Reviews for Forward
Terminatrix T-X chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
That was a good wrap to the story arc. I liked seeing River's reaction to the fight, with her trying to wash the blood off her hands. The bit about her forgetting the shakespeare quote was a nice touch.

Try not to take TOO much of a break before the next chapter-I need my story fix, lol.
RionaEire chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
I liked how you examined the reactions of all the crew in the epilogue, as you said it ties everything together. I'm also glad River got her chocolate, she deserves it. Wash and Zoe are funny and cute, Simon will help Kaylee feel safe again, Mal does feel guilty but it really isn't his fault, River did what she had to do, no shame in that. The scene at the end between Mal and River was interesting, I hope you reveal the things you told me in your next ark, I understand but I still need to see it. I hope River feels better now, though that sort of thing isn't going to fix her, just hopefully make her feel better. And I don't think Mal could be 52, he's way too attractive to be that old. :)

Riona
Orpheus' Lyre chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
Wow. Yet another excellent episode, with regards to the msuic. I make it a point to listen to the soundtrack whenever i'm doing anything firefly related so i had that tune ready to go.

I think you've earned yourself the right to create in-depth new characters, as i think you may have alluded to with Zoe referencing the fact that she'd be out of action soon, maybe they'd need to hire a temporary mercenary.

Either way, another very affecting and emotional chapter.

Bravo!
writtenwordlover chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
A nice safe arc for Mal and River, personally, I just don't find their relationship that compelling in this series or in canon to keep circling back to. The end of the BDM was enough closure for me, I need a little more heat and sexual chemistry... say Mal and Inara, to gather my interest. In saying so (and knowing that River is your favorite character) I think what you wrote is fine and I love Mal and River as daddy/daughter as much as anyone else. It's sweet and loveable, but lacks the emotional wallop this show was famous for and it really doesn't develop or challenge Mal's character beyond what we already see in him. I look forward to your next series and please feel free to take some chances with these characters.
Chthonius chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
I always like the Book-Mal conversations. And of course, any conversation with River is special in its own way.

I'm not sure what I can really comment on here. All of this is tied into the last chapter so much, reflections, etc., that it's hard to pick specifics. I thought the choice of conversational partners was interesting though. Wash and Zoe for obvious reasons, Simon and River for obvious reasons, and then Mal with the rest, plus river. Mal is, of course, Captain Daddy checking on his crew.

Is Inara going to wheedle the story from book, or perhaps Simon? Those seem to be the two who would give her the most accurate read on what really went on, outside of mal or zoe, neither of which are likely to talk about it. And if Mal is thinking on hitting Niska, he'll need - whether he wants to admit it or not (and it's definitely not) - all hands on deck, which includes Inara, and pregnant!Zoe.

And now of course I want to know what you decided for the ship. :P
dsolo chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
Nicely done epilogue. The only jarring note I found was Mal's age. He's probably not even 40 yet. He was probably young when the war started (late teen's, early twenties), so he would still be in his twenties when it ended and in his thirties now. He and Zoe are contemporaries, age wise, and she's young enough to be pregnant. Otherwise, nicely done. I especially liked River echoing Tracy's lines and Mal's answer to her question. Forward. That's perfect.
Skwiziks chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
I think you got the balance down pretty gorram well. It didn't feel overly sappy nor did it feel overly angsty. It also didn't feel like the emotions were shoved down my throat. This was an effective and entertaining character building chapter. Very good job.

*highfive*
TheWatcherandReader chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
I am almost certain that you read Dr. McNinja. Anywho, nice little ending bit there. Keep on updating.
Bytemite chapter 28 . 11/2/2008
River really IS addled... I think she's quoting Lady Macbeth, wife of the titular character in an entirely different Shakespeare play.

In any case, her inability to call to mind the exact reference of the line emphasizes how rattled the sudden attack has all of the crew.
Wolf of the snows chapter 4 . 11/2/2008
Great Story! I'm new to ths fandom, but this is the best I've read so far. did you know, there's supposedly a comic book continuation to the story done by Joss Whedon (of course, wash and the Preacher aren't alive, and I didn't like Joss killing them off).
Shinouq chapter 27 . 11/2/2008
Love it! update soon!
bladefax chapter 27 . 10/30/2008
Hell of a Chapter...Serenity's crew kicks butt again!..

Keep up the great writing.
Jarvey chapter 27 . 10/27/2008
Awesome chapter... everything was awesome. I also enjoyed how you ended the chapter as well. One thing though... now I've got the Benny Hill theme stuck in my head!
GillianRose chapter 27 . 10/27/2008
Great chapter! I have been on pins and needles the last few chapters (no, don't sedate River! in that vein), and this installment is so satisfying. River...everything. Jayne on fire. Zoe and the hammer. Mal's "good luck charm," and the shard of glass. And Book, Wash, Kaylee and Simon pitching in as well! Wow, very satisfying wrap up - scary, detailed, funny, exciting, true to and respectful of the characters...Congratulations, you've accomplished something really outstanding with this story.
Hidden Relevance chapter 27 . 10/27/2008
Holy freaking.. wow just wow

Once again you have me utterly in awe of your action scene writing skills.. just gah...
1,710 | « Prev Page 1 .. 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 .. Last Next »