Reviews for Deva 04: Endless Waltz
Maimakterion chapter 47 . 5/26/2014
Finally found time to reread the whole fic and catch up.

Glorious. things are really moving now, arent they? The end draws nigh.

ja ne
Jack Inqu chapter 47 . 5/13/2014
It will be interesting to see how everyone works together in an operation like this, given the mutual issues between them all.

I'm glad to see that Laura is taking her new position and fledgling organization seriously. I gather, from the notes you include at the ends of the chapters, that they become quite the force in the future, and here we see the first seeds of that.

Hmm, interesting play by Chrono. As he said, I doubt anything too serious will happen to him, but I'll still be interested in seeing the fallout.

Take care, good luck, and I look forward to your next update.
Spica75 chapter 47 . 5/11/2014
Great to see more of this!
Jammin-2099 chapter 47 . 5/11/2014
YAY! It's Back!

This is Great!

Finally we get to see some of the real things for Dies Irae, and not just Ominous Foreshadowing.

Ensign Reian is definitely a Knight-in-the-making.

Congratulations, I didn't see the "Esien is Atarsamain" coming until you had the reveal last chapter.

I'll re-iterate that I would love to see this animated, (Even if it'll never happen.) or even just as a doujin I think it could work.
angela.tokiha chapter 47 . 5/9/2014
It is so great, that the story, that got me hooked quite for several years, is back and live again. And awesome as always.

Seeing as the story now moves to Moscow, as I'm living there, feel free to ask if you need any questions/references on the city.
The Mad Metamorphmagus chapter 47 . 5/7/2014
The snippets at the end of the chapters are interesting, but they remove quite a bit of dramatic tension.

Nice to see things getting sorted at the TSAB. Not a lot going on, but setting the scene and character introduxtion is good.
Navi-Zero chapter 47 . 5/6/2014
I really do love how you write the inter-personal relationships and faction politics. It'll be interesting to see the short term affects of Chrono's actions, and his predictions mesh well with mine. Of course, there are very nice ways High Command can get subtle revenge, either through postings to backwaters, enforced leave, or reassignment to a desk job where he would be essentially marginalized for the remainder of his career.

The bit with Senbonzakura and the overlooked benefits of Deva Magic is pretty neat, but I would like to see it fleshed out a bit more on the science end, if you could. I can't help it, I like knowing how things work. I also wonder about the effective range of the petals, and how long they can last on their own at range before dispersal. Just litter the area with petals, then lure in targets...
boomer sooner chapter 47 . 5/6/2014
I must say, the hardline punishment approach of Chrono seems a bit out of left field when considering the relatively merciful punishments seen in series (Numbers, Yagami & Wolkenritter, etc) and even beforehand in the story (Tai-Yu). Also, like the other person said. The constant Circle/Yagami faction grandstanding in the middle of active duty seems a bit shoved in/hammy at points.
Barricade chapter 47 . 5/6/2014
Minor quibble here. Gunkanjima Island isn't in Tokyo Bay. It's off the western coast of Nagasaki prefecture, which is on the complete opposite side of Japan from Tokyo. And the real name of the island, is Hashima Island. 'Gunkanjima' is a nickname due to what it looks like.

More directly into the storyline, General Tolland is being condescending arrogant (and letting his personal feelings on the matter) to the point of it being blatantly stupid. Especially for a senior officer of his rank. At that level of seniority, he's got at least one or two detached tours of duty to a diplomatic posting, and quite literally has to have diplomatic training. As in, letting personal feelings on matters affect judgements when national security & diplomatic reputation(s) are on the line is outright anathema. Just suggesting what he did, obliquely or directly, could very easily see the man stripped of his post and or of his stars. Just look at what happened to Gen. MacArthur, or several other generals during WWII that pushed things. Below a certain point, verbally spar/snipe all you want. Beyond a certain point where you actively hint/suggest harming an ally, and you will get blasted by the politicians in charge (Parliment would roast Tolland alive over this).

I'm not sure you realize it, but its a glaring flaw you've done repeatedly, in an otherwise superb series of stories: Anytime a member of the Circles, who is a hardliner, comes into contact with Hayate's group, they're handed the proverbial idiot ball and couldn't keep their mouths shut to save themselves, their Circle faction's reputation, or their OTHER faction's (USMC, USN, US Army, RN, RM, etc, etc) reputations. When it's outside of duties, sure, let them have all the verbal rope they need to hang themselves. When on duty? Half of the people mentioned as Circle hardliners would have been canned from their positions, or busted down multiple ranks, if not discharged outright.
bobbo chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
I fucking LOVE this story! God bless you for continuing it this April.
pfeil chapter 46 . 4/27/2014
Glad to have you back! Just finished rereading all 897k words in the series so far in celebration :)

Poor Cid-chan, she been wandering for quite some time now. I still haven't puzzled out your teasing about just what she's becoming, but I'm certainly intreagued. Also the lifespans implied make me wonder where you're going with that.
pfeil chapter 37 . 4/27/2014
Wonderful description of their reaction to an out-of-context problem. And a good reminder just how scary boomers are...
Navi-Zero chapter 46 . 4/22/2014
Glad to see you still writing. This was a great chapter, as always. I hope your job situation has settled a bit and that you are well settled into your new home.
Take your time with writing. Your stories, as well as your physical and mental health, are worth the wait.
Jack Inqu chapter 46 . 4/22/2014
I have to admit, I was quite surprised (and very pleased) to get an update notice from you. I'm very sorry you've had a rough year, and I hope things improve for you soon.

A very nice chapter, which wraps some things up and hints at things to come. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Take care, good luck, and I look forward to your next update.
boomer sooner chapter 45 . 4/21/2014
Took some more time to read over the last chapter, but I already left a review for 46 and only lets me post one review per chapter, so hopefully you'll see this on 45:

Judging from the last three scenes, Master Adept Esien is actually 'Kessenra' and the first girl that ran out of the room upon Cid's arrival was this 'Apprentice Heather Newscome'. I guess the Circles now believe Cid is "The Goddess." Once again, it seems as if there are people in the Circles pulling strings for their own ends in plain sight, with Esien planning assassinations of Al Hanthis and possibly even Yagami Academy personnel. The chaos from so many separate plans at the same time as the Circle assault, Day of Wrath indeed. This entire story, the Circles are such Sieves when it comes to defending from spies and 3rd party interference I'm actually starting to feel sorry for them. Final note, so Cidela actually manifested in Yellowstone, and got kicked back into the void without notifying Shamal and Co. I guess I don't feel too sorry for them now, we'll see. :) "Yo Yagami, Shamal, your missing girl that's been in a coma for days just turned up, but we needed her for something so we dumped her back into the middle of nowhere, sorry!" LOLOLOL those Circle trolls :)