Reviews for By Choice
Katiki chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Hi K Hanna,

I've read all your stories (except for the most recent ones I have just discovered) and enjoyed them immensely. You say this story is your 200th, yet only 161 are listed here. Dare I hope there are 40 more stories somewhere I have yet to read? (Yes, I am being greedy-I should just be thankful you are so prolific!)(And by "only 161" I really mean "Wow! What a great big treasure trove!")

Ahem. Now for my review. I liked the way you seamlessly interwove the story back and forth from Dean to Sam without skipping a beat. I thought it was so quintessentially Dean that he wouldn't take the antidote even when assured his brother would live as well, on the off chance this was a lie and Sam could still get his cure somehow. I thought when Sam said the Old Ones had found what they were looking for that he meant Dean going above and beyond selflessness. But I wasn't sure and thought it could also mean Sam and Dean *both* being willing to sacrifice themselves for the other (as in the other examples given, *only one* of the pair had passed the test.) I personally would've liked a bit more of a hint there.

You say you like being alerted to typos and I am good at finding those. I haven't seen any yet, but have come across the odd little missing word (I'll track down the others I noticed.) In this story, I thought there might be a "like" missing in "but the distance to the wall seemed - miles."

Thanks for the great (and great many) stories!
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Wow, you really do a great job with these stories. I loved this one, especially that Dean wouldn't just take their word that Sam had his own antidote to take, he stubbornly refused to take the one he had until he saw with his own eyes that his brother was okay. That's totally Dean! And the end was spot on, too-Dean uncomfortable with what Sam is oh-so-subtly trying to say. :)
americanbeauty252 chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
As with all of your stories, great job! I don't think I've actually reviewed you yet (I have a bad case of senioritis and it's bleeding into non-college related aspects of my life...), but I've read every story at least once. I was re-reading this story (instead of working on my thesis *bg*) and I noticed that in the authors note you said that this is your 200th fanfic, but you only have 154 listed. Can I expect to see more from you soon? Keep up the good work and thanks for giving me so many good excuses to take a break from school work!
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
That was really heartfelt. Good job on it!
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
That was awesome - I adore the simplicity you manage to tell your stories in. No needless stuff to distact from a good Dean&Sam moment...
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Oh, that was quite a tricky one with a creative and convincing writing style. The story was really imaginative and marvellously suspensefully written. Your characterizations rocked to no end! I so loved for both of them making good of their word and dedication for each other, and being utterly surprised when it seemingly refuses to work according to their wishes! Dean not believing the entity was so much in character while Sam still is naive enough to accept the fact it was a test after some hesitation.

Did I mention how hard your listing hit me of those pairs of which only one returned... I know it's really a tough and cruel decision to inflict upon someone but having only one side live through it, revealing that not both of them were equally strong minded, that really hurts.

I also enjoyed your idea of old ones that could not be defeated. It's a troubling thought.
PADavis chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
I have had the absolutely best time reading your stories. I wrote a long and impassioned rave review of Back Here Again and the site ate it. Ah well.

Your stories are brilliant. They are edited so perfectly that I cannot find it in myself to argue that you should write a multi-chapter fic. Your characterization is so believable and so internally consistant that each story is a chapter in what is now a 200 chapter long fic. Congratulations. You've made me laugh and cry and believe in a claustrophobic Dean.

I've been working my way up the list, and very relieved to know I still have a ways to go to catch up. I'm so a huge fan. I hope you are getting a lot of review and the attention I feel you so well deserve.

Phoebe
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Was there ever a fic more quintessentially DeannSam? I think not! :) I had a pretty good idea where you were going with this, but the execution was great! And very true to character...Dean hanging on with stubborness (born of fear and protectiveness) and Sam figuring things out, detaching himself just enough to see but then having to trust his instincts and believe in a good outcome. And in the end? They both save the day. A fun read!
NC Girl chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Very clever! And you did a great job with the quick scene changes. That could have easily been confusing, but you handled it exceptionally well.

And congratulations on completing #200! What an accomplishment, especially since there isn’t a disappointing one in the bunch! Now, get back to work because I, for one, can’t wait to read #300! :)
Rat chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
very well written. great story!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
This was a very powerful story with gorgeous characterizations and a highly imaginative plot.

I figured the Old One's intent pretty early on but that didn't lessen the tension or the entertainment I had reading it one bit.

Typical, Dean refused to take the antidode before seeing Sam with his own eyes, even when the entity told him his brother was already safe.

Oh, and congrats on your 200th story; you truly did yourself proud with this one! *bows in awe*
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Love stories that take a risk stylistically but never deviate from the heart of what we love about SN; the relationship between the brothers. You really captured the power of those emotions, of that connection here. Nice work.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
I like how you cut back and forth between the brothers. When they each decided to save the other, that is the Dean and Sam we love.

I could picture Dean still refusing to use the medicine until he saw Sam alive and well in front of him.

I love that the 'Old One' finally found the answer he was looking for from the Winchesters.

Enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it with us.

Take care.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Congradulation on your 200th SN story! :)

I love the ones you post here so far so keep going...

Never saw that episode of Space 19 but it sounds very good.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Ohh! This story deserves my brother-in-law's secret family recipe chocolate chip cookies...however he never taught me how to make them. It's the thought that counts right? Congrats! Great fic as always.
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »