Reviews for New Neighbors
Jynx Harvest chapter 32 . 8/22/2010
Wow, Demyx sure pukes a lot, hmm? xD
KierstenIsMyName chapter 124 . 7/8/2010
What! Where's the yaoi? The part where they go on the mission and make up? Where is the happy ending!
kdm13 chapter 124 . 6/2/2010
There, three long nights of reading and I finally finished. I have to say this explains a lot, wish I knew about this story earlier. Oh well.

This bit's for Axel. It's very hard to trust people.

There, I said it.

Also, since I forgot to ask before, I know it'd be late, but is there anything Demyx wants for his birthday? I consider myself spoiled with all the conversations and such and I feel bad not really doing anything in return. Just, you know, nothing physical, since that'd be impossible for me to give him and all.
just.an.anon chapter 124 . 1/27/2010
Okay, I broke my New Year’s resolution with this story & Losing the Melody, which was to leave a review for every chapter of every fanfic that I read because I’m one of those awful people who always forgets to review. But I just got so sucked into the story that I forgot.

I really, really enjoyed this fanfic. Demyx is my favorite organization member, and I’ve yet to read a better interpretation of his past than the one you’ve created. I love how you made him an immigrant from India; pure genius. Either you already had the knowledge, or you did some solid research on Indian food & sitars for this fic, and the more realistic and believable a fic is, the more I like to applaud the author. I had to google what a mezrab was and learned something new, and I love when I learn things because of good fanfiction.

Demyx’s entire past was excellent. It was angsty to the core and incredibly original. You did a fantastic job with his personality; the trust issues, the touching issues, the cultural issues, the social issues, everything. I loved seeing him progress from a scared, scrawny Edmy to a fun loving, mature Demyx.

I also loved, loved, loved your Axel. His back story was excellent, and I’m upset that we didn’t get a deeper look into it. I’m really hoping there’s more about it in one of your other stories. But then again, you gave us just enough information to understand Axel’s behavior, and since this story was primarily about Demyx, that was reasonable. One particular reason I loved your portrayal of Axel was because of his older brotherly instinct. I’m a big sister, and my parents unfortunately have to work a lot so I take care of my little sister a great deal of the time, so I can relate to your Axel in that regard. If something ever happened to my little sister, God forbid, and I had been in Axel’s position, I would have instinctively adopted Demyx as my new little brother too.

Axel’s abusive behavior while drunk was also a great plot device, what with his dad being a violent drunk and Demyx’s history with drunks. I just really wish he would have learned his lesson sooner or later, rather than history keep repeating itself. Demyx had every right to quit trusting him.

Which brings to my thoughts on how you ended the story…I was really hoping for a happy ending, which is why when I saw 124 was the final chapter after reading it I nearly had a conniption fit. But…I really was a good ending. It made sense. Of course Demyx would stop trusting Axel. He had seemingly been replaced, and Axel had continuously let him down with the whole drinking issue for five years. But then again, I really am sad that after 5 years of friendship and brotherhood, Demyx was so quick to cast it away. I don’t really know how you could do that to somebody who is like a brother to you. I’m a huge sap for sibling love.

I’m so glad the rest of your stories seem to tie into this same sort of universe. I’m dying for more, so I’m going to go on reading the rest of them in the order you listed on your profile. I read “Losing the Melody” first, so now I’ve got to backtrack.
A.D. Williams chapter 124 . 1/17/2010
Misunderstandings...once Dem stops being so...pessimistically angsty or whatever, he'll see that for himself. Anywho, great story. Loved your characterization of everyone, _
A.D. Williams chapter 120 . 1/17/2010
There had better be a happy ending. And by happy ending, I mean that someone gets an egg roll.

(Blame Robot Chicken for that random idea, lol!)
A.D. Williams chapter 115 . 1/17/2010
I had to find the song, just to hear it for myself. I was pretty dang close to the real thing to what I was playing in my head when reading this, lol! I can imagine Demyx singing that song, _ Cute!
A.D. Williams chapter 101 . 1/12/2010
Heh, reading this story in general is a bit of a cultural experience, lol! The most 'exotic' food I've probably ever eaten would be...hell, I can't think of anything! I've eaten at a Japanese restaurant but it wasn't anything I've never had before...so um, yeah. Interesting stuff you have here. _
A.D. Williams chapter 98 . 1/12/2010
Wow...go Dem on the crazy act! HE might not have liked doing it and all (totally understandable) but I think it makes for a great practical joke at the absolute least. Gonna have to try that...xD!
A.D. Williams chapter 94 . 1/11/2010
If I were in the Org, above probably all else, I'd put giving Vexen hell my number one priority. I don't exactly /hate/ him, he's just...a bit of a prick, that's all. :)
A.D. Williams chapter 92 . 1/11/2010
R.I.P Chompers...

After three sets of Japanese fighting fish (Or beta fish, I think...), I believe I'm done with those particular pets. Two killed each other, the other two we left with someone else and the last two I came home from school to find...deceased. Think I'll just stick to dogs...
A.D. Williams chapter 90 . 1/11/2010
Heh...after 90 chapters, then she claims she's bored of the story. I guess not so much, considering I have 34 chapters to go! And although this story is 124 chapters, I'm happy the chapters in themselves are short...it makes it fun and quick to read, even what others might consider filler. _
A.D. Williams chapter 89 . 1/11/2010
Is it me, or did I sense a bit of longing in Xigbar's attitude to go with Demyx and Axel and do the very things he told them not to do?
A.D. Williams chapter 87 . 1/11/2010
Aw! Brotherly bonding! (Wasn't aware until about half-way through that this was simply one of those sorts of stories.

*snickers* Guy Love...curse you Scrubs...
A.D. Williams chapter 86 . 1/11/2010
Oh, I wanna join in the pillow fight! As long as element usage is banned...I haven't lost my heart (yet?) so I don't exactly have one...
1,065 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »