Reviews for All Alone In The Night
Laura Harkness chapter 4 . 5/6/2008
hi there!

i'm glad to see you and THIS are both back. i've been waiting... tho it seems when i am writing this stuff i don't read as much as when i'm not, so i'm a bit behind the curve.

anywho, glad torchwood set you (your mind?) free...

beautiful, as usual, and dense, interesting, challenging writing... the best kind!

i have only positive thoughts. um. can't wait for more. you do keep us in suspense for long periods of time, don't you? (hint, hint, hint..)

hey, how are ya?

your friend,

laura
Nighthowler chapter 4 . 4/29/2008
So sorry I haven't reviewed in a while, but life does tend to get in the way.

However, finally finding the time to return to reading, I must say I was not disappointed in your latest chapter, and the introduction of a rarely used character. Glitz and Dibber! Two characters, actually, but what fun! I can't wait to see the chaos these two bring to an already chaotic situation.

You've obviously put a lot of thought into this, with a steady, forward moving plot that is laying the groundwork with careful consideration to the characters and action. I continue to enjoy this and look forward to the next chapter.

Thanks!
Nighthowler chapter 3 . 4/13/2008
Dare I hope the 'black haired' man is who I think it is? This horrible war would certainly fit in with his usual machinations. Oh, and a wicked cliffhanger, by the way. Worthy of the series at it's best, I must say.

Your descriptive narrative, despite a few spelling/grammar errors, continues to amaze me. It's so colorfully evocative, emotional without being too cloying. And it paints a very clear picture of the relationship between Ace and the Doctor. Reading it, I miss thier adventures all the more.

Thanks again, and PLEASE continue!
Nighthowler chapter 2 . 3/29/2008
The 7th Doctor and Ace. Not the easiest Doctor and companion to work with, but you've certainly tackled them with gusto and not only succeeded, but created something new and exciting as well. I love the new 'Doctor Who', but as a very, VERY old fan, I simply can't resist those few Classic adventures that sneak in to the huge volume of 9/10th fics floating around in the vortex.

Despite a few typos and confused sentence structures - my guess is Microsoft Word asserting its manically insane 'corrections' on your beautiful text - I have to say, with complete honesty, that your narrative is some of the most complex, descriptive and truly imaginative descriptions I've read in a long, LONG while. You put the reader there, in the midst of this alien world, and create the mental imagery to accompany it.

And your 7th Doctor is spot on. An alien, manipulative and sometimes mysterious character that leaves not only the reader, but Ace oftimes wondering exactly what he does know and isn't telling. And yet, peeking through, are those moments of caring that blunt the edge of what might otherwise be a frightening individual.

An excellent beginning! Please continue!

Oh, and I'm loving this: “The revolt is beginning my dear Ace and we have just been mistaken for Emmiline Pankhurst.” - totally, HEE!
Laura Harkness chapter 2 . 3/4/2008
VERY trippy! And sinister...

i like your (not quite sure if this is the right way to phrase it) "visuals" - i like how you take your time and describe things so thoroughly. im sure i don't have to give examples (but will anyways): 'gelatinous fluid' and 'obsidian eyes' - sophisticated language like that helps me SEE your story. i think, too, unlike a lot of what i read here this will stick in my imagination for awhile.

well done.

(had no idea about a 2009 bab-5. wow. after farscape b-5 is the 2nd best scifi series ever made...
OrbThesela chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
This was the strangest sky she had ever seen, it looked like someone dropping colored ink into water and mixing it... Loved this bit. Though I have just noticed that coloured is spelt wrong, damn AMERICAN settings!
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
you write well.

but there may be some typos(?):

"Neither he nor Ace should be stood there, but they were."

makes no sense to me.

i read this mainly because of the title.

did you forget a disclaimer for Babylon 5? (heh):

"The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace: a self-contained world five miles long located in neutral territory, a place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens, a shining beacon in space, all alone in the night."