Reviews for A Fine Line
Kim chapter 8 . 12/28/2014
I thought your story was sweet. Thank you for writing and sorry to hear about your previous issues :(
AutumnDragons chapter 7 . 8/20/2011
loved this! :) they're so sweet!
241marina241 chapter 7 . 12/28/2008
love this stor fab writer
Ella chapter 8 . 5/29/2008
That. Was. Great! Yay. I'm glad they were a bit OOC. Makes it more interesting.

WTF! An effin capital B! So the eff what! Jesus Christ. And seriously, they have her giving a BJ, and THAT'S acceptable? And Christ Jesus. Anal sex w/Lucius? That's not OOC? Is there something they know that we don't? (Sorry, I'm a fellow ranter.)

Your story was good. I enjoyed the characters' OOC-ness, and the "shit kittens." I LIKE how you have it (the beginning) in a way that you know it's from the movie, since it has relevancy to the story, and since you have to effin acknowledge it's from tje movie.

I'll stop now. Good story.;)
bgreenwivy chapter 7 . 5/22/2008
This was a great bed time story read.
Mary-La chapter 7 . 5/18/2008
love it! awesomeness! D *claps*
farae chapter 8 . 5/18/2008
haha. I like ur letter at the end.

I also heart the referenece to Donne poetry... 'A Valediction Forbidding Mourning' is my favorite of his works.

I love the story as a whole. This is one of the first DM HG fics i have read and im inclined to read more after this. Thanks!

Flik
reader3287 chapter 5 . 5/4/2008
Love the story. Alan Rickman is truly a God. Glad to see someone shares my opinion. :)
reader3287 chapter 8 . 5/4/2008
I greatly enjoyed this story, and hope to see more jewels like it one from you. It was very well written. I love the rant at the end, because I personally would have had the same responses. :)

I respectfully salute you, from one dumb yank to another.

Shit kittens...priceless
Veronica chapter 9 . 5/3/2008
I LOVE this story!It is so heart-warming and funny!I congratulate you on your excellent ability to make a story truly fasinating!
KonekoKawaii chapter 8 . 5/2/2008
truthfully those assholes who rejected you were full of shit cuz I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS STORY... i think you captured hermoine at her best and even if draco wasa "bit" too much of a softy if fit together perfectly...i love the ending...i wanna find love so asa true as that one day! i feel you did a great job and i'll be sure to read more of your stories even if snape isn't one of my favorite characters...GREAT JOB...and those asses deserve to be told off
faitaccompli23 chapter 9 . 4/30/2008
Amazing, astounding, marvelous; you know what,this story doesn't deserve these words: it was PHENOMENAL! Great job! I think that if you had also added an epilogue for the story, maybe visiting Malfoy Manor(?) It would have given it a more closed; well, closing. All in all, it was one of my fav. stories I've read on this site. The letter was horrible; I can't believe they didn't submit yours, I think it wouldve won.

Sincerely, and with sympathy,

quillpen95
Coral K chapter 9 . 4/29/2008
First of all, good job. I read this story before (I'm fairly certain it was the "pre-beta" version), and I'm actually very pleasently surprised at the improvements.

I feel the need to mention my reaction to The Rejection Letter. I think that although they are well within their rights to decide for themselves which stories to accept or not to accept, they should have accepted yours. I can understand their grumpyness about the run-ons and use of commas, because they have to have standards. It's nice for a reader to be able to go through a fanfiction archive and be able to read every story.

This being said, I don't think yours was bad at all. They're just a little strict.

The problems with the form ... That makes me angry. I've had a lot of issues with forms before too, so I know where you're coming from with the "extremely complicated submission form". They should find a way of explaining forms so that people don't get mixed up! And the script part ... I thought it was WONDERFUL! It separates the stuff that's your own plot from the stuff you've directly borrowed. Personally, I really like that.

Now for the important part: I thought your characters were brilliant. I've seen them WAY more OOC! It's FANFICTION! You shouldn't be penalized for having your own view about how characters should be portrayed! I mean ... if Draco had to be the way JK portrayed him, I don't see how Hermione could like him at all! He has to either be OOC or go through a REALLY big change in order for their relationship to make any sense at all. It actually makes me angry that they used this as an excuse not to accept your story. The "Out of the boundaries" thing for Hermione is especially annoying because you kept it very close as far as I can tell. The way JK characterizes isn't through direct description on their characters, it's through their actions! This means that everyone's going to think of it differently! She's EXTREMELY consistant to the way I view her, and I'm assuming it's similar with you because you wrote her this way.

Argh! I'm shaking my head at the evil people who are stupid. I thought I'd tell you that because you can't see it.

I've just realized how much I've typed here, so I'm going to stop right away. I just want to say, in conclusion, that your story was really good (especially compared to the old version), and that even though they do make valid points, they're taking them too far. I'm thinking along the lines of ... a stick. Strategically placed. Where they're going to sit soon.

Anyways good luck with the writing. Don't let people get you down.
anglbby989 chapter 9 . 4/28/2008
I think I know which site you tried to use. All I can say is that they were horribly wrong. If this is the same story that you intended to post there, it truly is amazing. I though it was very well written, and a higher caliber than some of the other stories they have. Your characters in this story were not terribly OOC. AS for grammer and spelling mistakes, I didn't notice many at all. This specific website that you originally posted to, is known for there stringent policies on how stories should be done. Fanfiction is just that. Fanfiction. It is written for all creative purposes. I did love the story. I'm hoping to see more from you soon.
Padfoot7Prongs chapter 9 . 4/28/2008
Mkay, so I liked your story before, for the story itself, but when i read your letter it made it so much better! I was laughing so hard my sides ached! thank you for that!haha