Reviews for Another Man's Son
takoyakikonran chapter 7 . 4/7/2014
Holy shit! Thank you so much. This was my first ever Gundam fanfiction, and I must say, it was amazing! From the witty tidbits and the dialogue, to just the realness and believability of it all. Thank you.
Todd chapter 7 . 11/7/2013
Excellent story! Some good military detail. Made me feel like I was reliving parts of my past. - Sequel coming?
pkmntrainergold chapter 6 . 10/16/2012
plz more
Ayu-Dev chapter 3 . 8/7/2011
Very cute :3

WAS NOT EXPECTING CHAR TO JUST GO AND KISS HIM LIKE THAT! I like how that was thrown in there like that! The description of their academy
Ayu-Dev chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Great chapter! Like how Garma slowly starts to figure out his new formed feelings for Char! Funny how Char finds out before Garma himself does xDD
Ayu-Dev chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I really like the details put in about the academy's type of training... Nicely done!
pechii chapter 4 . 5/7/2010
I just wanted to comment to let you know that I am so glad you updated! This is a wonderfully entertaining story and well-written too. I don't mean to creep, but I'm enjoying this fic quite a lot and wanted you to know you have readers. Keep up the good work; I am eagerly awaiting the next installment!
SilviaS7 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Wow, I am so glad I found this fic. Every detail is just amazing, you have captured their lives at the academy perfectly. I really love your characterizations of both Char and Garma, they seem absolutely spot-on. I definitely see Garma as the "baby" who doesn't want special treatment for being the youngest. I love the dynamic you have developed between Char and Garma. Gah, I'm just out of words to express how much I love this piece of fiction. No matter how long it takes, please continue working on this story. 3
nowthenSoreDewa chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
I love how it doesn't even occur to Char to write anything to Artesia himself...his lack of affect is so fucking disturbing (Lalah *was* truly extraordinary if she got anything else out of him), and yet you actually manage to balance it with the occasional twinge of sympathy to make him into the monumental ass we all know, instead of simply someone who probably shouldn't have gotten through the screening process. Brava, kish, the immense depths of your psychology never fail to astound. (Seeing him fail at target practice was nice, too.) The whole darn thing, such a total pleasure to read, as always.

Did you ever imagine you'd be able to put military training to such a great use? :D

Sorry I can't make this as long as the chapter, but I hope Ch. 3's coming along. -ht
wyrd chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Very good beginning!

I must say I find your characterization of Garma interesting. I'm so used to thinking of him as a spoiled "piece of fluff" that seeing him as a person who wants to prove himself to everyone is an intriguing change. I like how he hero-worships Dozle and cares deeply for his daddy. The letter that he wrote to Degin was sweet; I find Garma's romantic and emotional side hilarious.

I like Char as well. His false backstory is well thought-out and I love the irony of how he repeatedly promises to take revenge on Garma. The only problem I have with him is he seems to be awed by Garma a little too much. Having grown up ridiculously rich himself, he should know that money doesn't make one any less smart/tough/capable.

One of my favorite parts of the chapter was the comparison between Sayla and Kishiria's reactions to the news of their brothers' plans. It's cool that Sayla was speaking French (that was French, right?).

The other thing I had a little issue with was that Garma was a test pilot for the Zaku. If he was able to test the Zaku, wouldn't he have already had some kind of military training (since they were created as military weapons), and wouldn't Degin know that his baby son was capable of doing great things?

Oh, and I loved the conversation between Garma and Char where Garma was trying to prove that princes aren't necessarily cold and snooty and nerves were hit.

This was an excellent chapter, and I look forward to the next. Have a great week!
Mr. Vinister chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
As far as I know, this is your first published fanfic since you joined the Reserves, and the experience you've gained can easily be seen here. This intimate knowledge of military indoctrination, combined with your usual meticulous writing style, makes you the perfect author to write a Gundam fanfic focusing on this kind of subject. As to the fic itself: it's interesting to me that Kishiria is your patron Zabi, but you write Garma more frequently in a leading role than any other Zabi. Here he's as human and sympathetic to the reader as he was in Reading the Will, which is definitely a good thing.

Char, on the other hand, is a bit more uncharted territory for you, but so far, you have a good handle on him. It was especially interesting to read the part with him and Jimba Ral, as in the original story Char is portrayed in very much a sympathetic light, but here you go in quite the opposite direction. I notice that you do not specify whether this fic is a one-shot, or simply one chapter in a story that will chronicle Garma's tenure through the Academy. So far the potential is definitely there.

As usual, gripes are small. A few small grammar errors here and there, nothing of much consequence. If this fic continues, I'll be looking forward to future installments, if not, you've already written a stellar look at the unique relationship between Garma and Char.
Ominae chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
Nice! A Garma and Char story...