Reviews for Forward
writtenwordlover chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Oh, Pep, you are a naughty man, making Inara ill and in need of Simon and now him and Mal in peril. I do think Inara's wrong about Mal not getting jealous of her with others, see Shindig, War Stories, anytime Simon's in her shuttle, but I do think she is right about him not accepting it as her chosen profession. And, Inara knows he is jealous of Simon because she witnessed his reaction in both the pilot and in Better Days. In both scenarios, Mal wanted confirmation from her that Simon was not being serviced. And remember River reads minds, but Inara is trained to reads MEN, women and their hidden desires. She knows envy when she sees it; don’t underestimate her like the Operative did.

I'm just keeping you on your toes….and by the way I loved what you did here, but you know I’m not easily satisfied. lol
Libquedation chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
well shit. That is not good at all! Update man as soon as u can!

RionaEire chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Oh, I'm really excited about this story ark, it sounds like it will be great, well written as always. You've set up lots of interesting things here: Mal and Simon are hurt and Inara is getting checkups for something mysterious, and the power in the ship is dead, great way to begin and grab our attention. I imagine the chapter one of this story will be more to my liking than chapter one of the last one, I'm still irritated about it though I understand now. Also nice to see something good on a Thurs. Tue through Thurs. are usually dead around here, not because noone writes but because all the stories that bore me are updated on those days, hence I get bored since there's nothing to read so this was a nice surprise. I felt that your description of Inara figuring out that something was wrong with Simon was good, with the circles of warm blood, really interesting imagery. Can't wait for more.

Riona
ScarletFox chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
You certainly do know how to make an opening. Good Luck on your Exams, please write when you have the time :-) The Anticipation for the next segment is already killing me :-P
jane0904 chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Holy, as they say, cow ... With at least Mal injured, and Simon in need of medical help himself, can this get much more tense? Actually, probably, yes!
Bytemite chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Well, my day has just been made. Except for the injury and general doom... Aw, who am I kidding? ESPECIALLY because of the injury and general doom. (cackle, cough)

Anyhoo, good to see you survived those projects.
bladefax chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Serenity's luck strikes again...good stuff...keep it coming.
Terminatrix T-X chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Well that's not good. Who's gonna doctor the Doctor?

Nice to see that you're updating again, although the squeal I let out when I saw this chapter might have angered a few sleeping people... Anyway, keep up the excellent work.
Rowena DeVandal chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Yay new chapter! ::happy dance::

And true to form, you leave us with a cliffie. A CLIFFIE! How could you? Evil, evil, impolite and evil I say. ;)

Just one small nitpick, where you forgot to capitalize Mal's name here: extending outward toward the drifting gray rock mal hovered beside.

That's it. :) Great work as always. Good luck on your exams and stuff! I have a daughter in her first year at college and I vaguely remember this time myself, so I know how you're feeling. :)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
I loved this chapter, but I have to ask that was a Terminator reference you made in this chapter right? I thought that was awesome. Great Story you've done an amazing job with the characters, personally I don't like Inara but this story is so good I can deal with her, so keep up the good work.
MKofGod chapter 28 . 11/22/2008
I don't think I've ever read a story quite like this. You've put together these stories with an expert hand. Your details are vivid and well placed. You don't add too many or too few. It's perfectly balanced.

You are also very good with balancing the characters. No character gets excluded from the stories. Jayne's characterization was fascinating. I think he's a little out of character, but I like the changes you've made. Plus, looking around the archive, I get the feeling your Jayne isn't so much out of character than adapted to the Fan-Jayne.

The portrayal of River is also very good. You've captured her confusion and chaos very well. Your bold, italics, underlining and formating have done a very good job of setting asside her thoughts and showing "her other sight", so to speak. I may have to borrow that from you some time :D

And Mal... characterization spot on. You do a good job of balancing the anti-hero. Mal's darkness and the way he deals with it is one of the aspects of Firefly that most intrests me, mostly becuase of the way that he doesn't seem to care most of the time, until he does. LoL.

Thanks for posting. i look forward to reading what you come up with next.
No.2 chapter 28 . 11/17/2008
I actually prefer reading each "episode" upon its completion in this case - much more like watching one of the actual episodes. Absolutely gorram awesome so far and I get the sense that you're not just going to repeat the catchphrases of each character no matter how fitting for the occasion - its would be just that much more refreshing if authors are able to develop the characters so well that adding their own catchphrases becomes seamless.
bladefax chapter 28 . 11/5/2008
Great story ...keep it coming...
IzzyTheFinalFanatic chapter 28 . 11/4/2008
You did a damn fine job. But then I think you know by now that you can portray the characters flawlessly. I would, however, highly recommend that you don't tell us that you had this entire thing finished before the first part was posted, as that will generally make us nag that much more for the next chapter. I'll cut you some slack though, seeing how I'm also drowning in assignments, and not harass you for anything just yet.
Terminatrix T-X chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
That was a good wrap to the story arc. I liked seeing River's reaction to the fight, with her trying to wash the blood off her hands. The bit about her forgetting the shakespeare quote was a nice touch.

Try not to take TOO much of a break before the next chapter-I need my story fix, lol.
1,679 | « Prev Page 1 .. 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 .. Last Next »