Reviews for Once A Thief
Bostie chapter 1 . 11/12/2019
Thief was so cool because I really hadn’t expected the twist of Robert having amnesia. Hebis usually written as the ultimate unstoppable hero but I liked that you gave him a vulnerability of being uncertain of where he stood with himself as well as Anna. Loved that you brought in Mac and Robin and really loved Alex getting them all out of the country. A perfect ending no matter how much I wanted it to continue.
I started Strangers today. Cannot wait to see where you take me.
Bostie chapter 32 . 11/11/2019
Awwwww, perfect ending to a beautiful RnA story. As usual, so well written and vibrant that they fairly jump off the page. Thank you so much for writing and sharing your take on these characters with your readers.
4gcrazyme chapter 24 . 4/23/2019
Omg, I love your story, & writing!
Guest chapter 32 . 1/17/2019
Thank you! This was such a perfect RnA reunion story! I love these characters. Please write more Robert and Anna stories. You are such a wonderful writer!
Tracy chapter 32 . 10/17/2018
What a great story! I miss Anna and Robert so much.
BoandNora-ItsOneWord chapter 32 . 9/29/2018
This was such a great story. I really hope you write more RnA stories. They were such an amazing couple and it just breaks my heart that they were not endgame. I am happy they got it in this story. Great job.
4gcrazyme chapter 1 . 6/13/2018
Wow! I have found some great writers in these online pages, but I truly believe you are the best!
ReetSLP chapter 32 . 3/31/2018
I could have sworn that I reviewed this before, but apparently, I didn't, which shocks me considering how many times I've read it. This is absolutely one of my favorite stories. I actually get in "I need to read 'Once a Thief'" moods! It is such a well written, engrossing tale, that I think it would have sucked me in even if it hadn't been about my favorite characters/couple. The plot, the interactions, the dialogue- everything is perfect. You capture all the characters voices so well & give life to the new characters you've created. Thanks for writing such an awesome Robert & Anna reunion story!
Sierra chapter 32 . 5/15/2015
My God, I can't express how perfect this story was. You wrote RnA so accurately, and with such an enthralling, perfectly paced plot. The presence of the other characters was enjoyable and a great addition, too. It was much longer than any other fanfic I've read and I wished it wouldn't end. This totally consumed me and I'm not ashamed to say I loved every minute of it! I was taken on the roller-coaster ride of emotions that only Robert and Anna can inflict, and it makes me wish wholeheartedly that this return/reunion story could have been the one they were given. Thank you so much for this, and I look forward to reading more of your work. :)
catkthompson chapter 32 . 2/20/2015
Great story! I spent way too much time reading this today and not nearly enough time getting work done! Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 32 . 11/4/2014
I love this story! I was so sorry when got to the end. Will definitely come back to read it again in the future.
Robert and Anna are my favorite couple of all time. They were meant to be together but were never together enough on the show! You write them so well and the uniqueness in your story is wonderful. Very well written from beginning to end.
Thank you for sharing!
ninepen chapter 7 . 10/10/2014
Quite the theme for this chapter, things happening for a reason...none more so than Anna chancing upon that store at just the time when the one item to turn her head was there. And I'm sure Holly was lovely, I know a lot of people adored her, but she was gone before I started following GH - Anna, I'm glad you didn't send Robin off to Australia! They make a great pair, those two, and Anna would have been *miserable* without Robin nearby.
ninepen chapter 6 . 10/9/2014
Anna asking about a new family...that is the *worst* in the various back-from-the-dead stories, when the spouse left behind truly loves both people, and both are good people, and you wish somehow the person could be with both...so I'm glad you aren't putting us through that here! Tooooo tragic on top of what's already a tragedy. But of course Anna would wonder.

And it just hit me the sort-of-parallel, that Robert has a scar now, and Anna used to have one...well, a fake one anyway! That was before I watched GH but YouTube is a lovely thing.

Robin wrapped "Robbie" around her little finger without even trying...so not surprising that we see here that a couple of kids have stolen his heart. Maybe something in him instinctively remembers in some way that he's a father. And Anna *not* using Robin to get to him is perfectly in character, since it's just what she did in the beginning. He doesn't know her well enough now to know that.

I love the maturity in the romantic aspects of this, you know, the characters aren't that young anymore, and they're in fairly ugly circumstances, so it's just these little sparks, which don't override reason in either of them.
ninepen chapter 5 . 9/21/2014
The convo between Mac and Robin feels very real. Robin's had that solid foundation and she's a strong young woman. I love her "Yeah, *me*," when Mac asks if anyone helped make Anna happy. It speaks to her self-confidence - she *knows* the efforts she went to made at least a little difference.

The nod to the fact that Mac raised Robin from the time her parents "died" was nice. I adored Mac so much when he first came on GH, his attitude and the sense of danger around him, though you knew - or strongly suspected - he was a good guy at heart. But remember the earthquake, when he tied Anna up and I think she was in her nightie? Holy moly! That made me nervous. I think they mellowed him up too much and I wasn't fond of how they wrote him later, but him stepping into Robin's life in that gaping pit left behind by her parents' death, that was a good story for him too. It's nice to see him stepping up to look out for Robin, and for Anna still now.

"The one time he couldn't bring her mother back, he had died trying." Oh, so tragic! So nicely put. I remember that whole "black box" storyline and just loving it, as people began to doubt Anna (I think Mac also doubted her?), and maybe even Robert had a few doubts, I don't recall now, but it *didn't matter*, he loved her, he wasn't walking away from her like he did in the beginning, and instead did everything and gave everything to try to save her. You encapsulate that utter commitment to her here beautifully.

LOL, that is SO Robert. *Annoyingly* by-the-books at times. And it goes all the way back to their beginnings, in that flashback of the moment he leaves her, when he tells her something along the lines of her making him into a liar, something he's never been before, and it's phenomenal acting because it doesn't sound trite, you really believe that it's nearly broken him to cover up her role in what happened. That last scene echoes that aspect of Robert just perfectly. It's so funny, I recall vaguely some of the action stuff that happens after this and can't recall at all how things proceed from here to there. Can't wait to find out!
ninepen chapter 4 . 9/20/2014
I like that the dream, remembering her name, wasn't totally out of nowhere, you've already set it up for us that he dreams about this, and that he has memories of a ship exploding, so here he remembers just a tiny bit more, triggered by seeing Anna in the jail.

Ahhh, and we get here that Robert is drawn to risk, as Anna is as well. And he seems to have a bit of...something still present somewhere in him for Anna, lingering over her wrist and so forth.