Reviews for Forward
Terminatrix T-X chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Well that's not good. Who's gonna doctor the Doctor?

Nice to see that you're updating again, although the squeal I let out when I saw this chapter might have angered a few sleeping people... Anyway, keep up the excellent work.
Rowena DeVandal chapter 29 . 12/4/2008
Yay new chapter! ::happy dance::

And true to form, you leave us with a cliffie. A CLIFFIE! How could you? Evil, evil, impolite and evil I say. ;)

Just one small nitpick, where you forgot to capitalize Mal's name here: extending outward toward the drifting gray rock mal hovered beside.

That's it. :) Great work as always. Good luck on your exams and stuff! I have a daughter in her first year at college and I vaguely remember this time myself, so I know how you're feeling. :)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
I loved this chapter, but I have to ask that was a Terminator reference you made in this chapter right? I thought that was awesome. Great Story you've done an amazing job with the characters, personally I don't like Inara but this story is so good I can deal with her, so keep up the good work.
TimesARiver chapter 28 . 11/22/2008
I don't think I've ever read a story quite like this. You've put together these stories with an expert hand. Your details are vivid and well placed. You don't add too many or too few. It's perfectly balanced.

You are also very good with balancing the characters. No character gets excluded from the stories. Jayne's characterization was fascinating. I think he's a little out of character, but I like the changes you've made. Plus, looking around the archive, I get the feeling your Jayne isn't so much out of character than adapted to the Fan-Jayne.

The portrayal of River is also very good. You've captured her confusion and chaos very well. Your bold, italics, underlining and formating have done a very good job of setting asside her thoughts and showing "her other sight", so to speak. I may have to borrow that from you some time :D

And Mal... characterization spot on. You do a good job of balancing the anti-hero. Mal's darkness and the way he deals with it is one of the aspects of Firefly that most intrests me, mostly becuase of the way that he doesn't seem to care most of the time, until he does. LoL.

Thanks for posting. i look forward to reading what you come up with next.
No.2 chapter 28 . 11/17/2008
I actually prefer reading each "episode" upon its completion in this case - much more like watching one of the actual episodes. Absolutely gorram awesome so far and I get the sense that you're not just going to repeat the catchphrases of each character no matter how fitting for the occasion - its would be just that much more refreshing if authors are able to develop the characters so well that adding their own catchphrases becomes seamless.
bladefax chapter 28 . 11/5/2008
Great story ...keep it coming...
IzzyTheFinalFanatic chapter 28 . 11/4/2008
You did a damn fine job. But then I think you know by now that you can portray the characters flawlessly. I would, however, highly recommend that you don't tell us that you had this entire thing finished before the first part was posted, as that will generally make us nag that much more for the next chapter. I'll cut you some slack though, seeing how I'm also drowning in assignments, and not harass you for anything just yet.
Terminatrix T-X chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
That was a good wrap to the story arc. I liked seeing River's reaction to the fight, with her trying to wash the blood off her hands. The bit about her forgetting the shakespeare quote was a nice touch.

Try not to take TOO much of a break before the next chapter-I need my story fix, lol.
RionaEire chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
I liked how you examined the reactions of all the crew in the epilogue, as you said it ties everything together. I'm also glad River got her chocolate, she deserves it. Wash and Zoe are funny and cute, Simon will help Kaylee feel safe again, Mal does feel guilty but it really isn't his fault, River did what she had to do, no shame in that. The scene at the end between Mal and River was interesting, I hope you reveal the things you told me in your next ark, I understand but I still need to see it. I hope River feels better now, though that sort of thing isn't going to fix her, just hopefully make her feel better. And I don't think Mal could be 52, he's way too attractive to be that old. :)

Riona
Orpheus' Lyre chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
Wow. Yet another excellent episode, with regards to the msuic. I make it a point to listen to the soundtrack whenever i'm doing anything firefly related so i had that tune ready to go.

I think you've earned yourself the right to create in-depth new characters, as i think you may have alluded to with Zoe referencing the fact that she'd be out of action soon, maybe they'd need to hire a temporary mercenary.

Either way, another very affecting and emotional chapter.

Bravo!
writtenwordlover chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
A nice safe arc for Mal and River, personally, I just don't find their relationship that compelling in this series or in canon to keep circling back to. The end of the BDM was enough closure for me, I need a little more heat and sexual chemistry... say Mal and Inara, to gather my interest. In saying so (and knowing that River is your favorite character) I think what you wrote is fine and I love Mal and River as daddy/daughter as much as anyone else. It's sweet and loveable, but lacks the emotional wallop this show was famous for and it really doesn't develop or challenge Mal's character beyond what we already see in him. I look forward to your next series and please feel free to take some chances with these characters.
Chthonius chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
I always like the Book-Mal conversations. And of course, any conversation with River is special in its own way.

I'm not sure what I can really comment on here. All of this is tied into the last chapter so much, reflections, etc., that it's hard to pick specifics. I thought the choice of conversational partners was interesting though. Wash and Zoe for obvious reasons, Simon and River for obvious reasons, and then Mal with the rest, plus river. Mal is, of course, Captain Daddy checking on his crew.

Is Inara going to wheedle the story from book, or perhaps Simon? Those seem to be the two who would give her the most accurate read on what really went on, outside of mal or zoe, neither of which are likely to talk about it. And if Mal is thinking on hitting Niska, he'll need - whether he wants to admit it or not (and it's definitely not) - all hands on deck, which includes Inara, and pregnant!Zoe.

And now of course I want to know what you decided for the ship. :P
dsolo chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
Nicely done epilogue. The only jarring note I found was Mal's age. He's probably not even 40 yet. He was probably young when the war started (late teen's, early twenties), so he would still be in his twenties when it ended and in his thirties now. He and Zoe are contemporaries, age wise, and she's young enough to be pregnant. Otherwise, nicely done. I especially liked River echoing Tracy's lines and Mal's answer to her question. Forward. That's perfect.
Skwiziks chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
I think you got the balance down pretty gorram well. It didn't feel overly sappy nor did it feel overly angsty. It also didn't feel like the emotions were shoved down my throat. This was an effective and entertaining character building chapter. Very good job.

*highfive*
TheWatcherandReader chapter 28 . 11/3/2008
I am almost certain that you read Dr. McNinja. Anywho, nice little ending bit there. Keep on updating.
1,717 | « Prev Page 1 .. 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 .. Last Next »