Reviews for Choices to Live and Die By
sylia91 chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
Wow, thank goodness someone else agrees with me. I've been very frustrated with how Sam has been acting this season.I also felt it was insulting to Dean the way he insinuated that Dean can kill in cold blood and Dean never took sides against his family with any outsider especially a demon. Dean was always about saving people ever since the beginning. I'm glad you acknowledged all this. Great fic!
cozmikfaerie chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
"feelings of inadequacy"! What a perfect line! I think you touched on some of the things that have gone on with Sam this season very nicely, and I loved the way you have portrayed Ruby...hello, Demon? I don't know if we should trust her or exorcise her. I really don't think she would off herself. I love the voice you have given to Bobby, he is such a good character!
Merisha chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
That was brilliant ... Bobby was so spot on! and the last line here nearly made me choke on my coffee! LOL ;0)

I absolutely loved this fic!

Kind regards

Merisha ;0)
JennK528 chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
Nice tag. And, GO BOBBY! I'm glad he could knock a bit of sense into their heads regarding Ruby.
heraldtaliar chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
There is no reason for you to be unhappy with this post because it is fantastic! The part where Dean talked about how Sam "becoming like Dean" by becoming so cold and unfeeling was heartbreaking, and as with all of your stories, an insight I hadn't considered before. Well done and I look forward to your next story-plus I'm looking forward to the conclusion of "John Just Has that Effect on People". *hint*
Cbloom chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
I absolutely loved this chapter! I think you nailed Dean's confusion and fear (if that's the right word) at the change in Sam's behaviour! The line about being my little brother again was brilliant! As was how easily they slipped back into the bantering that we all know and love!

I've been a little concerned about Sam in S3 but every so often we see shades of the 'old' Sam coming through so I don't worry to much! He's still in there!
tracys dream chapter 3 . 3/16/2008
That was good. Thoroughly enjoyable.
KatieLB chapter 3 . 3/15/2008
Another great chapter and i love love love how you had dean turn that line around onto sam... fabulous idea! Is it April 24th yet? Till next time
I'mcalledZorro chapter 3 . 3/15/2008
Great story. I enjoyed reading it, so thanks for sharing it with us!
Fantasygirl721 chapter 3 . 3/15/2008
It was really good! There was nothing to worry about. Honestly, you conveyed the Sam/Dean brotherly interaction just right.

I'm glad that there's been some resolution to the whole Sam is changing thing...great job.

But seriously, do you really hate Ruby that much?

Kat

P.S. The inadequacy line at the end was pure brillance!
alwaysateen chapter 3 . 3/15/2008
Good ending.

I'm so happy Bobby convinced the boys to talk, to really talk, to each other.

His theory is interesting... I never trully trusted Ruby and the idea that she organized this whole attack just to prove a point could be very scary...

And I'm sure Lilith would have survived the spell she had in mind, she's too powerful.
artsavage chapter 3 . 3/15/2008
Good ol' Bobby - the voice of reason. He said a lot of the things I've been yelling at the TV!
Meggin Lane chapter 3 . 3/15/2008
Hi deangirl1,

I know what you mean by Sam's behavior. It doesn't track with the personality he had in the first two seasons. So the chat you let him have on the bed with recouping Dean did help me also in filling in the logic for his personality change. And I like the reasonings you gave him too, probably better than the writers if they are serious about turning him into a cold blooded killer.

Also loved the last line you gave Dean about not wanting Bobby and Sam 'to live the rest of their lives with feelings of inadequacy' and then giving us that image of the blanket trailing behind him. Perfect!
Scullspeare chapter 3 . 3/15/2008
Hey, get back in here. *Lifts hands to show they're empty* See, no rotten fruit anywhere in sight. I come bearing nothing but praise.

Dean is what I refer to as a toasted marshmallow guy - crusty on the outside, soft on the inside. I think you really captured that here. No matter how much he tries to portray himself as a hardass, he's always going to be ripped apart by some of decisions he's called on to make as a hunter. The look on his face at the end of Jus in Bello showed just how devastated he was; I can only hope Kripke and Co. pick up that thread and run with it as well as you did here.

And Sam's lack of protest to Ruby's plan was so 'off,' I love the fact you tackled it. "Ruby has driven a wedge between the two of you and made you doubt yourselves." There's so much at play right now, how could they NOT doubt themselves. Great scene as the boys hash out those doubts.

Great job throughout with the boys' relationship; you kept it very true even when strained. And I loved Bobby, always the voice of reason, banging their heads together but ultimately leaving them to sort it out themselves.

Great fic. I thoroughly enjoyed it - start to finish.

Sculls
writerchick03 chapter 2 . 3/12/2008
Really great chapter! You really kept the guys true to character!
115 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »