Reviews for Another Man's Son
Warfang chapter 7 . 10/3/2015
I am both sad to reach the end of this fanfic, and ecstatic to have read such a wonderful piece of writing. I've been looking all over the internet and my usual stomping grounds for more Char and Garma, and I am delighted to have found your story.

So much has happened here, from the 20 kilometer trek with Char rescuing Garma, Char plotting when to kill the Zabis, and everything leading up to the series. I was partly surprised by Garma offering for them to be married, and not as surprised by the reasons for Char to delay the marriage (and yes, I was bouncing for joy at the little voice telling Char to say yes) and knowing that, inside this work of fiction and canon, that this is doomed to fail.

It is bittersweet, such a love akin to Romeo and Juliet, to know that two hearts cross together will be torn asunder, but also, it is nice to imagine, that while not in this world, or perhaps the next, but in some world, at some time, these two met, fell in love, and lived out their time together.
Alas, it is not be ever known in this world.

And true enough, Char may leave Garma's life just as easy, but perhaps, Char will live with what he did for the rest of his life, and the only proof of their time together aside from the records at ZeAF, will be the two pictures of them on their graduation.

Thank you, again, for writing this story. It sets up and leds into the plot nicely, and I greatly enjoyed reading Another Man's Son.
Warfang chapter 6 . 10/3/2015
Wow.

I mean, wow. My heart just squeezed each time Char was angry, first at Gato for supposedly humiliating him in front of Garma, at Giren for suggesting that Char was using Garma, at Giren again for placing Gato and Garma together and assuming that Garma just fell into Gato's arms for being a 'superior catch' and just watching Char being consumed by thoughts of jealousy and working in fury between grief and pain, was just delightful to read.

And Char just couldn't wait to read Gato's obituary, that was both grim and realistic of someone who's furious at losing their lover.

But I don't think Char ever came to the realization that he loves Garma, only that he feels pain from seeing Garma on television, which he subjects himself to routinely, and that he fucks black haired women viciously and feels empty after ward.

Whereas Garma believes Giren about Char using him and not being 'fully human' or even learning how to be human, and the benign purchases are now coming back to hurt Aznable instead of being friendly gifts.

So, we have two hurt lovers, torn apart initially over Garma's grades and because Char didn't know Garma's birthday date. From there, it steam rolls as tensions rise between Earth and Zeon, but now, just as the chapter ends, Aznable and Garma are at least on the same hall.
Though I do wonder if Van Kamper will find himself in the cross hairs of Char's jealousy, and if Garma will take to playing his guitar in the second year.

But if Char has sworn to never lose another Zaku fight again, I do wonder how he will perform as the top of his class. .
Warfang chapter 5 . 10/3/2015
Wow, what a loop this chapter was. An emotional roller coaster, from the good times to hitting the first waves of the storm. I'm hoping that Garma is able to save his grades and improve enough that he and Char can still hang out on weekends for studying, but it seems the whole family cottoned on after Giren's discovery.

Ah, all I really remember of this chapter is that I liked it, especially the part with Char in the Zaku and wracking up 60 push ups, with Garma in the jerry rigged room being anxious for him. .
Warfang chapter 4 . 10/2/2015
Mmm, and I am late for bed. If I miss anything, I'll just add it to the next review.

But something that struck me as odd- if Garma is performing well sexually on Char, why did Char have to keep imagining women to stay hard? Was he that turned off by Garma being a Zabi, or by him being male?

The rest I enjoyed, what with Garma dragging Char out of holiday blues, the comment about 3 AM insomnia piano playing, and Char's first punk show.

And again, you really end the chapter on a bang (I'm coming back to finish reading once I'm coherent enough to process information again) and now Char is wishing for Garma to be the son of any man except Degin Zabi. I do look forward to how you'll handle this in the remaining chapters.

But for now, the midnight bell doth tolls my bedtime.
Warfang chapter 3 . 10/2/2015
Wow, so much happened in this chapter. I think I'm going to recap my highlights and then move on.

Winona being a mobile suit and Char's reaction to thinking he had lost an in-road to Garma, only to later find out that Garma was joking about his 'girlfriend'.

Giren's reaction to Garma talking too much about Char. Perhaps he remembered something about Saslo? This is just something I made a quick note in the review about, because I knew I would forget otherwise.

And then there's Uncle Jinbal's letter, encouraging Char to hang onto that friendship, and Char working out how to fan the flames even while Garma wrangles with his new impediment to his grades and studying.

And then he kisses Garma. Wow. I was expecting to wait a few more chapters to get there, but I suppose Char ought to strike while the iron is hot and give Garma something to think about while on his break.

Which reminds me about their last break, with Garma offering to buy things for Char and then paying up for Char's supplies to attend class, that really showed the difference in their status, didn't it?
Warfang chapter 2 . 10/2/2015
Well, I managed to catch a viewing of a Gundam show, and picked up on Char and Garma in that show. I've been surfing around for a bit more on them on the fanside section, so I was quite happy to find your fanfic. So happy, that I blasted right through the first chapter and onto the second before realizing I should have stopped and left a review about how much I loved your description of the characters, how easy it is to read your writing ,the flow and pacing of your story, the setting, the way you show the actions, and how much I loved the direction you were taking the story.

Now that I'm in chapter two, I wanted to tell you so much about your writing and everything that I adore about the chapter. But I will be brief. I adore how Char teaches Garma about pre-game nerves, how Char is searching for a way into Garma's defenses, how Char reacts when he realizes just how close and observant Garma is.

I liked how Garma first got the inkling of feelings for Char before the pushup contest (and the announcer was hilarious) and then Char picked up on how to manipulate Garma by being naked and requiring attention. Especially the piece later about getting Garma to wrap his blister. .

And then life continues on and Garma dies in the training, but unlike in the series, he won't be rising from the dead in the next morning. (That was an ugly feeling to experience as a reader, having thoughts intrude onto the story that's so wonderful about how, in a few years, this isn't going to be an exercise.)

But I adore the extra piece about how Garma and Char relate to their parents, and I'm looking forward to diving into chapter three.
takoyakikonran chapter 7 . 4/7/2014
Holy shit! Thank you so much. This was my first ever Gundam fanfiction, and I must say, it was amazing! From the witty tidbits and the dialogue, to just the realness and believability of it all. Thank you.
Todd chapter 7 . 11/7/2013
Excellent story! Some good military detail. Made me feel like I was reliving parts of my past. - Sequel coming?
pkmntrainergold chapter 6 . 10/16/2012
plz more
Ayu-Dev chapter 3 . 8/7/2011
Very cute :3

WAS NOT EXPECTING CHAR TO JUST GO AND KISS HIM LIKE THAT! I like how that was thrown in there like that! The description of their academy
Ayu-Dev chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Great chapter! Like how Garma slowly starts to figure out his new formed feelings for Char! Funny how Char finds out before Garma himself does xDD
Ayu-Dev chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I really like the details put in about the academy's type of training... Nicely done!
pechii chapter 4 . 5/7/2010
I just wanted to comment to let you know that I am so glad you updated! This is a wonderfully entertaining story and well-written too. I don't mean to creep, but I'm enjoying this fic quite a lot and wanted you to know you have readers. Keep up the good work; I am eagerly awaiting the next installment!
SilviaS7 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Wow, I am so glad I found this fic. Every detail is just amazing, you have captured their lives at the academy perfectly. I really love your characterizations of both Char and Garma, they seem absolutely spot-on. I definitely see Garma as the "baby" who doesn't want special treatment for being the youngest. I love the dynamic you have developed between Char and Garma. Gah, I'm just out of words to express how much I love this piece of fiction. No matter how long it takes, please continue working on this story. 3
ntSoreDewa chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
I love how it doesn't even occur to Char to write anything to Artesia himself...his lack of affect is so fucking disturbing (Lalah *was* truly extraordinary if she got anything else out of him), and yet you actually manage to balance it with the occasional twinge of sympathy to make him into the monumental ass we all know, instead of simply someone who probably shouldn't have gotten through the screening process. Brava, kish, the immense depths of your psychology never fail to astound. (Seeing him fail at target practice was nice, too.) The whole darn thing, such a total pleasure to read, as always.

Did you ever imagine you'd be able to put military training to such a great use? :D

Sorry I can't make this as long as the chapter, but I hope Ch. 3's coming along. -ht