Reviews for Forward
Glumski chapter 78 . 9/22/2016
I don't have any clue how I did not find this story earlier (it being the first one sorted by Faves by far), but I'm very glad I found it now. This is excellent, with the first chapters so incredibly close to the show's tone that it seemed unreal at first. 'Silver' is probably my favourite episode so far; it's so witty that it made me (literally) laugh out loud. I'm not that sure if I like 'Charity' and 'Hunt', possibly because I don't very much like the concept of Inducers, but both your original ideas and your style of writing are fascinating and consistent.
And 'Wrath' really is a masterpiece. I hope you're going to continue the episode and the entire series in general, it's a pity to see this incomplete and abandoned.
Ali chapter 78 . 9/2/2016
Found your story a couple of weeks ago. Have loved every moment. I feel like I'm in an episode and I love how you write everyone! Really hope you can continue this story. Thanks!
S chapter 78 . 8/26/2016
I just wanted to say that I have really loved reading your story. It is hands down the best fic in any fandom I have ever read, and I read an embarrassing amount of the stuff. I do however have one tiny request. Could you maybe update your authors page as to the situation regarding this story? I know you're still active since you update other stories, but I'd really appreciate a little note to let us know if this story is discontinued or not. If it's not, then I'll wait as long as need be because I get that life takes priority, but if it is then I'd like to be able to put it to rest so to speak.
Again, thanks for writing this amazing story and I do hope to see it continued some day.
theopromes chapter 31 . 8/16/2016
and since you enjoy physics so much, here is another nitpick:
According to the [u]combined gas law[/u] (wikipedia it) the temperature of a gas equals pressure times volume, so since the volume (serenity's cargo bay) stays the same, for every increase in pressure you get a linear increase in temperature. since the pressure has been going up from the normal atmospheric 100kPa, the air shooting out shouldn't be "extremely cold", It'd be warmer than serenity's usual room temperature. Just how much warmer depends on the pressure needed to propel serenity, but i'm not going to go there :)
theopromes chapter 30 . 8/16/2016
love this story so far, it hits the original series' tone just perfectly.
posting about a tiny nitpick (although i'm not 100% sure i'm right, it just seems plausible): the "blue-shift" that gets mentioned right at the end - there is a measurement method in astrophysics that measures slight change in wavelength of known EM-waves, to determine if the emitting object is moving towards or away from the observer, and at what speed. (its based on the doppler effect and not too complicated, check the wikipedia article for redshift). basically, red-shift means moving away, while blue-shift means moving closer. we just got told that they are looking at energy emissions emitted by the incoming ship, gamma rays (which are EM radiation) get even mentioned in particular. So, when Wash says that they are blue-shifted, I instantly think "ok so its moving toward them", which is obviously important in this situation. but then there is some technobabble about blue-shifted isotopes - is this intentional? I am not that versed into the little background tech stuff that happens in the original series, but without the "explanation" added behind the blue-shift, it seems something that would be perfectly sensible to say, right at that point, in accordance with real-life physics. is this blue-shift taken from some other source, or did you just come up with it by coincidence?
easttexasfan chapter 78 . 8/4/2016
This is one of the best Firefly/Serenity stories ever. I got to it late, for some reason, and, despite its River pontificating, I kept reading. I liked it very much! Then, on story 74, I realized that the story could not logically be wrapped up by story 78. I did something I have done but rarely. I skipped ahead to the final chapter, looked at the "Author's Notes," and .. you just stopped. Why in the name of a hundred moons did you just stop! No updates since 2013. I realize that life goes on, changes (and priorities) change; but why did you just stop!
StefOels chapter 2 . 7/1/2016
So I just found this. And I love it and love you more for doing it.. words cannot describe my devastation at the movie, although I get why Whedon did It. I can now pretend this is how it went and block off the horrific deaths of Wash and Book. So thank you - a million times over!
jfu5482 chapter 78 . 6/26/2016
OH. MY. GAWD! I absolutely adore this fic and I seriously cannot wait till you come up with the next chapter! You're a fantastic writer and are evil for making your fans wait lol
SonjaLei17 chapter 12 . 5/31/2016
This first "episode" was, I mean, there just aren't enough words in all the worlds of the entire Firefly frickin' galaxy to describe how UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING, THOUGHT-OUT, EMOTIONAL, EXCITING, and just down-right GENIUS this whole "episode" was. I kept saying just one more chapter and then I'd go to bed, yet here I am, four and half hours later currently debating how much sleep I really need in comparison to starting the next episode. This was so incredibly well-written and creative, my brain can't even handle the amazingness that is this gift of a story right now. Seriously, brain. Melted. Just everything, literally everything about it was perfect. From the way you captured each character so accurately (from their speech to their mannerisms), seeing Jayne and River form a better bond, Mal's protectiveness (especially towards River, my absolute favorite bond in the Firefly verse! Totally pictured him at the end of this chapter with her, being a fatherly comfort to her), all the action and humor, even the brutality and darkness of this with Niska/The Blue Hands, it was all so, so incredibly great. Thank you so much for sharing this crazy-talented and creative story. I can't wait to continue reading!
SonjaLei17 chapter 1 . 5/31/2016
Just found this fic and I am very, very excited to start reading it! The prologue already was amazing! You capture each and every character so well and I'm SO, SO GLAD you kept Wash and Book alive. It definitely wouldn't feel complete without them. Also, River is my favorite character too, so I can't wait to see what you do with her :) On to chapter one!
PinkFluffo chapter 1 . 5/3/2016
As I read this, I noticed your good writing and nicely displayed characters.

I'ma keep on reading.
Fai Gensou chapter 50 . 4/24/2016
Could there be an episode where a job goes perfectly smooth, but everyone's so paranoid about it not that when they realize it had afterwards, someone comments on how they don't like it?
IcyPanther chapter 78 . 4/9/2016
I have been reading this story for the last couple of days, and I just have to say that it is easily one of the most well written fanfictions I have ever read. Your characterizations of the crew are amazing and all of your original characters fit in so well.

I see that this hasn't been updated in quite a while, but I am hoping that someday it will be. I will certainly be keeping an eye on it and crossing my fingers!

Thank you for the incredibly enjoyable read thus far.

IcyPanther
Cammy P chapter 1 . 4/4/2016
I'm just going to binge my way through this story, and cry myself to sleep at the end of C78 because it's not finished (yet?).
Guest chapter 78 . 3/2/2016
The "Eternal Prohibition" was left on Earth-That-Was, everyone was permitted weapons, and taxes were both the lowest of any government in history and actually treated as charity, then war was declared and things got worse

In Firefly the Core Worlds are peaceful and prosperous, but the government can do damn near anything they want to their citizens as long as they can justify it — such as cut up little girls' brains or dose entire planets with mind control drugs. The Rim Worlds are anarchic and destitute mostly run by thugs and debt slavers out of Dickens, but you can always look your accuser in the eye and settle it one way or another — or even round up a posse of fellow victims and exact some frontier justice. The argument seems to be that a healthy civilization needs both and any attempt to "rid the world of sin" will do nothing but harm in the long run.
1,725 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »