Reviews for Alliance of Enemies
FractiousDay chapter 25 . 6/17
So now I've finished this, and my earlier concerns remain valid. It's really boring. I expected some kind of AU from the description, but you've literally novelised the films. I don't understand why. Nothing's changed, even with Leia and Vader knowing each other apparently every scene happens exactly the same, which is ridiculous. Just why?
FractiousDay chapter 9 . 6/17
I'd just like to say before I get any further into this, why have you decided to just write the scenes from the films? At least 2/3rds of the chapters have gone over things we already know, with little or no difference despite the AU tag. Why not just have Vader asking Leia to kill the Emperor, then Vader having crashed. That would eliminate all the meaningless stuff, like most of this chapter, the later part of which changes nothing except for the last 6 lines.
guest chapter 25 . 5/9
This is fantastic! Usually, I don't like first pov stories, but this is an exception. The tone and characterization is spot on. Also, how you've integrated a/p's history into Leia's really ties the whole thing together. Saw that you haven't updated since 2009; hope everything is okay!
ShatteredDestiny chapter 25 . 4/7
Too bad this story died. It was great and you're a very good writer. Really enjoyed this...
jedijinnora chapter 25 . 4/6
This is great! You did an amazing job of weaving this into the original trilogy. Seeing as it hasn't been updated since 2009, I'm guessing this won't be finished, which is a shame. I particularly liked the additional Bespin romance scene between Han and Leia - that really added to the emotion of the carbonite chamber lines. Well done.
Very interesting take on the story... hope it gets seen to the someday, but honestly wouldn't be totally opposed if you'd ended it last chapter. It was a decent stopping point with room for a future sequel but satisfying even with one.
a chapter 25 . 2/23
Just discovered this. Sad it's not finished. Hope you come back to it some time.
Darksnider05 chapter 13 . 2/7
You really like shoehorning Jix into your stories even if it detracts from the narrative? The moment he walked into the base Leia should of called a code and had the base evacuated.
Jaida Vance chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
Please finish the story. It has been years since your last post. I am eager to see this finished. PLEASE
Ribke D'Crazy chapter 5 . 10/24/2015
Leia: Oh my God! He killed Kenoby!

Luke: YOU BASTARD!
MissCHSparkles chapter 24 . 8/24/2015
Just read this story again and really enjoyed it. I really hope that at some point you can update this because it's a really awesome story and I don't think I've ever come across one like it before. I really want to see how things go down on Coruscant as I assume Leia is planning to meet with Vader and give her a piece of her mind. And if Luke's there, that'll be even more interesting.
DarthMagis chapter 25 . 6/22/2015
*Best Vader-esque voice* I find your lack of updates disturbing...

Seriously, though, I'm literally on the edge of my seat after reading this all in one long marathon session. I just now realized it's after 8 am, and I haven't been to bed yet. Oops.

I love this story. I've never seen this premise before; almost every Leia/Vader story has her just about spitting with unreasoning hatred of Vader, even if the story has him almost dying, or actually dying, doing the right thing in the end.

I love that your portrayal is totally in character for them both, at the same time giving them a lot more of a three-dimensional personality than we really got to see in the movies.

Good job, very impressive.

And, please, please update soon. I'm dying here.
2maluv chapter 25 . 6/16/2015
This is so so good! There are never enough Leia fics that focus on her and her father. I can't believe all the canon events still happened though :( I was hoping that Luke wouldn't have his hand chopped off and Leia would realise that Vader is actually her father and so all the Skywalkers could take down Palpatine together. Hopefully that will happen eventually though? I hope this fic gets continued one day! :)
2maluv chapter 14 . 6/16/2015
Leia is so the rebellious teenage daughter here :')
Still LMFAO :D
2maluv chapter 13 . 6/16/2015
Hahahahaha I love this! Leia is such a spitfire it's awesome. And Vader sending Jix is pretty much a father sending his precious daughter an escort so all the other men stay away :') I'm seriously sitting here cackling to myself this is so good and so funny in the ironic way.