Reviews for Staring at the Wasted Months
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Wow. I enjoy Vlad reflection pieces, and wow... Those were painful five seconds.

I like how you captured the emotion. It is interesting; for all the talk of death and killing that Vlad had, he never saw death before. Well... Death of something close enough to be humanoid.

The skeleton clone melted on the mini-golf course. The buff clone melted when Danny and Danielle fought it together.

He DID watch the sparky clone melt, and that's why Danielle was so afraid. But this was the first time something so very humanoid melted. So very like Danny in appearance.

And now, Danielle sided with Danny. And Vlad doesn't want Danny anymore. (I kind of figured that when he captured Danny, and pretty much threatened to kill him. But now, Vlad doesn't even want a CLONE anymore.) Now, he just wants to hurt Danny.

Nicely done.

Sincerely,

Miriam
Kat chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
This was...oh, how can I say it...?

Off. Something about it was just-off.

No further comments.
AshlynnElizabeth chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
*is utterly confused* I liked thsi one too!

omg. and guess what? I really don't like this show! lol.
pearl84 chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Heh, this is pretty much what I imagined that went through Vlad's head during that scene. I think for the first time since he met Daniel, Vlad wanted to truly kill him at that moment. I still shudder when i think of what could have happened if Sam and Tucker had not arrived.

Believe it or not KS is one of my favorite episodes. I loved Vlad so much in this one that the fact that Danielle was introduced in this one was thrown out of my mind when I first saw it. We got to see so much of Vlad's chracter in it. We got to see how dark he can be, but also how lonely he is, how he sees himself. I truly felt for him when I saw the expression on his face as he said, "I'm not a villian; all I ever wanted was love."

Awesome job, my friend! I loved it!
Devianta chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
*gets in Vlad's path* Go away Vlad or I'll have to use my authoress powers against you! *grabs pen and paper* I normally don't write with ink- I prefer pencil- but for this I can promise you that nothing that I write I will regret! *watches as Vlad backs away slowly* Yeah, that's right! Run away, chicken. *grabs Danny* I wuv you!

Sorry, fangirl part of me took over. Actually, scratch that. I'm never sorry to glomp Danny.

Odd little oneshot. Vlad was definitely ic. I really do think that was the episode when Vlad changed his mind. The whole "Sorry, funny joke around Vlad isn't here" thing kind of made that obvious. That and Danny did ruin Vlad's ultimate plan to have a son. Though, I don't think Vlad created the clone so he could experience love. I don't think Vlad's capable of love. At all. Ever. See, I think that was made obvious in Masters of All Time. Even in the alternate reality Vlad was still the same. He hated Jack and lusted after Maddie. Lust is not love. It didn't take an accident to make Vlad full of rage or to make him pure evil. He was always pure evil; he always lusted after Maddie; and he never liked Jack. He manipulates people to act in a certain way sheerly for his own entertainment. All he wants is control. When someone steps in to take away his control of a situation he instantly comes to hate that person and will do anything to stop them. Vlad hates Jack not because he's a bumbling fool but because he is in the way of his gaining Maddie. In Masters of All Time he hated Jack because if Jack was still around he still posed a threat to his possession of Maddie. He only wants Danny around before Kindred Spirits because is half ghost as well, which can help him if Danny serves Vlad, and because he is one more thing of Jack's to try and take away.

That's my belief on the whole situation. Vlad wants a half ghost ally in his quest for world domination and that's that.

But great oneshot. Introspection is always interesting.
DaxLP chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Gee, and I thought GS was whacked, you've outdone yourself. :)

The gore wasn't that bad, could've done without the language, overall, not a bad read.

Are you still doing your challenges?
Nylah chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Nice. I happened to watch that episode yesterday, and it occurred to me that those clones melting, that's just gross. Nightmare stuff. I think I'm going to use it somewhere :)

Funny thing, you mention that Vlad is pissed off, because Danni is now 'good', implying that he sees himself as the bad guy. I don't think he does. Nobody thinks of themselves as the bad guy, just, 'misunderstood', or 'only doing what's good for them', something like that. I think that even Hitler didn't see himself as the monster we all know he was.

Vlad's reasoning is sound though. He thinks it's Danny's fault - and it is, of course - that Danni is now against him, that the clones melted, all his work down the drain. You'd be a little pissed too :) In his eyes, they're the misguided ones, if only they could see it his way...

Sorry, I think about his a lot.

And I like short stories. Long ones too. And in between ones. Heh.

Nylah
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
What is it with you and Vlad? Ya certanly like hurting the guy on some level or another.

Physically or emotionally.

Well his decision here was a good explination as to why he started to view Danny as a rival instead of a son during season three.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
dgLari chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
SQUE! X3

me love this one-shot

I'd say poor Danny, but...the one who lost here was Vlad...so poor Vlad *hugs Vladdieh* I still love ya

anyway awesome job! 8D
Dreaming-Of-A-Nightmare chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
another great DP work from you, my friend. 3

short one-shots are sometimes more than a whole story (in a sense) so don't feel bad.

((well you didn't really say you felt bad, but you get what i mean. : ))
Spiderweb Sky chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Sigh... if only Danny Phantom weren't Y7 or whatever, it has such potential. Wonderful fic, I love it when writers embellish on an episode.
Hordak's Pupil chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Me: Ooh Vladdie's mad!

Ghostwriter: No duh

Me: *scares Ghostwriter off with an orange* anyway awesome oneshot, keep up the great work. :)