Reviews for Forward
voodoobuddha chapter 27 . 6/26/2013
DR. MCNINJA REF! WOOT!
Guest chapter 55 . 6/25/2013
Zev Nai? Is that a Dragon Age reference I see? Seriously awesome. And I thought I couldn't respect and absolutely adore you more after the Dresden line!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
NEED MORE.
QChronoD chapter 78 . 6/20/2013
I'm so happy I found this fic. Its among the best that I've read in any fandom. Looking forward to reading more.
NPC200 chapter 78 . 6/19/2013
Although I appreciate your superior writing skill, I will forever hate your abilities to make a cliffhanger. Make the next chapter FASTER!
J.H.K. Fairmoans chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
Loving the story so far...hopefully I'll have time to finish. Great job!
moviemistress494 chapter 78 . 6/6/2013
I adore this story. Just thought I'd let you know. Also, can't wait for the next chapter!
KaraHalliwell09 chapter 18 . 6/5/2013
I really love this story, you write really engaging action sequences, and everything is just perfect. Amazing.
Ambaryerno chapter 78 . 6/3/2013
Having just finished an archive binge of this story over the last two weeks, I've got to say there's one negative point: Waiting for the next chapter now that I've caught up with everyone else!

I've read a bit of FanFic for various universes before, and even some official Expanded Universe material (Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.) and the very BEST stories are the ones where you can really see the characters in the situations the story places them in, and more importantly HEAR the characters saying the dialog they're given. This is why I usually hate FanFic. Most writers just don't get it. They want to play in a universe without really understanding it, or put characters in situations they find amusing even if it doesn't fit the established personalities (good GOD the romance fics...)

Forward is one of the shining few that knocks it out of the park. I means seriously, someone get Joss Whedon on the line and get this thing canonized. Characterization is spot on, and Peptuck absolutely nails the Verse itself. The original elements and the retcon of Book and Wash's deaths blend seamlessly (the inability to do this is a frequent and major failure of most fic writers) and are a logical examination and expansion on concepts that the series never had a chance to explore itself.

The latest chapter is quite a bombshell, revealing that the Alliance has done far more to River than what the series revealed. Something that could potentially be both a blessing and a curse, that may help stabilize her mental state, but at the same time presenting a terrible threat to her attempts to escape the Alliance. She's left with a sadistic choice that may force her to sacrifice all the progress she's made. But at the same time we see River at her most proactive. She's stopped running and has made the decision to fight back.

We're left with quite a cliffhanger as a result, as River reveals her capture at the beginning of the arc is far more than what it seems. And thinking back to previous chapters, I realized that very little, if any, of her interrogation has been handled from River's perspective. This was a brilliant device by the writer, as we're presented with a River who appears to be on the verge of resignation and is about to break; the mad, confused, hopeless girl, we're familiar with, whose tenuous grasp on strength of will has finally failed only to reveal that all along that the author has been playing the READER as much as River has been Ornstintz. We EXPECTED to see River fall, as much as we don't want her to, and the final scene presents a stunning reversal. It's not just Ornstintz who has been operating under false assumptions, but us as well.

There are several moments in this arc with significant implications for the rest of the series, especially highlighted in this chapter. The previous Interlude revealed that Nemo already had some involvement with River's presence on Persephone, and we learn in this part that River voluntarily sought him out after initially rejecting him. What does this mean for the Independents? We've seen over the course of Forward that, though Nemo has found himself a new cause, he seems to be avoiding the mistakes he made under the Alliance of serving with blind devotion, and is prepared to go to extraordinary lengths to respect Serenity's neutrality. I also find the character of Dupree intriguing. This part seems to suggest that she may be far more involved in what's happening than she seems. Is she an agent of Nemo or the Independents?

Hopefully there will be answers coming as the arc proceeds into its final acts. Curse this waiting!
Notparanoid chapter 78 . 5/30/2013
omg this is the best firefly story in the fandom! :D
moriahhh chapter 78 . 5/20/2013
Great story!
NewsBys chapter 78 . 5/16/2013
Just finished Chapter 78. I read the last line and thought - Oh d mn! It's about the break bad. Perfect pacing. It just doesn't get better. You Rock!
Joe chapter 78 . 5/12/2013
I just finished reading what you have finished of Foward to date. Have enjoyed. Am sorry I have caught up. Now have to wait a year or two or three for you to write some more. Please do.
chabitso.0 chapter 78 . 5/6/2013
love it. :]
Bytemite chapter 78 . 5/6/2013
I've always been fond of the Cortex - River Cortex theory. Glad to see it getting a good work out here. Excellent use of the last line.
1,675 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »