Reviews for An Age Old Question
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
awww
Cheerfully Blue chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Aww, that's cute. But it makes me so sad to think of Aragorn/young Estel growing up and getting old. I have grown to love them/him. I normally don't like the fanfics when he's all grown and old and has a kingdom to run, and troublesome kids, and Arwen is completely OOC and is being an annoying stupid wife becuase I don't like the fact that Aragorn is OLD. Ugh, it makes me sad that he does eventually die leaving Legolas, and Elladan, and Elrohir behind.

But I really do like the fic, even if it does remind me of the fact that Aragorn is old and is going to die (ahhh... so sad!).
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
How in the world did I miss finding this story? Well, suffice that I found it today and greatly enjoyed it. Poor Aragorn! Starving himself unintentionally, working too hard, being a new father... it all adds up to take its toll and sometimes you have to have a friend to come straighten you out. Very nice friendship and family fic. Hope you don't mind that I nominated it for the 2011 MEFA, since apparently it's never competed before. Can't imagine why it hasn't!
Lotessele chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Hey

Very good piece, I was unsure at first as I'm still pretty much in my Aragorn adoration phase and I'm ultra-sensitive about ridiculous. I loved the scene with Eldarion, it's adorable, and gives the first step of tired-overworked-half-starved-etc. Actually reminds me of another fic I'm currently reading, a fantastic House MD piece where we find the same symptoms, in someone who seems unable to decipher them (and actually, both are "healers").

Age is sure a sensitive theme ! Aragorn being nearly 90 when he becomes King, gets married and has his first child presents a huge basis for "I'm old" stories (which I don't usually like... yours being the exception !). I find very funny to think, with everything Aragorn goes through (in books, movies, and esp. fanfics) he manages to die of old age.

I love when authors don't spend the story nose on their screen and we can find little pieces of distraction here and there - Aragorn's words to his son, "gradually", Legolas not wanting to announce his name... I particularly loved Legolas pround to sound like Elrond.

I'm happy to add your story to my favorites - before taking the time to read your other works. Your name was added to my list of "LotR authors to look at" so I may be writing you again.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Poor Aragorn...I bet he longs for the days of being in the wild, fighting orcs and wolves...you know, the EASY life! I can imagine how incredibly difficult and stressful it must have been to go from a free-roaming Ranger to a king working day in and out to serve his people. Then to change from bachelorhood to husband, then father...while exciting and however longed for, still a great adjustment in lifestyle and responsibilities. It's good to know that he had friends watching out for him.

So was it just exhaustion or something more nefarious?
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Firefly-ish chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Beautiful!

I enjoyed reading this very much, and the image of Aragorn walking the halls at night with his baby in his arms will surely keep me occupied for some time...

This story deserves more reviews, so come on people! Dont be shy!
baby green eyes chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
A-M-A-ZING!

Wonderful. I loved each and every part of it. Aragorn. Eldarion. Legolas. Arwen. Legolas...*sighs dreamily* Tehehe.

Please continue writing stories like this! Its AWESOME!

~BGE ]
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Loved this fic, Nef. It's a nice way of honoring Aragorn's birthday. :)

~Cal
imaginigma chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
That was a very nice story. I especially liked the last part, the conversation between Legolas and Aragorn. it is always so comforting to think that those two are still friends after the war.

Nicely done! :o)
Elwen chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Aw. This is a lovely tale and beautifully told. Thank you for sharing it.
Aelaer chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Aww! This was fantabulous, and well worth the wait! Funny how Legolas can solve the stubborn man's problems in 5 minutes.

Heheh, another reviewer wondering when the Aragorn in Gondor story is. *snerk* Well, maybe you can write it in between your shorts :)

Again, this was fabulous. Thank you, mellon nin!

Oh, also! Check out theoneringDOTnet! If you check out the entry for March 1st, you see my drawing! zomg!

Ok I'm done
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Heart warming and enjoyable. I would imagine our version of Aragorn would age faster than Tolkien's as we give him such gruelling adventures!
Midnight Promise chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Hey,

“Stop complaining, Estel, and stop worrying. Eldarion will be fine, and neither Gondor nor her king are about to fall to pieces. Now drink your tea.”

Lol, Legolas sounds just like a mother hen! Perfect ending! It was great job you did and I really enjoyed reading it! :D I DO hope there will be more. . . Such as the Twins coming for Aragorn's birthday and helping Legolas with Eldarion! Haha, the outcome of that is scary to think about! _~

Hope everything is going great!

Take care,

Midnight Promise
Gord and V chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
This was adorable and so wonderful to read. I love how Aragorn was such a good father and how cute Eldarion was. Lovely job.

Peace out boy scout,