Reviews for The Angel Sees, the Angel Knows
MaJuLiSaMi chapter 20 . 6/15
Whoa. What a hauntingly beautiful story. So believable and true to character, so sad, so intense. I really love this story, it is so wellwritten, there are so very few stories with such intriguing description of Erik's music and of the complex connection between him and Christine. You made me smile and you made me cry -and most of all you made me happy with this excellent story. Thank you for sharing it!
MaggiesWorld chapter 20 . 1/24/2012
omgoodness that final paragraph... no words... and Erik's death scene~ i was sobbing. BRAVA! lovely work.
Amateur Des Trappes chapter 20 . 5/29/2011
I love how you seamlessly wove Leroux and Kay together and I found Christine and Erik's final moments to be beautiful and haunting. Well done.
Nyxih chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Brilliant, I loved it!
jlgrant chapter 20 . 11/27/2008
I know I am quite late with this review, but I have just sat and read the whole story through. And, wow, is all I have to say really! I thought the whole thing was marvellous! And the ending was brilliant, this is definately one I will be re reading!

Thank you!
debkay chapter 20 . 9/18/2008
Oh my - I cried when I read the first chapter, I cried when Erik & Christine married (and what happeneded after that-not to spoil it for someone else) and I cried at this chapter.

What a story! Where in the world did you get such incredible thoughts to put this glorious story together? I absolutely loved it! Will read it again and again!
fantomesrose chapter 20 . 9/11/2008
I very much enjoyed this story and have to say it is probably now one of my most favorites I have read. I love how you portrayed Erik and the scene where Erik and Christine marry and he dies was one of the most heartwrenching and beautiful scenes I have ever read. It reminded me very much of Kay in fact. Very good job, and I will definitely be reading more of your work.
Softiful chapter 20 . 8/28/2008
I like the touch of unsettled-ness(?) you gave to the end. Also, many post-Erik fics that have Christine and Erik usually display Christine as not being able to have any more children besides Erik's, so I am glad you didn't do that.

Why did Charles never know about Erik? He should have been told. Or maybe he will trace his roots back to the opera house?
YunaDax chapter 19 . 7/21/2008
Wow.. I must admit I was rather dubious of finding fanfic about Phantom, but this has serious done the book (and stage show.. musical and movie) some serious justice.

Well done!
Chantal chapter 18 . 6/20/2008
Well... It's not so much that the last chapter was 'craptacular' so much as it's just an aspect of the Kay story that I really, really dislike and disagree with. Thus, despite how well-written it was, it was a bit of a chore for me to get through and I really just couldn't wrap my head around Christine's mentality that she felt sorry for Erik and insisted that even on his death bed that they had to make love. I don't know. It just seemed like a needless action - I'm a firm believer that the love between Christine and Erik transcended any physical consummation and the act, particularly here, seems awkward and out of place. Erik would have died happy that Christine came back to see him; adding the love scene and the resulting child is just the sort of wishful thinking that I tend to think negates the tragic messages of the story.

That's just my opinion though; and it does not reflect on my feelings about your writing style - only my feelings about the essence of the story. My apologies if I just can't muster up the same enthusiasm for the remainder of the story (and it wasn't as if I didn't know it was coming, going by the first chapter!). It's been a fun ride though. :)
Madhatter45 chapter 17 . 6/11/2008
*Nothing can express the extreme measure of trauma and sadness I feel at this moment*...But on to other things (lol), this was amazing! However there were some parts I disagree with (just a tiny little bit) but I understand this was from Christine's point of view and the individual is going to be hardest on themselves than anyone else, but it's just that when Christine was saying she was shallow and conceited (I do agree a little...) but I don't think she was that cruel (in that way) to Erik. Do I think she was disgusted by his face, yes, the abnormality of it was very striking but I do think despite it she might have ended up with him if he didn't kidnap and violently obsess over her.

For it is a given that is just not the best way to establish trust (lol but I do realize Erik felt he had no other options). I guess what I'm trying to say is what happened to Erik wasn't just Christine's (as many people love to blame it on her) and society's fault. I don't think you were trying to say it was all Christine's fault its just that after so many immature fanfics filled with Christine bashing you get a little touchy. But I still love the choices you made in this chapter because it was good to expose some of Christine's faults to show how she too grew from the situation.

Anyway I still ADORE this story! You were made to write POTO fanfics and after this story you simply MUST continue! I don't even care if you kill Erik in the first chapter (though that would be sad) your writing is worth reading even without our precious phantom. (But I will make the suggestion of a living bride story. Lol.)
pastheart chapter 17 . 6/11/2008
'When your time comes, you shall find my soul waiting for yours in that eternal darkness...I shall guide you through the shadows, and we will depart to whatever is beyond that darkness - together!'

Wonderful line. Can't wait for the next chapter. Thank you for not making Christine so selfish as to not care what happens to Erik.
Verify Me chapter 17 . 6/11/2008
Why? oh Why? the story was perfectly in character and beautifully written. I was so happy to see and RC story and then, at the very end. :(

Anyway, you wrote an amazing story and you should be very proud of it, but my RC sensibilities are somewhat hurt.
Madhatter45 chapter 16 . 6/10/2008
*Cries buckets upon buckets of tears* OH GOD! *SOB* I-I knew you were gonna do this, I saw this coming, I've even read it in the orginal a million times...and yet its still get's so-o-o-o-o-o-o UPSET! *Obnoxiously blows her nose* A-Alright I think I can move on...*Sniff* its time to start living again... hopefully ...(*Starts putting back together the pieces of her life* Lol. Oh by the way did you know it was actually a grosshopper not a frog.)
Verify Me chapter 15 . 6/2/2008
Ah finally an accurate rendition of the phantom of the opera, where everyone is in CHARACTER! YES! Thank you. Great chapter.