Reviews for Primrose Path
mcamp755 chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
This story is fantastic! Your writing style is so poetic, and I really like that the story is short yet immensely powerful. Well done!
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I'm quite taken with how you've done this. I feel like a lot of people would give Grima an angsty backstory to account for his wicked ways, but you very clearly show that it's a result of a series of choices. It's very realistic because you can see echoes of it in your own life, of decisions that drag into darkness, or at least I can. Your imagery and word choices are quite brilliant and classically timeless. Wonderfully astute observation of his interactions with Eowyn and especially his decision to hit back when he recognizes the truth in what she says about him. It just plays so nicely, he may repent later, but at that moment he just mires himself deeper in sin by attacking her rather than trying to cleanse himself.
Qu0thTheRavenNeverm0re chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Ughhhhh... gorgeous, beautiful, sexy piece... perfect writing... lovvvve!
auri mynonys chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Very nice piece here. Besides some occasional extraneous "to's" and some slightly confusing wording, this piece is fabulous and very original. I think the ending would almost work better if you just stopped at Grima saying, "Oh, but you are alone..." It would seem more bitter and a touch ironic that way. Overall, excellent work here!
Kythi Ravenswing chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
I like this! It's a good portrait of Grima and how he comes to the place he comes to... it's only a small step at a time...