Reviews for Last Man Standing
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Omg, we share 2 ships! This is such a beautiful fic, I was literally crying by the end.
AJ Mercedes chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
That was beautiful. And I love "Ghost and Mrs. Muir" like endings.
The Breeze chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Great little story.
Whyt Wulf chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
That was amazingly touching. I love how you managed to capture all the main points from Jayne's perspective, exactly as I imagine he'd think of them. Almost chokes a man up. Bravo.
kiku65 chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Going into my corner to cry now :( *Sniffle*
dave hu chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
The first thing I noticed was how the story accurately uses the vernacular used in the show-the juxtaposition of midwest/rural speech and with a smattering of Chinese words and curses. It was fairly faithful to the way Jayne talked on the show, but the story was curiously in third-person rather than Jayne's perspective.

Aside from that, the personality of most of the characters was hardly there, if at all. The characters the story doesn't focus on are not mentioned in any interesting detail; the pretty much hook up anticlimactically with their foil from the series and then die in some way. The characters brought in simply aren't really given anything more than a few details.

What bothers me is how the story treats its two main characters, River and Jayne. In the story they become a couple, which doesn't really make any sense in context with the series. The story doesn't reconcile Jayne's general crudeness, River's disturbed genious, and their previously poor relationship (Jayne was always trying to get River and Simon off the ship, and was willing to condemn them to certain death to do it) with their relationship in the story.

I can see that the author is trying to create a softer side of Jayne, which is certainly a worthy place to explore. Jayne may be a badass, but he still shows the occasional weakness. The idea of a story from the perspective of a reminiscing weathered, older and wiser Jayne is certainly compelling. However, I don't think this story really exhausts that potential.
jcap1526 chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
This was just beautiful! Written very well; looking forward to other fics from you, esp Riv/Jayne.
Ace chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
My eyes are watering...seriously...completely beatiful :)
Serenity Hope chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
So sad.
Fififelicity chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Im really tearing up right now, this was so beautiful. When I die I want to end up on Serenity too...

You write in such a lovely way, and hit the emotion spot on.
Serenity Valley Girl chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Wow! That was really beautiful.
aswiftlytiltingreality chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
that was awesome.
GillianRose chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
beautiful
Kristafied chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
As sad as the subject seems, this is actually a really nice story - a peaceful, if wistful vibe runs through it, and you do Jayne's character well.
Bao Bei Tony chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Very good, I liked your imagery and your ending.

Keep it up.