Reviews for Forward
IzzyTheFinalFanatic chapter 25 . 10/17/2008
...well... I don't know how to say this gently, but this was the first chapter I've ever read by you that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Don't get me wrong; you moved the plot along well... it just seemed, I dunno. Rushed? You made more grammatical mistakes and such in this one chapter than you usually do in a whole fanfic. Kind of broke it up for me; didn't flow and such. Take your time, hon. I think the general consensus is quality over quantity and all, no matter how much we might tease you about wanting more immediately.

Looking forward to the next chapter regardless.

Izzy
bladefax chapter 25 . 10/17/2008
An excellent chapter...more please.
Skwiziks chapter 25 . 10/13/2008
Ah snap! I guess there goes my theory. Still, bring on the action!

*highfive*
RionaEire chapter 25 . 10/13/2008
That was intense, well done. I'm glad that Kaylee is realizing that she and Simon need to do a better job of keeping an eye on River, she's getting some sense now. I noticed a slight indescrepency when Mal found River shooting the sign and Simon on the ground clutching his throat. When Simon recounted what happened later when Mal asked in the infirmery he didn't mention himself being punched or what have you and being knocked to the ground, seems like an important part of the story don't ya think, knowing how Simon got grounded (literally). Did he not mention it to protect River somehow so the captain wouldn't know that she did that? I definitely feel, and really I have all along, that River should not be given a weapon to hold on missions unless the bad guys have begun shooting and she is immediately needed. That will cut down on the likelyhood of such incidents as the one above, though if she was determined she could just snatch someone's weapon but any sensible procaution seems valid. Jayne is right, those bushes are moving, the bad guys must have pretty clever camoflage suits to look so foliage like that only Jayne notices them.

Riona
Fima chapter 25 . 10/13/2008
love the story. never seems to be boring. read it in one-sit ang got hooked up. cant wait to read more.
vfergus chapter 25 . 10/13/2008
3 words...I LOVE IT!

I am at the edge of my seat..You drew me in and now I can not go back to normalcy.
Terminatrix T-X chapter 25 . 10/13/2008
Yeah, Selke is gonna have to die a gruesome and painful death for threatening Kaylee, lol.

I love the RiverThink in this chapter. The way you went from her 'normal' thoughts into her 'holy crap' thoughts when she saw the Blue Sun sign was excellent. I have to admit that when Mal ran up and saw Simon on the ground, I thought she'd shot him (THAT would have been bad).

And, surprise surprise, Shepherd knows something about Blue Sun. Something he learned from Nemo, perhaps? Or maybe he's known about it sense before he became a Shepherd...if he even IS a Shepherd. Man, that guy is more of a conundrum than River. *wanders off thinking up Book-related conspiracy theories*
Bytemite chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Your plot twists, pacing, action scenes, characterizations, and interactions always keep me on the edge of my seat, devouring the next line and giggling at the jokes.

Monday morning comes around, and I'll be here. Nothing you can do about it, either. :) Whatever occurs in the story, even if you leave me hanging between one chapter and the next, I know I can trust that you'll execute any happenstance faithfully to the spirit of the characters, the show, and the movie, because you have captured them flawlessly.

Extraordinary.
writtenwordlover chapter 25 . 10/13/2008
OK, I'm still reading, the Wash baby almost got me to stop, just don't think that was to happen, Pep. Anyway, I'm glad Mal decked River... for a moment there he was starting to act like a friggin Care Bear; ya know... the combined powers of the hug.

It didn't seem right that he didn't chain her, though. Mal protects his crew first and always and she's highly unpredictable, as you've written. I'm glad to see the other characters in this chapter, especially Kaylee and Jayne. I'm still reading as long as things don't deviate too much from canon and characterization.
g.g.foogle chapter 25 . 10/13/2008
Ah, the Wraith Squadron motto... course it will always work for a other groups and individuals as well, but still. Fitting either way.
Rowena DeVandal chapter 24 . 10/8/2008
But they ARE "psycho bitch with giant machine gun" and "freaky guy with knives"! ;)

Good stuff, as always. Nothing to say beyond that. :)
IzzyTheFinalFanatic chapter 24 . 10/7/2008
Oh my god! You made Zoe pregnant!

About damn time! D

I'll tell you this though: if something happens to the Washling I'm going to be very put out. You have been warned. *makes a face*
Terminatrix T-X chapter 24 . 10/6/2008
OK, gonna be honest here: normally when I'm reading a fic and suddenly Zoe is pregnant, that's when I stop reading. It's not that I don't think it would be a good story, it's just that it tends to be butchered so horribly that it isn't worth reading. That said, I think you've demonstrated that you have the skill to make this work. Please, for the love of all things holy, don't prove me wrong :p
RionaEire chapter 24 . 10/6/2008
Well I'm still here, thanks to your tireless efforts to help me work through that last chapter. I still can't figure out why you took the time to do it but I really appreciate it. Your explanations of the foreshadowing of what will happen later (don't worry, I won't give it away here) helped me to make sense of chapter 23. Knowing what I know about touched folk made it all make sense to me with the confusion element etc. Now I'm just pissed at Simon for not watching her like he's supposed to. I begin to consider that I'd be a better person to look after her than slacker Simon. I hope he gets punished for it somehow. :) I think that a Zoe/Wash pregnancy is exciting, though it is risky. As long as the baby survives though it will get lots of love and I don't think taking care of it will be all that difficult. If River stay behind on the ship someone always stays with her and they can take care of the baby together when River is lucid and alone when she isn't. And when River goes with the crew on missions someone generally stays with the ship anyway or goes shopping etc. and they can take care of the baby, no problem. I think this is a good move. I was excited about the Niska twist, he's at it again. Do continue

Riona
LightintheDarkess chapter 24 . 10/6/2008
Isn't NASA (Thus the space program) under the jurisdiction of the Air Force? when (and how) percisely did it get turned into the Navy? No one has yet to explain this.

One more thing...Pregnancys(to my knowledge)are very fragile, requiring nothing more than an ill placed bump(like walking into a person) to miscarry, let alone a bullet to a kevlar vest. How do you figure to make the pregancey into a long term affair?

That asked... wonderful writing, keep up the good work.
1,675 | « Prev Page 1 .. 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 .. Last Next »