaking chapter.
VoyagersFan chapter 6 . 6/8/2008
Dida is a doofus! So he just thinks that he can just force her to love him, unconditionally? "He did not need such drama in his life.", For Bogg, this is not drama, it's Peyton Place on steroids. Another well-written tear-jerker for sure.
VoyagersFan chapter 5 . 6/8/2008
Bogg being attacked by marionettes...another subtle hint...huh? I love these practical jokes...they're killing me! ROFLOL!

Bogg on a hog! What a sight! What a touching scene! AnneMarie out of desperation, stating her undying love for Bogg as prays for him to stay and take her away from it all. And in the midst, Bogg sitting in the tree outside her window, pledging his support and love for her in return. Oh my can we say "A 1/2 box of Kleenex moment". What a beautiful ending to another great chapter. This scene alone was absolutely terrific.
VoyagersFan chapter 4 . 6/8/2008
Hilga...hm... is she any kin to Nurse Helga? Shared funnel cake...can we say, caught, like a fly in ointment? Love the Anne Marie/Phineas argument, quite touching and vivid. "you are so cheap...you won't even spend the time of day.", Hilarious! and another bit of JEH humor. I truly love the interaction between AnneMarie and Bogg. Another great chapter.
VoyagersFan chapter 3 . 6/8/2008
AnneMarie has a foot-fetish? LOL! I just knew it would just be a matter of time before she would finally see beyond the rough, callus exterior of Bogg. Now we find out about the past history of Jeremiah and Schaffer. Hello! What a subplot! Sneaky...aren't you?
VoyagersFan chapter 2 . 6/8/2008
"Don't take any more than ye can carry... that includes the wenches and beauties...", This line had me laughing my socks off. Crow is going to the "Feathered Hen" for a meal and some grog. ROFLOL! Oh my, another fight scene reminiscent of TVC. I could just see Bogg casually licking the rum off his fingers after that fight. Great oratory by Bogg explaining why he had to become a pirate. "Too much cheese..." ROFLOL! This was the most hilarious chapter I think I have ever read in your writings... GREAT JOB!
VoyagersFan chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
OMG, the family Bogg, all dead except for Phineas... Couldn't you have warned us before you pulled the rug from underneath us? LOL! You definitely nailed the pirate dialogue. The phrase about the 'nether regions of a wench", caught me by surprise, but is true to form for a pirate. Great chapter and full of suspense.
spencerthekat chapter 10 . 3/11/2008
Mrs. Bogg - No matter how many times I read this story, each time it gets better and better! There just aren't the words to describe just how AWESOME the ending is for this story! I can't wait to see what lies ahead in the next story.

p.s. Hey...that's me :)! I told ya you could do it the justice it deserved, even during the times we joked it was the story that never ended...lol...This one is definately a GREEN LIGHT! ::giggles:: BRAVO!