Reviews for Finding Paradise
sarapals with past50 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
This is so sad, and I am crying. It is very true to the Gil Grissom character we've come to know! Very good-no, it is excellent!
csi chickyy chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
i cried

how sad

u killed gil
ilovegsr chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Oh hell, I can't even see to write this. My kids keep asking me whats wrong. I want to just sit and ball. I always appreciate your stories but I just don't know if I appreciate this story or not. You obviously did it right to get me this upset but damn. LOL! Ok, I have got to go pull myself together before my daughters ball game. Thanks for writing, I think! LOL!
paperback-romance chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
That was very powerful. You have a beautiful way of writing really sad things like this. Great story!
tiana3826 chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
WOW...This whole trilogy was so powerful. I read the first installment and just found the other two this morning. I have to say these three are part a VERY few that have ever made me cry. You are an extremely talented writer! Keep it up :)
stareagle chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
this has to be one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. I was so touched by the your characterization of Gil and Sara's last years together- the legacy they left for the next generations and the response of his students.

I loved the peace that pervades this story - the calm acceptance of a life well led as it ebbs and ends.

“Perhaps it’s time someone, namely an outsider like me, shows them the beauty in which they live,” I replied. “Maybe I should show them what I see in this place.”

How true this perspective is... we can live in beautiful places and be blind to the beauty and bounty around us. the passion of their love blends so beautifully with the passion of his insight of his life.

"She gives no words of reprimand, because even though she agonizes that I over-tire myself, she loves me enough to let me live as I must."

This is the same perspective a parent needs to have as they watch their children move on with their lives in adulthood... letting go is never easy- but you have given Sara a grace and stregth that is truly admirable.

"Part of me wonders how they will remember this trip in ten or twenty years. I remember my own at their age and think of it with a fondness. I hope they remember the trip fondly, with no grief and no sorrow."

Again these sentiments and reflections resonate with me, a parent and a teacher.

Tears rise again as I reread this story that has captured a tenderness and strenth that inspires me. None of us want our time with loved ones to end. But may it come with the grace and beauty you have imagined.

Happy Easter to you and those who believe.

Thank you for sharing a most beautiful tale.
KimCSI chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Can I just say that this was extremely well written. I had tears in my eyes at the end! Well done :)
CSIgsrFANOH chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Wow! I have never before cried, really cried, while reading a fanfic. I must say, I had to stop and leave my computer for a while before I could finish. I came back and tried to finish and ended up in tears again. Wow. Really very sweet and tender.

I had a very hard time getting past:

"I intently stare into her eyes, as I feel my time drawing to a close. An agony of emotion washes over me as I give in to the sobs that I have thus far withheld, and I feel her shaking in grief of what’s to come."

I loved it!
katyrye chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
hey girl, its me. I don't cry much ( cue the music). I sometimes don't have reasons to anymore. But, this story was so eautiful and I simply loved it. It was sad but, I was listening to " say" by john mayor.. at the same time.. and i just cried..Ive been so busy i haven't read restart. Im afraid once I finish I wont stop to work or anything. Good job. love your work.. and your co author did great as well,- katyrye
22114 chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Phhew, I don't blame you, I blame myself. I should have known better than to read this while at work. I cried when I read the previous ones, and I cried when I read this. What a beautiful story, I can't believe how great you are at this. I think this last one is my favourite, it was like I heard his voice in my head, and I'm having a real hard time making the tears stop right now. Thank you so much for this...
Relishb91 chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
STOP MAKING ME CRY! NO MORE PARADISE STORIES!
JellybeanChiChi chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
I had to come to this story four times before I could get passed the line, "For a moment, I feel like I can’t breathe, knowing I’ll have to say goodbye to the baby before it’s ever born."

I'm glad I finished it because it is beautiful. Her words, "It's OK to say goodbye," are beautiful words we all fear saying out loud, don't we?

Beautifully written. But I'm still misty. Thanks.
seattlecsigeek chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Wow, what a story. It was touching and sad, yet at the same time beautiful.

I literally had tears streaming down my face as I read this.

I thought it was evocative and very well written.

Kudos.
Moo Marie chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
The added touches are especially nice. Well done.
hinaths chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Gosh, that made me cry... That was one of your most beautiful stories i got to read there. Thanks a lot, though i wouldn't like Gil to die... Thanks again