Reviews for Wayward Son
cozmikfaerie chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
this was very good, it captured the feeling I think of that episode, which was totally awesome!
Duckie Nicks chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
This is really great. Your descriptions here are amazing, something you should be incredibly proud of. There are plenty of decent descriptive passages out there, but this really invokes the scene. The rain-drenched cement in particular with the slapping of frantic steps - that's perfect. Really, it's just lovely.

The characterization here is great. Sometimes death fics sound very generic, but this isn't like that at all. Everything Dean thinks is very in character and specific. There's nothing generic about it. And I like how, even though he's dying, Dean still wants Sam to live on. That seems very much in line with what's been presented to me on the show.

But it never comes across as cheesy or trite. There's something still very real and down to earth about it. You never lose sight of what's happening or go for the lame line.

And lastly, I like the lyrics you chose, along with the title. They don't feel extraneous or an after thought. They really do feel natural, and it completely works with what you're doing. Great job! :-)