Reviews for Deva 04: Endless Waltz
kinigget chapter 39 . 4/17
I honestly don't hate Natalia, even after all she's done. She saw a chance to get her brother back and suddenly nothing else mattered, even if she hates what she's done, she could not possibly have done anything else.
kinigget chapter 35 . 4/15
I should amend my previous review to say that Noriko surrendering at all depends entirely on her not being the First Emperor herself, and with the implication that the First Emperor may be a Deva mage (combined with the way you dance around the issue), that possibility is looking more and more likely. Besides, you've never explicitly stated the Emperor's gender. As a last note, she's also the most qualified of the currently established characters to lead an empire. I am having *so much fun* with this
kinigget chapter 33 . 4/15
Cidela is the Goddess of Light and I should have figured it out as soon as Hayate decided to convert her to a Deva mage, if not sooner. Also, I cannot see Noriko surrendering sovereignty to All Hanthis, not them alone, and not without her full trust in whoever she surrenders to. I know better than to think that this war will end in a pure victory for either side, and I know now that Cidela will be the deciding factor in how the Empire is formed
kinigget chapter 31 . 4/15
Gods, this is turning into the darkest fic I've read since Imperfect Metamorphosis (which you should read, given the Yukari Yakumo cameo in PoV) and I'm having just as much fun working out the foreshadowing and implications
kinigget chapter 28 . 4/14
I saw Natalia's betrayal coming a mile away, given that only she and one other student know anything about the All Hazard language. I'm also calling her now as the Dark Witch, with potential for Yosho to be the First Emperor, but that one is far less certain. I also have ideas as to how this war is going to end, but nothing I'm willing to share yet
Maimakterion chapter 47 . 5/26/2014
Finally found time to reread the whole fic and catch up.

Glorious. things are really moving now, arent they? The end draws nigh.

ja ne
Jack Inqu chapter 47 . 5/13/2014
It will be interesting to see how everyone works together in an operation like this, given the mutual issues between them all.

I'm glad to see that Laura is taking her new position and fledgling organization seriously. I gather, from the notes you include at the ends of the chapters, that they become quite the force in the future, and here we see the first seeds of that.

Hmm, interesting play by Chrono. As he said, I doubt anything too serious will happen to him, but I'll still be interested in seeing the fallout.

Take care, good luck, and I look forward to your next update.
Spica75 chapter 47 . 5/11/2014
Great to see more of this!
Jammin-2099 chapter 47 . 5/11/2014
YAY! It's Back!

This is Great!

Finally we get to see some of the real things for Dies Irae, and not just Ominous Foreshadowing.

Ensign Reian is definitely a Knight-in-the-making.

Congratulations, I didn't see the "Esien is Atarsamain" coming until you had the reveal last chapter.

I'll re-iterate that I would love to see this animated, (Even if it'll never happen.) or even just as a doujin I think it could work.
angela.tokiha chapter 47 . 5/9/2014
It is so great, that the story, that got me hooked quite for several years, is back and live again. And awesome as always.

Seeing as the story now moves to Moscow, as I'm living there, feel free to ask if you need any questions/references on the city.
The Mad Metamorphmagus chapter 47 . 5/7/2014
The snippets at the end of the chapters are interesting, but they remove quite a bit of dramatic tension.

Nice to see things getting sorted at the TSAB. Not a lot going on, but setting the scene and character introduxtion is good.
Navi-Zero chapter 47 . 5/6/2014
I really do love how you write the inter-personal relationships and faction politics. It'll be interesting to see the short term affects of Chrono's actions, and his predictions mesh well with mine. Of course, there are very nice ways High Command can get subtle revenge, either through postings to backwaters, enforced leave, or reassignment to a desk job where he would be essentially marginalized for the remainder of his career.

The bit with Senbonzakura and the overlooked benefits of Deva Magic is pretty neat, but I would like to see it fleshed out a bit more on the science end, if you could. I can't help it, I like knowing how things work. I also wonder about the effective range of the petals, and how long they can last on their own at range before dispersal. Just litter the area with petals, then lure in targets...
boomer sooner chapter 47 . 5/6/2014
I must say, the hardline punishment approach of Chrono seems a bit out of left field when considering the relatively merciful punishments seen in series (Numbers, Yagami & Wolkenritter, etc) and even beforehand in the story (Tai-Yu). Also, like the other person said. The constant Circle/Yagami faction grandstanding in the middle of active duty seems a bit shoved in/hammy at points.
Barricade chapter 47 . 5/6/2014
Minor quibble here. Gunkanjima Island isn't in Tokyo Bay. It's off the western coast of Nagasaki prefecture, which is on the complete opposite side of Japan from Tokyo. And the real name of the island, is Hashima Island. 'Gunkanjima' is a nickname due to what it looks like.

More directly into the storyline, General Tolland is being condescending arrogant (and letting his personal feelings on the matter) to the point of it being blatantly stupid. Especially for a senior officer of his rank. At that level of seniority, he's got at least one or two detached tours of duty to a diplomatic posting, and quite literally has to have diplomatic training. As in, letting personal feelings on matters affect judgements when national security & diplomatic reputation(s) are on the line is outright anathema. Just suggesting what he did, obliquely or directly, could very easily see the man stripped of his post and or of his stars. Just look at what happened to Gen. MacArthur, or several other generals during WWII that pushed things. Below a certain point, verbally spar/snipe all you want. Beyond a certain point where you actively hint/suggest harming an ally, and you will get blasted by the politicians in charge (Parliment would roast Tolland alive over this).

I'm not sure you realize it, but its a glaring flaw you've done repeatedly, in an otherwise superb series of stories: Anytime a member of the Circles, who is a hardliner, comes into contact with Hayate's group, they're handed the proverbial idiot ball and couldn't keep their mouths shut to save themselves, their Circle faction's reputation, or their OTHER faction's (USMC, USN, US Army, RN, RM, etc, etc) reputations. When it's outside of duties, sure, let them have all the verbal rope they need to hang themselves. When on duty? Half of the people mentioned as Circle hardliners would have been canned from their positions, or busted down multiple ranks, if not discharged outright.
bobbo chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
I fucking LOVE this story! God bless you for continuing it this April.