Reviews for Castaways the sequel to Halo3
Spacefan chapter 7 . 5/1/2008
I thought there was nothing worse than ME when I'm bored, but the Chief surpasses me...only he's grumpier.
en extase chapter 4 . 4/23/2008
The Chief owns his own private planet? Not a yacht, but a freaking _planet_? Well, I suppose I knew from the get-go, but that it was stated was pure gold.
en extase chapter 3 . 4/23/2008
I'd recommend this all over the place, lol. The Unggai and the ramification of the Halo ring being detonated is a stroke of genius. Most would dump Chief into his next adventure, but your fic operates on a higher level of sophistication.

A very minor note: "He blew a puff of air through his nose and clouded the inside of his faceplate" I've always thought that "interior" instead of "inside" sounds better in regards to a structure or accesory.
en extase chapter 2 . 4/23/2008
Enjoying this deeply thus far. A minor point is that you could easily avoid the use of the passive voice at "A thin waterfall was pattering down from the plateau above like a flickering silver chain from the sky." by replacing "was pattering" with "pattered".

You look like you know what you're doing. Keep going!
machinman chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Its good. I like the "non-violent" take to Halo. I'm glad someone see"s that a story in the Halo universe can be good even without violence. Also it seems you researched the game quite well and to that i salute you. Please make that next chapter soon.
Big D on a Diet chapter 5 . 3/16/2008
Very enjoyable so far. I'm tempted to ask for longer chapters, but the way you pace them makes them feel longer than they are. I'm enjoying the Chief/Cortana interaction a great deal, in particular how you're establishing that she's a creature of words, while he's someone who communicates through his actions.
HolyDragoon chapter 5 . 3/15/2008
Well, the Chief has his house now. Chez Chief?
Tynex chapter 4 . 3/4/2008
awesome.

I was thinking up a 'sequel' to the Halo 3 game as well, but this is actually well planned and thought out.

Very curious on how this is going to play out!
Chris000 chapter 4 . 3/4/2008
Its a very good concept. I think its very interesting to write a story on ehat happened right after the game. Watch the grammer a little bit and you'll be fine. Good work and keep it up
HolyDragoon chapter 3 . 3/2/2008
Hmm. Interesting. Waiting to see more.
Sith Lord Darth Revan chapter 3 . 2/29/2008
An interesting start. I look forward to seeing where it goes as there are few post Halo 3 fics that... actually follow-up the game well. No complains of this one so far and you seem to have a background knowledge of the books so I look forward to more.
La Aardvark chapter 3 . 2/28/2008
Very Nice. Your spelling is good, so is your grammar, and the story idea is apparently well thought out.
Spacefan chapter 3 . 2/28/2008
Fascinating story so far-I like it. Too bad the planet's inhabitants were obliterated by Halo because, from your description, they sound like they would have been interesting. Please hurry with an update...
Tremble Wolf chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
It seems like a good start, though some of your grammar and sentence structure need a little work. In your second paragraph you used the word "she" to start three sentences in a row, and I found myself looking down the page to see if it would last forever.

Don't get me wrong, this is good, but my advice is don't publish six chapters at once; wait until you've had some reviews and input so you can learn more.

Just keep a variety for starting words, sentence length, and descriptive words and you'll have a huge difference, even though the changes are very small.

-Tremble Wolf