Reviews for Forward
Enfleurage chapter 30 . 12/30/2008
Okay, have to confess, I read it through the first time VERY quickly because I picked up on that sense of urgency and HAD to know what happened. Then I took my time and read the chapter again to enjoy the descriptions.

Loved Jayne's quiet heroics, saving Kaylee *twice* without blinking an eye, Kaylee figuring out solutions under the gun, having to tell Mal and Jayne to hold their horses.

Some great imagery in Mal using the zero grav to zoom up to the bridge and then re-engaging his magboots.
anonymous chapter 5 . 12/28/2008
This is probably the besst Firefly fic that I've ever read. Your characters are so true to the show (and movie) and the plot continuation makes sense.

I'm amazed, well done!
LightintheDarkess chapter 30 . 12/28/2008
Was electric fail is chance, or purpose? Do reivers have miltary EMP-weapon? there was that mag-clawthing

(Also: what happened to nukes? if the browncoats chucked a few at Allience shipyards( where are those? by-the-by) or vice versa. they'd've have fried everything/one. war becomes simplar (most of the warships on serenity/firefly looked to big to have been built on planet), tacticle nukes, and focused EMPs should rule in spaceship v. spaceship combat, not canon and ballistic missile. got any answers?)
Illution chapter 22 . 12/27/2008
I caught the Dr horrible sing along easter egg! yeah for me. Xiao means small in Mandrian it doesn't make a ot of sense to put small in front of it. Future reference for you
Jarvey chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
Always a thrill ride. Well done!
Skwiziks chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
Wah...the suspense is killing me. I can tell I'm going to be on the edge of my seat sweating this whole episode.

*highfive*

P.S. Are the Zelda novelizations on a low priority?
RionaEire chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
Really exciting chapter! I enjoyed the way that you are so thorough. The space scenes with Jayne and Kaylee were really intense. I can't help but wonder if nearly losing Kaylee will make Jayne care for her more, creating a problem between him and Simon, just guessing. I think it is highly unlikely that scissors would poke Simon in just the wrong spot when the grav drive went out but it makes for a good story so I don't mind. I still like the imagery of blood drops and pools floating around the infirmery. I'm kind of surprised that suddenly the crew is extra concerned about River, maybe they are trying to make up for their indescretions at that stupid party where no one was watching her. This story ark is really well done and exciting to me, everything that can go wrong out in the black is going wrong and I think it makes sense to have stories about the ship breaking because that would be a real possibility in space, things all break eventually and its dangerous when that thing is your ship. :) I'm curious about those people down on the belly, do they know Rievers are coming? Are they really smart Rievers that came in advance of the Riever ship? How did they get there? I'm excited to see what happens next.

Riona
AnimeFan101 chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
I like that note you have at the end - about heat being very slow to radiate away in space. It's a bit a truism that so many sci-fi shows and fics miss; there's a reason that thermos containers were (and some places still are) referred to as "vacuum flasks" - because they actually used a vacuum because of its extremely high insulating properties.

Geek-rant aside, you retain your high rank for nasty cliffies. Can't wait to see the next chapter!
Gilari chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
Reavers? Oh that's bad. That's really really bad.

I appreciate the use of actual physics in this. It's good to know the way things would actually act in space, because Firefly is nothing if no realistic. It's nice to see you preserving that.

Can't wait for more!
IzzyTheFinalFanatic chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
Oh yay! Just what every Firefly fan could want for Christmas... a minty fresh chapter from our wonderful Peptuck. Glad to see you back in action, hon. Hope your holidays were alright, even in your slump.
Chthonius chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
This is exactly what I asked for, Santa.

I can definitely see all kinds of action a-comin'. And I'm sensing it won't go well at the outset, what with Kaylee already rewiring one of their thrusters, which'll likely take another EVA to fix, eh?

And she'll be distracted with Simon hurt.

Jayne needs to get Vera into her vacuum-safe case and take some potshots with that grenade launcher of his. Can't hurt.
Bytemite chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
Ohh, medical emergency AND crazy flesh-eaters! Better and better.

Thanks for the nice Christmas present/update. :)
LEIsBored chapter 30 . 12/26/2008
Your work is always good. And I greatly enjoy the parallels to the show and episodic organization.

One complaint: you had a typo in this line: "A ribbon of dull ache flared up along his chest, sympathy pains from the long scar her had stretching across his chest."

Peace,

LE
LightintheDarkess chapter 29 . 12/25/2008
Deep? how deep? and what hit Mal?

ohwell, good, keep it going.
LightintheDarkess chapter 27 . 12/24/2008
HEh-heh heh, on fire and bringing a staff to a gun fight,...who, "BEHOLD THE MIGHTY RIVER TAM"...

Very good, my not reviewing has less to do with internet, and more to do with re-reading a few authors , and picking up a few new ones...

Oh yeah, Merry Christ-mass/ solsitce/ hanikkua/ Kw(Q)uanza. or what ever you celebrate.
1,714 | « Prev Page 1 .. 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 106 .. Last Next »